You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

So will the extension goal raptors be available to buy in stores like the other figures when they get released? They wont be some kickstarter exclusive like the blue raptor right? If they are only exclusive to supporting the kickstarter thatd be lame. Id love to get them all but cant afford to atthis time :/
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Dobber

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 11, 2016, 05:58:34 PM
It's certainly a large chunk of change to put down for a project that will take a year to complete..but I still love the concept. 

I guess the ceratopsian one will be a bit more affordable though, I guess he only needs to make different heads for those?

I'm really not super excited about the Ceratopsians, never been a HUGE fan of them. Like them like I like all dinosaurs, but not much more beyond that. With those I'd probably just get a Trike and maybe a Styracosaurus.

Chris

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Silvanusaurus

Wow, I'm really falling behind on this, I havent pledged anything yet as I've been trying to work out what I can and can't afford. I was thinking of just limiting it to one Tsaagan and the rather lovely looking Balaur, but seeing the silhouette of the Zhenyuanlong, that looks like it will be quite extraordinary... those wings look glorious! If that's unlocked then maybe I'll have to stretch to three raptors after all...

Flaffy

Quote from: Archinto on May 11, 2016, 07:12:19 PM
So will the extension goal raptors be available to buy in stores like the other figures when they get released? They wont be some kickstarter exclusive like the blue raptor right? If they are only exclusive to supporting the kickstarter thatd be lame. Id love to get them all but cant afford to atthis time :/
I think he'll be selling the remaining figures after the Kickstarter in his own shop. But I'm not sure. :P

Flaffy

J.R.S T REX

I see that the stretch goals 1 through 4 are unlocked.  I go to my pledge page and look through the list and cannot find any of them.  Can someone help me out here, obviously I am not doing something right.  Thanks in advance! ;D

Dobber

You don't change what pledge you selected, you just add to your total. So if you want 1 of the stretch goal raptors you just add $35(for US) per raptor. When the campaign is over, you will be sent a backer kit survey where you state what stretch goal raptors the extra money is for.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

J.R.S T REX

Thanks, I just went back and reread that on page 11.  Thanks!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 12, 2016, 12:58:06 AM
Wow, I'm really falling behind on this, I havent pledged anything yet as I've been trying to work out what I can and can't afford. I was thinking of just limiting it to one Tsaagan and the rather lovely looking Balaur, but seeing the silhouette of the Zhenyuanlong, that looks like it will be quite extraordinary... those wings look glorious! If that's unlocked then maybe I'll have to stretch to three raptors after all...
I'm having trouble deciding too, and if Zhenyuanlong gets funded, that'll just make it harder!  Balaur definitely has its charms.  Adasaurus has FANTASTIC colors based on the card illustration.  And Zhenyuanlong looks so fluffy!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Flaffy

$5000 away from stretch goal #5, Acheroraptor!!!

Flaffy

$4000 away from Stretch goal #5, Acheroraptor!!!  ;D

Flaffy

$1000 away from Stretch goal #5, Acheroraptor!!!

terrorchicken

seriously?!  Balaur had TWO hook claws on each foot?! can a dino get any more badass?!  :o

Yutyrannus

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 12, 2016, 06:39:40 PM
seriously?!  Balaur had TWO hook claws on each foot?! can a dino get any more badass?!  :o
Apparently, swifts also have feet that are somewhat similar to that. Also, Balaur was probably either an omnivore or a herbivore (I'm leaning more towards herbivore myself), and based on most modern large, flightless island birds, I kind of doubt it was an aggressive one.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

ItsTwentyBelow

Ok, finally pulled the trigger and pledged for an Atrociraptor!  ;D

I'm glad to see this is finally coming to fruition, because its been years in the making. I wasn't initially as interested, but the prototypes are so nice, and one of the gals who works in my office (at a firm where we provide archaeological cultural resources management services, so we enjoy our historical sciences there) told me she pledged for the whole set the other day, and that got me excited! We've been raving over them in the office the past couple days.

I also showed her our wonderful website here, and I believe she joined today as Broadzilla. Always great to be in like company!

Anyway yeah, the Atrociraptor is my fave. I'll just stick with one for now  ;)

Victoria's Cantina

Oh man, the Dromaeosaurus art work looks incredible. If the figure looks half that good I'm going to have to break my "no more stretch goals" rule and add one.

Flaffy

I'm kinda confused about the stretch goal raptors. I'm short on cash right now and I can't afford a stretch goal raptor as what I get is that I have to pledge for a normal raptor before I can pledge for a stretch goal. I wonder if David will only make the pledge goal raptors according to how many people pledged for it on Kickstarter or will he make extras and sell them in his shop?  :-\

Shadowknight1

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 13, 2016, 03:07:11 AM
I'm kinda confused about the stretch goal raptors. I'm short on cash right now and I can't afford a stretch goal raptor as what I get is that I have to pledge for a normal raptor before I can pledge for a stretch goal. I wonder if David will only make the pledge goal raptors according to how many people pledged for it on Kickstarter or will he make extras and sell them in his shop?  :-\
I can't speak for him, but I believe his intention would be to sell the raptors met by the stretch goals as well.  Three figures technically doesn't make for a very diverse action figure line, after all.

EDIT: Guys, it's almost at 180,000.  After that it's really just a matter of time before we get Zhenyuanlong!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

stargatedalek

I hope more than just his shop stocks them. For whatever reason his shipping is prohibitively expensive.

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 13, 2016, 03:46:59 AM
I hope more than just his shop stocks them. For whatever reason his shipping is prohibitively expensive.
agreed, the only thing putting me off is that the shipping is too expensive. ($25USD :o)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: