You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Wow, there's only Linheraptor left in the stretch goals!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 15, 2016, 02:00:38 AM
Hopefully he'll add Deinonychus, Dakotaraptor, and Utahraptor now (although of course he'd have to wait to sculpt the latter until the new paper is finally published) ;D.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Yutyrannus on May 15, 2016, 03:25:04 AM
Hopefully he'll add Deinonychus, Dakotaraptor, and Utahraptor now (although of course he'd have to wait to sculpt the latter until the new paper is finally published) ;D.
He's already said he's not doing those in this series or scale.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 15, 2016, 03:44:14 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on May 15, 2016, 03:25:04 AM
He's already said he's not doing those in this series or scale.
I can understand the last two, but why not Deinonychus? Also, where did he say this?
EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw it in the FAQ section.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

antorbitalfenestrae

I'm trying to pledge for the V. mongoliensis but there's something up with KS and it keeps freezing and getting errors. While that's going on, does anyone know if we'll be getting more art and/or preview images of the stretch goal dinosaurs before it ends? I don't think I would spend more money on them, but I would like to know what they're going to look like before i make any final decisions.

Also what do people think of the material/paint and how it would hold up to being moved around? Since they're posable, I am definitely going to be using them for reference, and I hope it'll stand up to a lot of that...

Nanuqsaurus

I think these raptors look great, and I wish I could have one, but I'm very confused about this whole Kickstarter concept. I've never participated in a Kickstarter, only heard about it. That, combined with the fact that English is not my native language, makes it kinda difficult for me to understand what exactly is going on here. So maybe you guys could explain some things to me. :)

- What is a ''stretch goal?''
- What does it mean to ''pledge'' for something?
- When the Kickstarter is over (or don't these things go over?), can one just order a raptor? In other words, is participating in the Kickstarter the only way to get one?

I hope it didn't sound too rude, I'm just trying to understand this because it looks so awesome!

Shadowknight1

Stretch goals are added incentives that Kickstarter campaigns often use.  Basically, the "needed funds", which was $125,000 in this case, are the minimum the creator needs to bring the project to fruition, but extra money helps, and having extra bonuses that people can get helps give incentive for people to keep giving.

When you pledge an amount on Kickstarter, you're simply saying that you will pay that amount if and when the Kickstarter ends successfully.  If the Kickstarter fails, you don't lose money.

From what I understand, participating in the Kickstarter isn't the only way to get one as David will have some left over to sell on his site and will hopefully parley the success of this venture into getting these fantastic figures produced on a higher scale.  And I think it's a guarantee at this point that he'll have some extra raptors.

Flaffy

I really hope that there will be enough leftover raptors for sale for the people who don't have sufficient cash right now to pledge for a raptor :'(. I'm more concerned over the stretch goal raptors as I think that they wouldn't be produced as much as the original three raptors .

Blade-of-the-Moon

Did some figuring and I'm done I think.

Raptor Pack - 115.00
Saurornitholestes - 35.00
Balaur Bondoc - 35.00
Dromeosaurus- 35.00
Zhenyuanlong - 35.00

total -  255.00

If more are made later I might in then, David did also say there would resin kit versions of these guys too.

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

I hope the ceratopsian series becomes a thing! I would rather get them!
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 15, 2016, 04:29:06 PM
Did some figuring and I'm done I think.

Raptor Pack - 115.00
Saurornitholestes - 35.00
Balaur Bondoc - 35.00
Dromeosaurus- 35.00
Zhenyuanlong - 35.00

total -  255.00

If more are made later I might in then, David did also say there would resin kit versions of these guys too.

I'm also done (similar taste it seems).

Raptor Pack - 145.00
Saurornitholestes - 37.00
Dromeosaurus- 37.00
Zhenyuanlong - 37.00

total -  256.00

One Dollar more for one figure less :'(. Lucky Americans you!
Well ... that's life. I hope this will all come true :).

Shadowknight1

Only reason I'm getting off cheap is because I went in restricting myself to one main raptor and one stretch goal.  Hence Velociraptor and Zhenyuanlong.

empire3569

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 15, 2016, 09:34:04 PM
Only reason I'm getting off cheap is because I went in restricting myself to one main raptor and one stretch goal.  Hence Velociraptor and Zhenyuanlong.

Ya I did the same thing, but went with Atrociraptor and Dromaeosarus. Several of them were very tempting though... the hardest part about all this is going to be waiting until next May to receive them!

Dobber

As of now I'm going for all except the KSE and the last 2 Stretch goal raptors. I MAY just switch the funds for Adasaurus for the final Stretch goal Raptor as Adasaurus's coloring looks very similar to a couple other Raptors like the original Velociraptor and Dromeosaurus. Haven't decided yet....plus I'm at a painful $325.  :-[

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

Quote from: empire3569 on May 15, 2016, 09:41:40 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 15, 2016, 09:34:04 PM

Ya I did the same thing, but went with Atrociraptor and Dromaeosarus. Several of them were very tempting though... the hardest part about all this is going to be waiting until next May to receive them!
The Balaur and Adasaurus were very tempting, but I love the color choices and the amount of feathers on the Zhenyuanlong.  And if you think waiting a year is bad, try backing a game on Kickstarter.  Those never meet their projected release dates lol

Carcharodontosaurus

Flaffy

Will David have left over stretch goal raptors for sale or will he only have the main three raptors for sale in his shop?  ???

Papi-Anon

I want to see Dromeosaurus's and Balaur's sculpts. I'm pledge for two Atrociraptors and two Stretch Raptors. I loved the color scheme on Balaur along with the double sickle-claws, but Dromeosaurus has a lovely art depiction and color scheme that I might want more so.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from David :

QuoteAnd great job everyone on unlocking the stretch goal raptor #8- Linheraptor! You guys are really getting it done! I'm currently putting together some accessory pack ideas based on your suggestions from the comments section. I'll have more on that soon and I also plan to add the 'all-in' tier with in the next 24 hours.

Also, I would like to know if you all would have interest in a fan-voted raptor variant, choosing one of the first five raptor figures as a base then voting on a new color scheme? Sound cool?

Accessory packs?  Dude..stop taking my money! lol

stargatedalek

I'm curious to see what they will be. Extra parts? Small animals? Eggs/young? Scenery/extra bases?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: