You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 24, 2016, 10:25:57 AM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on July 24, 2016, 09:15:36 AM
Is this the correct link to the pre-order store? I really like these figures, and I want to pre-order one, but I want to be sure what I'm doing before I buy something.

https://beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/52560
Yup, that's the one.

Thanks! :) Now I have to decide which one I'll get. Love the long wings on Balaur and Zhenyuanlong, but those colors on Velociraptor are so good... Heh, this is gonna be difficult! :P

Nanuqsaurus

Aww no... I made a PayPal account to buy one of the raptors, but it seems you need a credit card to pre-order one! Besides that, the import tax in The Netherlands nearly doubles the price of one raptor, from 35 dollars to 60! :( I love not living in the USA...

CyborgDino

In case some of you didn't see, he completed the Adasaurus prototype:

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on July 28, 2016, 02:46:19 PM
Aww no... I made a PayPal account to buy one of the raptors, but it seems you need a credit card to pre-order one! Besides that, the import tax in The Netherlands nearly doubles the price of one raptor, from 35 dollars to 60! :( I love not living in the USA...

I know that feel :(
To me it's not that expensive buy from the U. S.,  it's still more expensive than get figures personally or within the U.S. but not like your case.  But if we talk about figures that are sold on European  sites,  eBay mostly ,  they either  are not shipped to my country or the shipping price equals the figure or exceeds it.

And  on the raptors topic,  I'm definitely going to get one,  they are amazing!  I'm going to start saving for one

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Joe289 on July 28, 2016, 05:22:31 PM

To me it's not that expensive buy from the U. S.,  it's still more expensive than get figures personally or within the U.S. but not like your case.  But if we talk about figures that are sold on European  sites,  eBay mostly ,  they either  are not shipped to my country or the shipping price equals the figure or exceeds it.

And  on the raptors topic,  I'm definitely going to get one,  they are amazing!  I'm going to start saving for one

I've saved enough money to pay for the import taxes and shipping price, I'd pay for it even if it's pretty high. The fact that you can only pay by credit card is a bigger problem. :-\ I thought PayPal was widely used in the US? Or is there a reason you cannot use PayPal in this pre-order store? I would absolutely love to have one of these figures, they're gorgeous, but I'm not gonna get a credit card just for this.

Victoria's Cantina

Adasaurus wasn't on my radar at all, but with the coloring looking like that I think it needs to be.

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on July 28, 2016, 07:33:21 PM
Quote from: Joe289 on July 28, 2016, 05:22:31 PM

I've saved enough money to pay for the import taxes and shipping price, I'd pay for it even if it's pretty high. The fact that you can only pay by credit card is a bigger problem. :-\ I thought PayPal was widely used in the US? Or is there a reason you cannot use PayPal in this pre-order store? I would absolutely love to have one of these figures, they're gorgeous, but I'm not gonna get a credit card just for this.

That's a Kickstarter thing. It's not anything David can control. PayPal is indeed widely used, but it seems to be mostly with somewhat smaller companies and people sending money to each other. Amazon, Walmart, and Target don't even use it.

Sim

Hi Nanuqsaurus, I think a debit card could work as a payment method, just like they did for the Kickstarter.  David has said he plans to sell remaining stock of the figures on his website after the Kickstarter orders and the pre-orders are fulfilled, although he expects the prices to increase about $5 each.  I don't know if he accepts PayPal on his website.

----

A new photo of the figures so far from the Creative Beast Studio Facebook page!  I like how they've been displayed using the clear platforms.

stargatedalek

I hope his store actually calculates the shipping charges by weight for where you want it sent rather than an arbitrary $25 extra. Shipping to Canada shouldn't cost double the cost in the States.

Any word on how long preorders will stay open? The shipping could be worth it if I got a few of the environment sets, but that's looking at some high prices for pieces I haven't even seen yet.

Sim

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 28, 2016, 10:29:53 PM
I hope his store actually calculates the shipping charges by weight for where you want it sent rather than an arbitrary $25 extra. Shipping to Canada shouldn't cost double the cost in the States.

Any word on how long preorders will stay open? The shipping could be worth it if I got a few of the environment sets, but that's looking at some high prices for pieces I haven't even seen yet.

The post pinned at the top of the Creative Beast Studio Facebook page says the pre-order store will be open until 6 September.  I think the shipping cost can become convenient depending on how much one orders since it doesn't increase!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on July 28, 2016, 11:06:30 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 28, 2016, 10:29:53 PM

The post pinned at the top of the Creative Beast Studio Facebook page says the pre-order store will be open until 6 September.  I think the shipping cost can become convenient depending on how much one orders since it doesn't increase!

Quite so! It will cost them much more to ship to me than what they have charged me, since I also have some European members' orders tacked on to mine.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

It only adds a few dollars for each individual piece, so assuming there's no import taxes (which there shouldn't be, since this doesn't compete with any Canadian retail) the shipping as definitely a good deal. The problem is of you're only interested in a few items, since the shipping doesn't scale to small orders. September is plenty of time to get a larger order ready though, thanks guys.

While the topic is up, if anyone wants to combine orders in Canada I'd be up for that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I still have to select which ones i want..deadline is sept 2 right?

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 29, 2016, 08:05:11 AM
I still have to select which ones i want..deadline is sept 2 right?
Deadline should be at September 6th.

Patrx

I'm stalling on my decision while the prototypes continue to be completed - I hope I don't forget to fill out the survey entirely!

stargatedalek

I tried to place an order and can confirm debit dos not work. Visa debit might though.

Sim

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 29, 2016, 06:38:45 PM
I tried to place an order and can confirm debit dos not work. Visa debit might though.

Oh!  Visa debit cards worked for payment for the Kickstarter.  I didn't know different types of debit cards could get treated differently or if I did know this I'd long forgotten it.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Sim on July 29, 2016, 07:41:20 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 29, 2016, 06:38:45 PM

Oh!  Visa debit cards worked for payment for the Kickstarter.  I didn't know different types of debit cards could get treated differently or if I did know this I'd long forgotten it.

Some debit cards (often for smaller banks) are not associated with Visa or MasterCard or what have you. Credit cards that do list them would work though since they would be treated as a credit card.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on July 29, 2016, 03:43:29 PM
I'm stalling on my decision while the prototypes continue to be completed - I hope I don't forget to fill out the survey entirely!

same boat bud..

Digibasherx

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 28, 2016, 11:38:41 PM
It only adds a few dollars for each individual piece, so assuming there's no import taxes (which there shouldn't be, since this doesn't compete with any Canadian retail) the shipping as definitely a good deal.

I don't know about import taxes, Canada customs always like to get their share.  It's really hit and miss from my experience.  Sometimes I get hit with a huge tax and sometimes, a huge shipment comes in and it gets by with nothing.  I ship a lot from all over, and the US seems to have higher chances of getting taxed.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Victoria B on July 28, 2016, 08:16:23 PM
That's a Kickstarter thing. It's not anything David can control. PayPal is indeed widely used, but it seems to be mostly with somewhat smaller companies and people sending money to each other. Amazon, Walmart, and Target don't even use it.
Actually Amazon does use Paypal. I don't have a credit card, but I've made plenty of Amazon purchases through my Paypal account.
If I still need a credit card for these pre-orders consider me disappointed as well. I want to get these figures while they're most affordable!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: