News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Feathered Dinosaurs

Started by Tapejara1122, July 08, 2015, 07:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Answer "yes" if you like the idea of feathered dinosaurs, answer "no" if you dont, or not bothered if you dont mind

Yes
No
Not bothered

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: John on September 06, 2015, 07:17:18 PM
I would put money on it does not make it any less interesting to me that it was when it was thought to be scaly. :)

Quite right too. I wish I saw more people with your sensible attitude. :)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

fleshanthos

I was stuck in the 70's with books claiming Dinos were large lizards: slow, plodding, stupid.
Discovering "The Hot Blooded Dinosaurs" and then "The Dinosaur Heresies" put that on its ear - before even reading JP, let alone seeing the first movie.

Now the Science points to another major revision for our picture of Dinosaurs. Well, Science is the best tool we have at uncovering reality. Reality cannot be disagreed with; I find a delusional mentality that rejects facts because that person "doesn't like it." I might sigh that there's yet another inaccuracy in my running T. rex, but I will reject the croc-skin "reptilian" monster I grew up with for the accurate version instead: this 'ultimate cowboy-boots' supplier looks diseased and emaciated without his feathers now. Must be the ridiculous snaggle teeth that did it.

But then there's the herbivores that are also suffering from intense dermatisis or else feather-plucking.

....THIS is what we thought they were??!? 
Science DOES cause embarrassment sometimes.
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.