News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nakasato Real Series

Started by Daspletodave, July 12, 2015, 11:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chasmosaur

That Protoceratops looks great. Wished I could they would make plastic version on a smaller scale. Same with the Saichania.

Arul

Daspletodave

Just got more Nakasato figures. These are the Deinocheirus mirificus and the Citipati osmolskae figures. Both are part of the "Dinosaur Kingdom Autumn Festival Series" from Kanna, Japan. The figures are resin.

tanystropheus

a lot of potential here. scale is a bit too big for my taste.

RobinGoodfellow

On the Kanna Dinosaur Center webshop there are 2 new models from CS Model Design, a young Citipati and a young Velociraptor's head:

http://www.dino-nakasato.jp/shopdetail/000000000355/ct21/page1/recommend/

http://www.dino-nakasato.jp/shopdetail/000000000354/ct21/page1/recommend/

DinoLord

That Velociraptor head is straight from the 90s...

copper

When I first saw the protoceratops I bought that one immediately and was planning to get the saichania later.. But now it's a bit too expensive  :P

RobinGoodfellow

Halichoeres

I'm really irritated that they released this six months after I shelled out for the Expo version.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 04, 2017, 09:39:17 PM
I'm really irritated that they released this six months after I shelled out for the Expo version.

Hey, if you're looking for a buyer for the Expo one... ::raises hand::
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 04, 2017, 09:54:35 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 04, 2017, 09:39:17 PM

Hey, if you're looking for a buyer for the Expo one... ::raises hand::

It won't be cheap, but it is yours if you want it!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

RobinGoodfellow

...also the Expo Spinosaurus , the Expo Tyrannosaurus and the exclusive "old" Expo Tsintaosaurus (with the "skinny horn") are available as regular figures in the Kanna shop right now..
I bought mine at a much higher price too at the Expo; I'm not happy about that...  >:(

There is also a new Tyrannosaurus available:

Flaffy

So much for being an Expo exclusive...

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Yeah, releasing these three as Expo exclusives and then making identical sculpts available at half the price is a real kick in the teeth. The only difference is the packaging, and in the case of the Tsintaosaurus, the base, which in the Expo edition says "Thank you for your support" and has an edition number. They could have at least changed the paint jobs.

stargatedalek

The expo was probably a market test to see if they would sell, that or they didn't sell as well as planned. Not saying I approve, just might not be as open and shut as re-releasing them, especially so soon after.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I just discovered this company when someone posted about the ornithomimosaur recently; what cool models! Too bad they're a little out of my price range. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on them though...

Shonisaurus

Kanna makes great models it's a shame that they are made of resin. Deinocheirus at first glance looks like a PVC model.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on May 11, 2019, 12:29:51 AM
I just discovered this company when someone posted about the ornithomimosaur recently; what cool models! Too bad they're a little out of my price range. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on them though...

If it could help, here some pictures from my collection:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658364013698

I can highly recommend these models.  8)

Daspletodave

Something very odd happening here, maybe a forum member can help. All of my photos had been stored on Photobucket. When that site started demanding payment I stopped using it (although my old photos are still there). As a result, all my photos from Photobucket were deleted from my old postings.
Now, as I can plainly see above, my Photobucket photos are back! I have not paid them anything, so I don't understand how the photos have reappeared.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: