News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuelQuelQuel

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on September 24, 2015, 03:31:30 PM
Is anyone having stability issues with their figure?
I ask this because in a lot of the photos people have posted the figures look like their leaning a bit to one side.
In the past REBOR's plastic hasn't really been the best at holding up against leaning or weight issues so I wonder will the Acro end up falling over as well.

None of the 4(?) reviews so far have had stability issues.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 24, 2015, 04:06:01 PM
I ask this because in a lot of the photos people have posted the figures look like their leaning a bit to one side.
In the past REBOR's plastic hasn't really been the best at holding up against leaning or weight issues so I wonder will the Acro end up falling over as well.

I am.

Sometimes it will balance by itself, but I have to find the "sweet spot", otherwise it topples over. Mine has warped legs.

It's on my shelf now and is using the wall as a support.

pylraster

Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 24, 2015, 01:43:51 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 24, 2015, 02:11:17 AM
Technically, wouldn't the Queen T. rex need to be bigger than the King?

Would be amusing if they did the slender morphotype and named it something different to acknowledge that the females were the bosses. That way they could really do lots with plumage etc.

There isn't really any conclusive evidence that female T.rexes were larger than males. It's just some theory that became popular some years back, without anything backing it up.

empire3569

So my model does indeed have slightly warped legs like everyone else's; however, I have found that there is a way that it can be placed on the base so that neither foot is perfectly flat, and it doesn't look like it's leaning. Just play around with it a little. And this position, at least for my model, is actually more stable than you would think

QuelQuelQuel

Quote from: pylraster on September 24, 2015, 05:48:59 PM
Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 24, 2015, 01:43:51 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on September 24, 2015, 02:11:17 AM
Technically, wouldn't the Queen T. rex need to be bigger than the King?

Would be amusing if they did the slender morphotype and named it something different to acknowledge that the females were the bosses. That way they could really do lots with plumage etc.

There isn't really any conclusive evidence that female T.rexes were larger than males. It's just some theory that became popular some years back, without anything backing it up.

There are two distinct morphotypes, one is slender and one is larger with wider hips. The best evidence suggests the larger more robust morphotype was female. Of course it's not conclusive but that's not really a necessity in this context.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 24, 2015, 05:17:23 PM
Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 24, 2015, 04:06:01 PM

I am.

Sometimes it will balance by itself, but I have to find the "sweet spot", otherwise it topples over. Mine has warped legs.

Ah so you purchased it in the end? Very quick delivery in that case! As I said, none of the other 4 before you have had issues though so perhaps it's sheer unluckiness or your setup. Maybe photos would help?

All the models seem to have the "leg warping" which makes the right leg stand on one toe (which actually makes it more stable by reducing the degrees of freedom it has to rotate), but that actually seems by design. Is yours a different warping to the rest?

Shonisaurus

My Acrocanthosaurus Rebor with the theropod and sauropod nests are on their way. I start to worry with the claims of the people of the forum regarding the Acrocanthosaurus.

I would not want it to stand precariously as me about the ceratosaurus.

QuelQuelQuel

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 24, 2015, 07:24:13 PM
My Acrocanthosaurus Rebor with the theropod and sauropod nests are on their way. I start to worry with the claims of the people of the forum regarding the Acrocanthosaurus.

Mine came with a plastic divider for the legs, unlike the Ceratosaurus. So far only Tyrantqueen has had issues, I'm sure that once they report back we'll have a better idea why.

Invicta Hunter

QuoteI am.

QuoteSo my model does indeed have slightly warped legs like everyone else's; however, I have found that there is a way that it can be placed on the base so that neither foot is perfectly flat, and it doesn't look like it's leaning. Just play around with it a little. And this position, at least for my model, is actually more stable than you would think

It's a shame this one has the warping issue as well.
I guess the plastic tray didn't really help it much in the end.

Silvanusaurus

Mine has the angled right foot but this doesnt seem to cause any problems with it standing, that seems like a fairly universal feature though so I assumed it must be intentional. Concerning those that can't stand very well, is that more likely a fault in the original design itself or in the mass production process?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 24, 2015, 07:40:15 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 24, 2015, 07:24:13 PM

Mine came with a plastic divider for the legs, unlike the Ceratosaurus. So far only Tyrantqueen has had issues, I'm sure that once they report back we'll have a better idea why.

It may be that the Acrocanthosaurus of Tyrantqueen be due to a manufacturing error. And I will inform the forum when I get mine if maintained properly or not stand without the base.

QuelQuelQuel

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on September 24, 2015, 07:47:19 PM
QuoteI am.

QuoteSo my model does indeed have slightly warped legs like everyone else's; however, I have found that there is a way that it can be placed on the base so that neither foot is perfectly flat, and it doesn't look like it's leaning. Just play around with it a little. And this position, at least for my model, is actually more stable than you would think

As everyone else has said, it's almost certainly by design and not a result of the manufacturing or packaging process, which doesn't actually impact the stability of the model at all. The fact it's balanced on a splayed foot and a single toe in fact helps the stability by making it an effective tripod. 

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 24, 2015, 10:15:11 PM
QuoteI am.

As everyone else has said, it's almost certainly by design and not a result of the manufacturing or packaging process, which doesn't actually impact the stability of the model at all. The fact it's balanced on a splayed foot and a single toe in fact helps the stability by making it an effective tripod.

If it is by design then that's some pretty shoddy work if you ask me.
It makes more sense that the figure just warped like the ceratosaurus did and the plastic tray offered some stability for the legs but just not enough. Plus if some peoples figures are balancing on one toe it's more than likely that the plastic will bend over time especially if you live somewhere warm.

QuelQuelQuel

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on September 24, 2015, 10:39:07 PM
Quote from: QuelQuelQuel on September 24, 2015, 10:15:11 PM
QuoteI am.

If it is by design then that's some pretty shoddy work if you ask me.
It makes more sense that the figure just warped like the ceratosaurus did and the plastic tray offered some stability for the legs but just not enough. Plus if some peoples figures are balancing on one toe it's more than likely that the plastic will bend over time especially if you live somewhere warm.

Again, with the model in hand that doesn't seem the case to me. It's certainly not warping like the Ceratosaurus, I own both. The all, not some of the pictures so far and the display models sit on one toe and are stable. And as I said, this helps the stability of the model by reducing the degrees of freedom by reducing the points the figure has to rotate around. While it's possible heat may cause the leg to warp, this is the same with any figure and the legs of the acro are far thicker and would need to warp far more than the Ceratosaurus to cause stability issues. If you're having problems with yours then please post pictures, it would be helpful for everyone.

Shadowknight1

Got my 2nd Acro today and can confirm two things.  First, even without taking the plastic tray off, I can see the right foot would balance on the middle toe.  Second, it seems as though the third hand claw on the right arm is deliberately blunted, perhaps as a measure to protect it during shipping.

Second Acro has some issues, mainly with the right arm.  There are plastic bits hanging off the claws like the plastic stretched when being taken out of the mold.  If I didn't already have one, it wouldn't be a huge deal, but since I do, this makes it the lesser figure, despite a paint flaw on the first.  And speaking of paint, the paint job on the second is darker and a little more subdued.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

postsaurischian

I can only agree. Mine cannot stand at all. I'm getting tired of REBOR's theropods :(.
The Acrocanthosaurus is beautifully sculpted, but the bad production once again spoils the fun!
All five 1:35 figures they have released so far have these issues.
I hope they stop producing bipedal animals, because they obviously just don't get the trick how to do it.

Takama

I said it once, i will say it again:

Permanent base!

Mod edit: Please avoid using all-caps.

tanystropheus

Perhaps, they should go the SEGA route and release a Y-shaped stand for their theropods...

http://dinotoyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/SegaTrex-1.jpg

Shadowknight1

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 25, 2015, 03:26:33 AM

I can only agree. Mine cannot stand at all. I'm getting tired of REBOR's theropods :(.
The Acrocanthosaurus is beautifully sculpted, but the bad production once again spoils the fun!
All five 1:35 figures they have released so far have these issues.
I hope they stop producing bipedal animals, because they obviously just don't get the trick how to do it.
Not even off the base?  Mine stands just fine.
Quote from: Takama on September 25, 2015, 03:40:45 AM
I said it once, i will say it again

PERMANENT BASE!
If they go to permanent bases, I will likely drop the line.  I am not a fan of permanent bases, never have been.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Standing issue again...emm try to put the corpse on it mouth, and it become "tripod" (the corpse is touching the ground when you set it inside the mouth if the acro stand without base right ?). Lol i just can imagine, mine isnt arrived yet

QuelQuelQuel

Could people with stability issues post pictures?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: