News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Dimorphodon Male and Female: "Punch" and "Judy"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 11:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Arul on January 01, 2016, 02:13:09 AM
Lol so they are puppets. I love the male dimorphodon maybe i will buy it, but first i have to know the size first

bit larger than the Safari i think. Dimorphodon had an adult body length of 1 metre (3.3 ft) long, with a 1.45 metre (4.6 ft) wingspan. 1/6 of an adult Dimorphodon is 6.5 inches long and 9" in wingspan.

Safari's is about 6 x 9".

Arul

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 01, 2016, 03:22:14 AM
Lol so they are puppets. I love the male dimorphodon maybe i will buy it, but first i have to know the size first

bit larger than the Safari i think. Dimorphodon had an adult body length of 1 metre (3.3 ft) long, with a 1.45 metre (4.6 ft) wingspan. 1/6 of an adult Dimorphodon is 6.5 inches long and 9" in wingspan.

Thanks Blade, the size is good for me cant wait to see them coming on my desk

tanystropheus

It seems that these are relatively small. I was under the impression that they would be similar in scale to the Sideshow Tupuxuara.

Arul

Yeah i will buy both if they are that small, they are a good set

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 03, 2016, 12:50:44 AM

It seems that these are relatively small. I was under the impression that they would be similar in scale to the Sideshow Tupuxuara.

I think if you have the Wild Safari version your pretty close. unless they are basing these on a larger than average specimen.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 03, 2016, 05:06:37 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on January 03, 2016, 12:50:44 AM

I think if you have the Wild Safari version your pretty close. unless they are basing these on a larger than average specimen.

Sounds good, even though the pictures gave the impression that they would be much larger... As much as I love my WS version, the REBOR version seems better in every possible way. Plus two unique poses!

Tim

These went up for preorder today at BBTS.  $30 each or $55 for the pair.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Tim on January 06, 2016, 03:09:53 AM
These went up for preorder today at BBTS.  $30 each or $55 for the pair.

Thanks Tim.  I'll get my order in! 

Shonisaurus

I just found surfing the internet there is a video of the pair of dimorphodon Rebor. Paso the following link:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUl9EI_EXAI

Viking Spawn

Thanks for sharing that!  Its like watching a movie trailer for an upcoming film you want to see really bad! 

Arul

I take that PUNCH  :)) really cool figure rebor getting better and better

tanystropheus

I love pterosaurs. Now I am really excited about their Quetzalcoatlus diorama!

Victoria's Cantina

I'm so on the fence about getting these! They do look fantastic, and they would fit just fine on my Rebor shelf, but the scale being different is sort of tugging at my OCD. Plus, it seems like they have many other sets coming that I might prefer over this one. Decisions...

Blade-of-the-Moon

They are neat..but I wish they been larger though for my uses. I'm sorta 50/50.

Silvanusaurus

I usually have no interest in pterosaur figures, but I'm actually quite tempted by Punch...

Viking Spawn

I understand why they choose what they did just for the mere shelf presence alone.  Sure, it was probably a hard choice on what would be ideal since there is actually no perfect choice to please every collector.  Like Jurassic Collectibles had said, it looks great alongside the other 1:35 scale.

Dobber

I'm pretty excited for these as well, but agree that the scale is just a little off-putting for me. I'll end up having these at 1/6, my 1/5 Deinonychus, and then the 1/4 Collect A Guidraco. All so close but still not quite right. I guess I can say the Guidraco is a particularly large specimen and the Dimorph's are a little small ;)

One other minor nitpick is I would have preferred some more color....at least for the male....than what they chose. There color schemes seem to stick to the same palette, and can be rather drab.

I too would love to see a Quetz, I'd also really like a Pteranodon. I think a cool display peice would be it launching itself into the air like these images. I think it would be unique and still save shelf space.

http://traheripteryx.deviantart.com/art/Month-of-the-Pteranodon-518429798
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pteranodon#/media/File%3AQuad_launch.jpg

Chris

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

reinier zwanink

I was expecting a bit more color to
But i reserved the set none the less
Still a cool set

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dobber on January 20, 2016, 11:52:07 AM
I'm pretty excited for these as well, but agree that the scale is just a little off-putting for me. I'll end up having these at 1/6, my 1/5 Deinonychus, and then the 1/4 Collect A Guidraco. All so close but still not quite right. I guess I can say the Guidraco is a particularly large specimen and the Dimorph's are a little small ;)

One other minor nitpick is I would have preferred some more color....at least for the male....than what they chose. There color schemes seem to stick to the same palette, and can be rather drab.

I too would love to see a Quetz, I'd also really like a Pteranodon. I think a cool display peice would be it launching itself into the air like these images. I think it would be unique and still save shelf space.

http://traheripteryx.deviantart.com/art/Month-of-the-Pteranodon-518429798
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pteranodon#/media/File%3AQuad_launch.jpg

Chris
I'd bet money that the Rebor Dimorphodons will be bigger than 1/6. Other Rebor figures seem to run a little large.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

At least there will be dimorphodons figures occupying more space on my shelves this year.

Anyway me more passionate about Safari and why it is cheaper. But that's just my assessment.

However the details of the figures are hyperrealistic.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: