You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Dead Triceratops: "The Fallen Queen"

Started by joossa, July 22, 2015, 04:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: alexeratops on February 03, 2016, 03:43:22 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on February 03, 2016, 02:56:18 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on February 02, 2016, 11:08:05 PM
Beautiful sculpt, but yet another herbivorous dinosaur shown like a completely defenseless sack of bone and blood...

Don't forget.....  King Trident is coming....  ;)

I feel dumb asking this (I need to get on here more often) but what genus will King Trident be?  :P

I don't get the point of mentioning it....it's a mosasaur right?

Victoria's Cantina

King Trident... he's that character from The Littler Mermaid, right?  :))

No, it's the male Triceratops.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Victoria B on February 03, 2016, 06:34:21 AM
King Trident... he's that character from The Littler Mermaid, right?  :))

No, it's the male Triceratops.

my thoughts exactly...what an odd choice.

Viking Spawn

empire3569

According to Rebor's facebook page, this piece is getting a "new paintjob more closely resembling Hazelnut and the upcoming King Trident". Looks to be darker blue in the original with more contrast between the dark and light shades of the model. Not different enough to warrant a second purchase, but hopefully this means we are closer to finally seeing some herbivores from them!

CityRaptor

Well, that just means mold-recycling. I doubt we will see all the herbivores they mentioned. It was probably just another of their impulsive reactions.
So King Trident is still not out yet?

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Not a positive sign when a company starts with repainting old figures, as far as I'm concerned. I'll keep my original version and will get "King Trident", doesn't matter if the colours won't match perfectly. They also promised that (at least) male Triceratops and Stegosaurus will happen this year, let's trust them.

CityRaptor

Think positive, now you have a base for your REBOR T.rex and the bootleg version.

But yeah, color difference between animals is acceptable. No need for them all to be the same color.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Victoria's Cantina

Honestly it upsets me a little since the new one looks better. Always felt Fallen Queen was a little dull compare to King T-Rex. I ain't spending more money on that setup though.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Victoria B on March 27, 2017, 03:15:22 PM
Honestly it upsets me a little since the new one looks better. Always felt Fallen Queen was a little dull compare to King T-Rex. I ain't spending more money on that setup though.

I honestly do not waste the time or money on buying a Rebor repainting. I agree with what I have, and what is said is a bad sign in the case of Rebor when they have to go repainted at the time of announcing news, although it is not the case of Papo or Schleich (although in the latter company does not share many Of their tastes as far as the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals are concerned) with all the respect of the world.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Reptilia on March 27, 2017, 01:44:41 PM
Not a positive sign when a company starts with repainting old figures, as far as I'm concerned. I'll keep my original version and will get "King Trident", doesn't matter if the colours won't match perfectly. They also promised that (at least) male Triceratops and Stegosaurus will happen this year, let's trust them.

It's a sign that the"King Trident" is on the horizon. I think REBOR is trying to keep the Triceratops set on parity. Honestly, I don't see much of a difference between v2 and v1, even with the enhanced skin textures. It's probably meant for folks that never had the chance to purchase it.

empire3569

Quote from: Reptilia on March 27, 2017, 01:44:41 PM

I too am hoping they stay true to their word and release the Stego and Trike this year. The only REBOR figures I want still are: adult Stego, Ankylosaurus, Carnotaurus, and hopefully a true 1:35 scale sauropod if they ever do one.

Reptilia

Quote from: Victoria B on March 27, 2017, 03:15:22 PM

Totally agree. If they wanted to revisit some of their earlier models I think the famous "winter version" of the Yutyrannus, or even a Utahraptor with resculpted wings, would have had much more sense. Repaints are so boring, and most of the times they're no upgrade at all.

Acro's comics

Rebor products are far to expensive to warrant a 'repainted model'. If it was a different mould/pose and had a drastically different colouring than perhaps it was tempt me, but this just seems like a shameless ploy. :(

empire3569

Quote from: Acrofans Dinorama on March 29, 2017, 06:07:05 PM
Rebor products are far to expensive to warrant a 'repainted model'. If it was a different mould/pose and had a drastically different colouring than perhaps it was tempt me, but this just seems like a shameless ploy. :(

I don't think this is a shameless ploy, but rather a moment of poor planning on Rebor's part. To me, they have always seemed like a very shortsighted, "fly by the seat of your pants" company. I think the problem was that they released the Fallen Queen to early (or King Trident too late) probably due to complaints of the crappy rock for the King T-Rex to stand on. When they released the Fallen Queen, I'm sure they hadn't had any development plans for the male Trike and probably weren't even thinking about it. Now that it is one of their (hopefully) upcoming releases, they put more thought into it and realized they wanted it different than the original female release, so now they have to correct that mistake. I think they need to look forward with future multi-part dioramas to prevent something like this from happening in the future

Everything_Dinosaur

The new, repainted version of the Rebor Triceratops horridus will be in stock at Everything Dinosaur next week (from Monday 15th or thereabouts).

To reserve your version 2 replica: Contact Everything Dinosaur

Everything_Dinosaur

Version 2, the repainted "Fallen Queen" Triceratops horridus is now in stock at Everything Dinosaur.  You can find it here: Repainted version 2 "Fallen Queen"

kreativtek

I understand that this question might have been asked several times already but I have just purchased the King T-Rex and Fallen Queen pair from Everything Dinosaur and started reading about possible issues with the T-Rex standing steadily on the Queen's back. I stumbled upon a few cases of the T-Rex falling down and since my book stand is quite wobbly, I am afraid of the risk.

Do you guys have any proven methods of making the two work? Plasters, glue or tape perhaps? I will put the diorama on a shelf for display purposes only and I wouldn't want any adhesive to be visible on the model.

Reptilia

Try to glue them together, if you don't mind having the diorama as a one piece permanently. That must be the best way to avoid any standing issue. For what it's worth, I owned the pair for about a year and never experienced any problem.

kreativtek

Quote from: Reptilia on May 13, 2018, 01:04:34 AM
Try to glue them together, if you don't mind having the diorama as a one piece permanently. That must be the best way to avoid any standing issue. For what it's worth, I owned the pair for about a year and never experienced any problem.

Thanks, Reptilia! I am considering adhesive putty, as advised by some experience model makers I talked to. A thin layer should be enough to connect the dinosaurs but not in a permanent and irreversible way.

Out of curiosity, why did you get rid of these models?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: