You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Dead Triceratops: "The Fallen Queen"

Started by joossa, July 22, 2015, 04:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Felt like they didn't fit my collection anymore. And I was tired of waiting for "King Trident" to complete the diorama too.

suspsy

Rebor has now admitted that they're not releasing King Trident because they're lazy and think ceratopsians are boring:

https://www.facebook.com/555146104612402/posts/3195930780533908/?extid=0&d=n

Because all those Jurassic Park T. rex knockoffs are the pinnacle of excitement, apparently. And I say that as a T. rex lover.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Wasted opportunity. In words REBOR should understand: Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops are classic rivals.  Mighty Beasts locked in combat! People who will buy their Tyrannosaurus would probably look at their Trike and think "That would look awesome next to my T-Rex!".

Although I think they had that dismissive attitude towards herbivores before. Apparently for them herbivores are just prey and glorified stands...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

PumperKrickel

I thought it was rather obvious they weren´t entirely serious. If they actually thought Trikes are boring, they wouldn´t have planned to release a whole family of them. They didn´t say it´s cancelled and until they do, I still expect them to eventually release it.

Carnoking

Quote from: PumperKrickel on October 11, 2020, 03:31:07 AM
I thought it was rather obvious they weren´t entirely serious. If they actually thought Trikes are boring, they wouldn´t have planned to release a whole family of them. They didn´t say it´s cancelled and until they do, I still expect them to eventually release it.

Agreed.

I will say though, if this is giving anyone a reason to part with their King Rex and Fallen Queen models, I'd be willing to take them off your hands.  ;)

Ikessauro

It might be a joke, I get it. But it's one in very poor taste. Rebor items always go down on my want list each time some they make a rude remark online. I can't understand how a company like them does that and people keep buying their items and following them. They act like unneduacted unreasonable unpolite 12 year olds sometimes.

I like their products, but at the same time I feel bad having them each time they say something like that "FEather Nazi" comment they made. I swear, if Rebor went out of business I wouldn't be sad a bit. Sure, the products are good, but with so many companies on the market now making models of the same level, I wouldn't lose any sleep over them.

Shonisaurus

I think that Rebor should make a triceratops that would bring many economic benefits to his brand. That I would like a scientific triceratops ... although I would not dislike one based on JP / JW.

Please Rebor make a triceratops!

suspsy

If they're really being sarcastic or think that they're playing a prank, it's not the least bit funny or witty. It's just straight up lame.

And yes, it's even lamer how Rebor decided to take a cool thing like getting one of their products featured in a major magazine and turn it into a petty attack against their perceived "enemies."
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

I think it's always best just to ignore Rebor on social media and judge whatever they produce on its own merits, as and when models appear.  That way you avoid the long wait and uncertainty from when things are announced until when/if they actually come out; and you also avoid their unusual style of communication.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.