News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2022, 05:55:34 AM
Grumpy and Sleestak from Land of the Lost, sculpted by Joe Laudati built/painted by myself

Excellent paint work. I love the look of those old-style "retrosaurs"!
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ostafrikasaurus on April 20, 2022, 08:00:54 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2022, 05:55:34 AM
Grumpy and Sleestak from Land of the Lost, sculpted by Joe Laudati built/painted by myself

Excellent paint work. I love the look of those old-style "retrosaurs"!

Thank you! same here!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Papi-Anon

Nice! Which Goji are you modeling it off of? Or is this your own spin on everyone's favorite King of the Monsters?
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Papi-Anon on April 27, 2022, 04:22:26 AM
Nice! Which Goji are you modeling it off of? Or is this your own spin on everyone's favorite King of the Monsters?

My initial plan was to use 1954 as the reference, but though I see it , that film wasn't the one I watched the most as a kid. I saw a lot of the kid friendly films, then I had the Imperial toys I played with in the pool and the Trendmasters toys..didn't get many Bandai because they were rare and expensive back then even. I read the Dark Horse comics which mainly used the 90's version.  As a result of all this my mental image of Godzilla is a shape shifting mess lol  So I'm using references from multiple sources and pulling bits and pieces from my memory as well.  I can't say I'm copying exactly but then again I can't deny it.. lol  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

A couple paint updates for Kentrosaurus and Carnotaurus !

Darko2300

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2022, 05:55:34 AMGrumpy and Sleestak from Land of the Lost, sculpted by Joe Laudati built/painted by myself

Is it wrong that I just want a 1990's version even more now? This looks great!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Darko2300 on May 16, 2022, 02:14:27 PMIs it wrong that I just want a 1990's version even more now? This looks great!

lol nope.  I'm pretty sure Joe does commission work? I don't know if I could swing hiring him for a kit of Scarface myself but maybe a group purchase?

Shonisaurus

Both the kentrosaurus and the carnotaurus are great but in my case I like the kentrosaurus much more, do you know how tall that figure is? She is very pretty.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 17, 2022, 08:48:12 AMBoth the kentrosaurus and the carnotaurus are great but in my case I like the kentrosaurus much more, do you know how tall that figure is? She is very pretty.

Thanks!  The Carno was a JP/Kenner tribute to "Demon".  Kentrosaurus is about 6' tall to the highest spike around the hip area.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The King of the Monsters.. paint is done.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

1 of 2 Baby Triceratops completed for the Park

Blade-of-the-Moon

ceratopsian

They are charming!  Wish I could have a pair in the wilder section of my garden!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 11, 2022, 10:10:39 AMThey are charming!  Wish I could have a pair in the wilder section of my garden!

Thank you ! I've been tempted to call them Double Trouble, but not sure I want them referenced as the DT's.. lol  I'll have pics of them in place soon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Baby Triceratops installed :

Baby Trex installed :

ceratopsian

The baby Triceratops make a fine display with the adult.  Very effective indeed.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 20, 2022, 11:41:36 AMThe baby Triceratops make a fine display with the adult.  Very effective indeed.

Thank you!  The goal here was to show both T.rex and Triceratops in their juvenile forms and how they grow from one to the other.  In addition to that we tend to just view tyrannosaurus as a killer and triceratops as food adding the young in there makes you think they were just trying to survive and do what they had to do to do so.  At least I hope some get that.

ceratopsian

I think that the juxtaposition of young and adult conveys your intentions very well without being too overtly didactic.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: