News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

OK, here we go, I've corrected the names and number order, added the benches. Yeah, there were two Styracosaurus as well, I had it in both the old and new positions. I think the sequence is good now. I added the Mesozoic Arthropods, Geosternbergia, and the 2nd JP Dilophosaurus at the exit. Also included the block of numbers for the Terrors of the Deep, but I'll provide a separate itemised view of that area. I didn't include the other species you mention in the shop but I can if you like.

So, to date, you've created sculptures of a whopping 78 prehistoric species, plus a dragon, Guanlong and Pyroraptor.

I love hearing the reactions of visitors to the exhibits and exhibitions I've curated. It's heart warming and, sometimes, it can even get a bit dusty in those galleries, after you've spent months or even years working on something and it finally gets seen. :))

We have a photo-op area with a T. rex head that roars as you approach it, which always gets good reactions!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on February 28, 2023, 06:30:32 AMOK, here we go, I've corrected the names and number order, added the benches. Yeah, there were two Styracosaurus as well, I had it in both the old and new positions. I think the sequence is good now. I added the Mesozoic Arthropods, Geosternbergia, and the 2nd JP Dilophosaurus at the exit. Also included the block of numbers for the Terrors of the Deep, but I'll provide a separate itemised view of that area. I didn't include the other species you mention in the shop but I can if you like.

So, to date, you've created sculptures of a whopping 78 prehistoric species, plus a dragon, Guanlong and Pyroraptor.

I love hearing the reactions of visitors to the exhibits and exhibitions I've curated. It's heart warming and, sometimes, it can even get a bit dusty in those galleries, after you've spent months or even years working on something and it finally gets seen. :))

We have a photo-op area with a T. rex head that roars as you approach it, which always gets good reactions!

Fantastic! It looks good to me!

I'd say we are well on on the way to my goal of 100 species. Not that I'll stop there.. lol but that's been the goal since I started, something I never thought I'd really reach.

I love it! It just tickles you inside.  I'm working on a big Rex head photo op now..a speaker with triggered roar would be pretty epic to add!

I used to do pics with all of mine now it's more get them done and out move onto the next project. Here's a really old one or two :

DinoToyForum

You should continue taking light-hearted pictures like that with your creations, they're a lot of fun!

Here's the next iteration of the map. Key elements to note: I've added the Terrors of the Deep inset. I've redrawn the buildings and main structures in 3D. I've started to add 3D vegetation. I've added an icon key and included a new icon for ramps and inclines. I've started to indicate the park boundaries but I think I'll need your input to get that right. Let me know what you think and please flag any corrections.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on March 02, 2023, 02:18:43 PMYou should continue taking light-hearted pictures like that with your creations, they're a lot of fun!

Here's the next iteration of the map. Key elements to note: I've added the Terrors of the Deep inset. I've redrawn the buildings and main structures in 3D. I've started to add 3D vegetation. I've added an icon key and included a new icon for ramps and inclines. I've started to indicate the park boundaries but I think I'll need your input to get that right. Let me know what you think and please flag any corrections.

It's easier when you have help..I kinda hate "selfies" lol

You don't  want to know what he said...

I think it looks good. The only tiny thing I can find is the Guidraco are located beside the plesiosaurus, there is a cave wall separating them on that same side.  Really wish I had room for an elasmosaur in there..even Tanystropheus is probably going to have to be out in the woods though..

DinoToyForum

Thanks, I'll fix that in the next version. I'd like to illustrate the playground, do you have a more detailed plan of that?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on March 03, 2023, 11:02:05 AMThanks, I'll fix that in the next version. I'd like to illustrate the playground, do you have a more detailed plan of that?

Here we are.  From our sign there :  " Fort Challenger , named after Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's character from The Lost World, we invite you to explore and play in a prehistoric world just like his expedition did.  If you would like more information please check out the book at your local library! "

DinoToyForum

Great, thanks!

Another question, do you still have the 'electric fence' near the entrance?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on March 04, 2023, 12:46:37 AMGreat, thanks!

Yes i do :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 04, 2023, 04:18:00 AM
Quote from: DinoToyForum on March 04, 2023, 12:46:37 AMGreat, thanks!

Yes i do :)

I'll try to draw that in as well.

DinoToyForum

There are some cosmetic changes and minor additions in this version. I'm not sure about the trees because there will have to be so many of them! Maybe better to find a different approach to individual trees! Also, not sure about some colours for playground items. Also, not sure about the Terrors of the Deep - is it a building? Also, I think yo have some water features in the Park, shall I add those? Let me know what you think. Also, I'd be interested to hear what other DTF members have to say!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on March 05, 2023, 12:04:47 AMThere are some cosmetic changes and minor additions in this version. I'm not sure about the trees because there will have to be so many of them! Maybe better to find a different approach to individual trees! Also, not sure about some colours for playground items. Also, not sure about the Terrors of the Deep - is it a building? Also, I think yo have some water features in the Park, shall I add those? Let me know what you think. Also, I'd be interested to hear what other DTF members have to say!

Yeah the entire park is mainly in the woods.. I love that and I hate it. So many giant old trees are beautiful but when they die or fall..  I oft times think I should have removed anything bigger than 15'.  Maybe alter the background colors to resemble foliage/trees?  It's already green?

You've pretty much nailed the playground colors. The only things different is The cabin is a brown log cabin with a green roof and the climbing mountain/hill is mostly grey and stone like.

Terrors of the Deep is a fun explanation..it was a building. Now it's a series of walls and a no roof. According to code without a roof the building didn't need fire suppression systems so we avoided being forced to tear  the entire thing down by the officials.

There are three ponds with small waterfalls at the front of the park right near the Compies. Another pond the Suchomimus is on a rise above.  Another pond below the overlook building in front of the Carnotaurus the Caiuajara , there are three fishing out of the pond.   There is supposed to be be a waterfall outside of terrors of the deep it's still there, but I haven't been able to get power back to it yet.

More than happy to hear others ideas!

DinoToyForum

That explains my confusion. I've been watching videos of your park posted by visitors, to get a better idea of the layout and scale. In one video some people go into Terrors of the Deep to escape the rain and it's dark in there, but in another video the Terrors section seems bright and sunny. Now I know why!

Yeah, I think altering the background colours to resemble a forest canopy is the way to go.Then I could alter the colour texture for areas of turf or low vegetation, like around the apatosaurus. Something like this SeaWorld map:

I'll add the little ponds but won't include them in a key or anything.

DinoToyForum

What do you think of this kind of textured approach for the woods?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on March 05, 2023, 12:56:27 PMWhat do you think of this kind of textured approach for the woods?

Yes! That's what I was getting it, saves a lot of time adding and removing trees and looks good as well.

Sadly Terrors of the Deep was something I loved and had a great concept like the old Velociraptor Enclosure. Having to tear down one and edit the other so heavily really bothered me.  I had this great concept on a sign, your walking on a prehistoric beach and a storm comes up, so you run into a seaside cavern where you encounter all these animals. I had lightning effects, water lights, sounds and a couple of the creatures were animated as well.  It killed me to lose all that for static statues. I love build sets and environments.

DinoToyForum

I think the simplest approach for Terrors of the Deep is to just have the path outline.

So, we're pretty much done!? Here's the penultimate version for you to check. Shall I maybe add the road name? Do you want me to also add all the fences?

Once approved I'll send you the final version with the watermark removed. This version is in colour for web or colour print, but I can also convert the map into a black and white line version if you'd prefer that for home printing.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on March 05, 2023, 05:16:38 PMI think the simplest approach for Terrors of the Deep is to just have the path outline.

So, we're pretty much done!? Here's the penultimate version for you to check. Shall I maybe add the road name? Do you want me to also add all the fences?

Once approved I'll send you the final version with the watermark removed. This version is in colour for web or colour print, but I can also convert the map into a black and white line version if you'd prefer that for home printing.

Agreed.

We can add the main road, it's Walnut Grove Road   would love to get it changed to Dino Park Road lol not much chance of that sadly.

There area  lot of fences but they are sporadic and  I don't think it would mean much.

DinoToyForum

OK, so I think it is finished!

Below is an image file with the watermark removed, but I've also prepared a PDF for you, which allows you to zoom in without losing resolution: https://dinotoyblog.com/dinopark/dinosaurpark_map.pdf

I'm happy to continue tinkering with it as the park changes and grows, or if corrections are needed.

edu

Really nice seeing you two working together. I had to say it!

The map gives you a sense of what a huge work you've done, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, what a splendid place you've built. It's two far from home, but my two girls would love it!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: edu on March 07, 2023, 02:32:03 PMReally nice seeing you two working together. I had to say it!

The map gives you a sense of what a huge work you've done, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, what a splendid place you've built. It's two far from home, but my two girls would love it!

I knew the Dinosaur Park was large but I didn't comprehend the layout and true scale until I started working on this map.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome!! Thank you!

It's been a lot of work..well it continues to be for one person lol  There are times I never get to certain areas for weeks because I'm working in one area.

I'm in the process of selling off our haunted attraction props and animations and the ones from our one time only exhibit Monsters,Myths,and Legends.  Once it's all gone, I may be able to do a museum for the park or something in it?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: