News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Number of WWD Ornithocheirus Models

Started by Wellnhoferia, August 24, 2015, 12:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Awesome! Hard work pays off! How nervous were you someone else would notice it or was it a Buy-It-Now? If it was a BIN, did you break your keyboard pounding the ENTER button?

Invicta Hunter

It was a buy it now and yes my keyboard did suffer lol.
I was anxious even when it was in the post thinking it might get lost or something.
Im so happy to finally tick this one off the list.

Chad

I can imagine! That's the find of the year, maybe the decade, so a big congratulations.

The answer now to the thread is 2. There are 2 known WWD Ornithocheirus figues known.

sauroid

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on October 19, 2015, 06:47:08 PM
Quote from: Chad on October 19, 2015, 06:39:52 PM
Come on, man, give us the story!

And welcome to the WWD Ornithocheirus Club. I was getting lonely.  ;)

Lol thanks mate.
I was looking around on ebay and i found it in a dino lot.
I got the Ornithocheirus plus some other figures for £26 including postage.
Today I am one VERY happy man.  ;D
what are the others in the lot? congrats btw.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Congrats for your spectacular acquisition  :))

Roselaar

Oh, you lucky fellow! This'll teach me to watch eBay lots more often. :) Oh well, here's to another deacde of waiting for the next one to pop up...

You didn't happen to inquire the seller where he got it, did you?

Edited for profanity - Admin

sauroid

i guess he didnt want to alert the seller about the value of the Ornithocheirus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Invicta Hunter

Quotewhat are the others in the lot? congrats btw.
Thanks, the others were just normal toys but there was a WWD Troodon so I kept that.

QuoteCongrats for your spectacular acquisition  :))
Thanks  :)

QuoteOh, you lucky bastard! This'll teach me to watch eBay lots more often. :) Oh well, here's to another deacde of waiting for the next one to pop up...

You didn't happen to inquire the seller where he got it, did you?
Quotei guess he didnt want to alert the seller about the value of the Ornithocheirus.
I never asked, I didn't want to hint to the seller that the figure had some value to it.

UK

Well done t both Chad and Jim on their figures. Now I have some chinosaurs sat here ready for a trade :-)

UK

Race is on between you two to do the blog review and Jim your avatar might change too?

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: UK on October 19, 2015, 11:26:41 PM
Race is on between you two to do the blog review and Jim your avatar might change too?

It's pretty tempting to use it as my avatar but I think i'll always use an Invicta figure.
It's more in keeping with my name.

Georassic

WOW! Congratulations! The holy grail!! What a find!

DinoToyForum

Jealous! I wonder, would you consider reviewing it for the Dinosaur Toy Blog? It's the only WWD Toyway figure we haven't reviewed yet, and it would make a fascinating story. I, for one, would love to see photos from different angles.

Simon

Congratulations - your story mirrors mine - I got mine on ebay.uk 10 years ago in much the same way. 

2 years ago I passed it on to Chad, who I trust is enjoying it.  Keep it safe - most of the PVC dinos are interchageable, but the WWD Ornithocairus is an investment that will only get more valuable.  If your seller knew what he had on his hands he could have asked - and got - 20X the amount you paid for it!

Simon

Dr Admin - Your wish is my command - here you go:   ;)

CityRaptor

Ah great, now I again have that desire to get one. Oh well, I guess I'll settle for the CollectA one. ( Last time I had that desire, I got the Safari Pterosaur )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

* sighs* want...

So now there is a new mystery to it. What book, and what's on page 158? This is like the Dino Vinci Code!

Simon

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 29, 2016, 09:01:11 PM
Ah great, now I again have that desire to get one. Oh well, I guess I'll settle for the CollectA one. ( Last time I had that desire, I got the Safari Pterosaur )

Lucky for me I have Malcolm's (Dinonikes) Ornithocairus, which is larger but otherwise almost identical in pose ....

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Roselaar on November 29, 2016, 09:06:12 PM
* sighs* want...

So now there is a new mystery to it. What book, and what's on page 158? This is like the Dino Vinci Code!

I was thinking the same! On page 158 will be the next clue to that fabled warehouse full of these things.

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 29, 2016, 08:07:47 PM
Jealous! I wonder, would you consider reviewing it for the Dinosaur Toy Blog? It's the only WWD Toyway figure we haven't reviewed yet, and it would make a fascinating story. I, for one, would love to see photos from different angles.

That isn't entirely true--there are also the BABY dinos figures  ;)

I think someone here has them.

And also the 4 official Quick giveaway sets (Liopleurodon, T.rex, baby Diplodocus and Rhamphorhynchus. All with fake fossils). This one is only slightly less common than the Ornithocheirus.

I don't have time to post their photos, but the link to my photos is here: https://goo.gl/photos/R6QiBxdAtR7Pb5bt9

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: