News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat Terra Line, Repaints and new sculpts

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, September 20, 2015, 02:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

I also don't have the funds right now, but I'd be interested in one of each repaint, except the first four releases which I already have (Pachy, Nanshi, Dacentrurus and Cryolopho).

Do you think you can find a way to ship the boxes and diorama backgrounds folded like this? With some patience it is possible to fold it without damaging the box. You can place them stacked at the bottom of the shipping box and place the figures all on top just wraped in some other protective material.
Just did it with the Cryolophosaurus box.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 20, 2015, 09:14:55 AM
I have the instinctive feeling that removing the boxes would allow a much smaller package, that would require less...artistic packing and enshrouding, which would lower the weight and in my own thought reduce the cost.While it is a guess, I think it a highly likely one that removing the boxes would be far more cost effective. Would you like to have the data cards removed from the back of each to keep? That or perhaps the terrain looking box bottoms ?
Yes, that sounds good. Affirmative for both. How much will that be in total for the Acro?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 20, 2015, 11:59:28 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 20, 2015, 09:14:55 AM
I have the instinctive feeling that removing the boxes would allow a much smaller package, that would require less...artistic packing and enshrouding, which would lower the weight and in my own thought reduce the cost.While it is a guess, I think it a highly likely one that removing the boxes would be far more cost effective. Would you like to have the data cards removed from the back of each to keep? That or perhaps the terrain looking box bottoms ?
Yes, that sounds good. Affirmative for both. How much will that be in total for the Acro?
I will not know much about shipping till I can get to a post office, but the acro itself cost the same price as the rex...retail is 9.99 so I asked 11.00 for them.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

@ Ikesssauro...I have no issue with attempting to fold them all down like you demonstrated if thats what you want, should make the order easier to send .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jetoar

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 21, 2015, 01:25:13 AM
@ Ikesssauro...I have no issue with attempting to fold them all down like you demonstrated if thats what you want, should make the order easier to send .

I think the same that Ikkesauro, it is better for costumer as us than live far  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 01:04:56 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 20, 2015, 12:01:30 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 12:00:19 PM
How much would the shipping to Spain? depend on I will be intersting
Well Jet, did you mean for all of them or just a set or ..what ones?

I am interested in all but now I could only buy on of the Acrocanthosaurus or T-rex and depends on the shipping cost.
I had them verify the price to ship the heavier of the two, the Tyrannosaurus, although not by much. The price for shipping to Spain was 19.90 for the dinosaur.Given I am asking 11.00 for either piece, the total would be 31.00 basically .

amargasaurus cazaui

Going to bump this post once to make sure all who were interested got what they needed...I shipped about 20 of these guys to people needing them, but if everyone is happy now, not going to pursue getting more or posting on it further.
Remaining thus far are roughly six acros, a rex, 4 ceratosaurus and multiples of the cryo, pachy and dacentru. I can get more if there is interest but not going to waste my time or money if everyone got what they needed.

Jetoar

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 22, 2015, 03:11:30 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 01:04:56 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 20, 2015, 12:01:30 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on September 20, 2015, 12:00:19 PM
How much would the shipping to Spain? depend on I will be intersting
Well Jet, did you mean for all of them or just a set or ..what ones?

I am interested in all but now I could only buy on of the Acrocanthosaurus or T-rex and depends on the shipping cost.
I had them verify the price to ship the heavier of the two, the Tyrannosaurus, although not by much. The price for shipping to Spain was 19.90 for the dinosaur.Given I am asking 11.00 for either piece, the total would be 31.00 basically .

Thanks Amargasaurus for asking shipping cost  ;), but now I pass because it is expensive and now I am saving money.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

amargasaurus cazaui

For the few still asking, yes I have at least a few entire sets and plenty of extras of the repaints, as well as duplicates of the orginal four, except the Nashungiosaurus, which appears to have vanished from stores completely.
   Still here to help anyone needing these....prices are a dollar over retail per item
Acro and T rex cost 9.99  store....I ask 11.00
Most of the others are  5.99 store and I ask 7.00
If noone else needs them that is fine, I will keep the duplicates for trade downroad or to have repaints done etc.

Ikessauro

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 16, 2015, 02:56:05 AM
For the few still asking, yes I have at least a few entire sets and plenty of extras of the repaints, as well as duplicates of the orginal four, except the Nashungiosaurus, which appears to have vanished from stores completely.
   Still here to help anyone needing these....prices are a dollar over retail per item
If noone else needs them that is fine, I will keep the duplicates for trade downroad or to have repaints done etc.

Can you reserve the repaints for me? One of each. I don't have the funds to pay for them imediatelly, but I'll in a couple weeks.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 16, 2015, 11:39:39 PM

Can you reserve the repaints for me? One of each. I don't have the funds to pay for them imediatelly, but I'll in a couple weeks.
I have enough I dont think it will be an issue .....amargasaurus and carnotaurus and t -rex seem to be the ones a bit tougher to find.....incidentally I am still in the market for a Salvat psittacosaurus.....

Ikessauro

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 17, 2015, 07:59:45 AM
Quote from: Ikessauro on October 16, 2015, 11:39:39 PM

I have enough I dont think it will be an issue .....amargasaurus and carnotaurus and t -rex seem to be the ones a bit tougher to find.....incidentally I am still in the market for a Salvat psittacosaurus.....

I do still do have a pair of extra Salvat Psittacosaurus (they came in pairs) if you're interested in trading. Send me a PM and we can work something out.

amargasaurus cazaui

I havent gone out actively searching in a month for new figures, but my mother finds the occassional one to bring me. She has reported in the four Target stores she has within her range, there are no repaint Battats on the shelves and the managers at the stores are telling her, sorry, nothing new coming till November. I am unsure if this means they are doing a large restock then or it means expect a new grouping of repaints then...but it feels to me like they are letting stock deplete of the current models and then intend to release a new grouping directly prior to christmas. Time will tell...I can confirm that from the original four new sculpts, the Nashung appears to be the most scarce, having entirely vanished at store shelves. The most common by far is the Pachy, with most stores having a few at least still on hand. In the repaint grouping, as far as what I obtained vs let go, I ran out of Tyrannosaurus far before the others. All of the smaller ones seemed less common amargasaurus, ceratosaurus and carnotaurus. The acro appears to me to be the most plentiful and easy to get. I ended up as far as duplicates with nothing remaining for amargasaurus, and tyrannosaurus. I still have a nice batch of ceratosaurus and acros and maybe one or two carnos. Just my conclusions from absorbing something like 70 of these and dispersing them out over like nine countries over the past few months.

PaleoMatt

amargasaurus cazaui

For those who will be asking, yes I will get these as I can, so far nothing sighted. I have no information yet what prices will be, but I am likely to go with an upcharge of 1.50 per figure. I did 1.00 charge last time, but when you figure the cost of tax, and then paypal fees I found I was actually likely losing a little per figure doing it that way.(gas, taxes, fees, wrapping and shipping materials, etc, trust me it adds up fast)
So far I am aware of the Euoploccephalus and Stegosaurus, with more likely out there.

smashtoad

FYI for anyone concerned...I saw a bunch of these at the Target in Plainfield Indiana last night.  Lots of TRexs and Spinos, maybe 3 Amargas, 1 Styraco, 1 Cerato...I don't remember any others...but think there were a couple more.

Sim

Quote from: smashtoad on January 06, 2016, 02:26:28 PM
FYI for anyone concerned...I saw a bunch of these at the Target in Plainfield Indiana last night.  Lots of TRexs and Spinos, maybe 3 Amargas, 1 Styraco, 1 Cerato...I don't remember any others...but think there were a couple more.

By Spinos and Styraco are you referring to the Acrocanthosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus respectively?

smashtoad

Ha...second time in two days I've done that.  The Pachy...yes.  But not the Amarga..they were listed in my original post.  I believe they were spinosaurus.  Could have been Baryonyx I suppose...I didn't look that close.

Sim

As far as we know, Battat hasn't made a Spinosaurus or a Baryonyx or any spinosaurid for that matter.  A Baryonyx from Battat would be so great!  I'm guessing you're referring to the Acrocanthosaurus, which in my previous post you seem to have misread as Amargasaurus?: http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/08/07/acrocanthosaurus-terra-series-by-battat/

amargasaurus cazaui

So far the trio of new figures has not made it into my area, watching for them. I do have a decent set up of the four new sculpts, minus only the Nashung, which all but vanished. I have on hand a decent amount of the first five repaints, except rex, which I only have a few of....it just seems to sell more rapidly and I seldom find them for sale.
   I will post here again when I acquire the new group being offered.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: