News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich 2016 speculation

Started by Takama, September 20, 2015, 07:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

There's a list here, not sure if it's complete:

http://modellpferdeforum.de/index.php/Thread/26023-Liste-der-Schleich-Neuheiten-2016/?postID=1540554#post1540554

The Dunkleosteus is actually not the worst thing I've ever seen (though the Safari and Favorite versions are still far superior). Dunkleosteus is becoming the Dimetrodon of prehistoric fish.

I can't think of a charitable way to describe the Dimetrodon.

Based on the feet, item 14576 looks like maybe it's meant to be Herrerasaurus? Which we need more of (CollectA's version is pretty bad, and the Dawn of the Dinosaurs version is rare and expensive). This one falls squarely between those two in quality.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 10, 2015, 06:22:16 PM
Wow. I thought I'd get the dunkleosteus at first but it looks like someone stuck a fossil cast on the front of its body.
It does look like that. Is it my imagination, or does it have no eye tissue? It looks like nothing but sclerotic ring.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

Schleich tried to copy Papo's Dimetrodon but failed miserably. the proportion is just awful.
and what is that bipedal grey creature supposed to be? an Eotyrannus, Smok, Herrerasaurus?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

As I said the figures are nothing to brag about.

Moreover, the Dilophosaurus Schleich vaguely reminds me (as regards the wrong way to make figures of theropods), the Dilophosaurus standard version of Collecta (no other) and the red crest of Bullyland.

As for dimorphodon and cordially saichaina ... I am not convinced from my point of view are very poorly made.

Moreover between the ichythiosaurus Schleich miniatures and mosasaurus? or tylosaurus? give a lot to be desired, other figures sold and reissued puzzle. The same goes with the suchimimus? and kentrosaurus (which detract from their version of Schleich dinosaurs).

On the other hand I can not identify the dinosaur they have done (it may be a Herrerasaurus? Yet we have no information about the figure on the link.

The dimetrodon is merely a bad copy of Papo and as discussed. The dunkleosteus is the only one who is saved and yes, it is better to Wild Safari.

tyrantqueen

Another pass this year from me :-\ The Dilophosaurus and Dimetrodon are obvious Papo wannabes.

PaleoMatt

I was expecting a lot more from schleich *sigh* will be picking up the dunkleosteus though, I'm really hoping theres alot more to expect

DinoToyForum

Topic locked. Time for a 'Schleich - New for 2016' thread with images, if anyone wished to do the honours?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.