News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Takamas Question Thread

Started by Takama, September 27, 2015, 02:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Takama on October 04, 2015, 06:07:03 PM
I think im settled with Sue Mating with the Type Specimen of Tyrannosaurus. Though It would be great if i can give the type specimen a name. Any ideas?
Barnum Brown perhaps ^-^.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Takama

Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 04, 2015, 09:23:49 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 04, 2015, 06:07:03 PM
I think im settled with Sue Mating with the Type Specimen of Tyrannosaurus. Though It would be great if i can give the type specimen a name. Any ideas?
Barnum Brown perhaps ^-^.

Mr Brown, going to town on Sue

Ok.  That's to much for this forum.       But when and if this model comes into existence, would I be aloud to show it here on the forum?  Keep in mind that every detail. Will be caght in action.

Takama

I think i will just change my plans, Instead of Sue and The Type Specimen. I Will do Stan and the Black Beauty. is black beauty considered a male or female T.Rex?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Takama on October 06, 2015, 12:16:48 AM
I think i will just change my plans, Instead of Sue and The Type Specimen. I Will do Stan and the Black Beauty. is black beauty considered a male or female T.Rex?
The only Tyrannosaurus individual known specifically to have been a female is MOR 1125, and no Tyrannosaurus specimen is definitively known to have been a male.

Takama

Thank you for your help on the Mating Tyrannosaurus.    I think i will just stick with Sue and Mr Brown.

Another idea in the works is a Ichthyovenator Getting stung by a giant stingray.

I got inspired by the Deinosuchus And Parasurolophus Diorama from Sideshow.

The Stingray is not a particular species, just a really big fresh water species like the ones caught in Thailand.

Any thoughts?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Takama on October 06, 2015, 04:16:58 AM
Thank you for your help on the Mating Tyrannosaurus.    I think i will just stick with Sue and Mr Brown.
No problem :).

Quote from: Takama on October 06, 2015, 04:16:58 AM
Another idea in the works is a Ichthyovenator Getting stung by a giant stingray.

I got inspired by the Deinosuchus And Parasurolophus Diorama from Sideshow.

The Stingray is not a particular species, just a really big fresh water species like the ones caught in Thailand.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like a really cool model :).

Patrx

Quote from: Takama on October 04, 2015, 04:30:25 AMI plan on Feathering All of our Tyrannosaurs, Just how much is a Question i have on my mind,    I will not make it as severely under featherd as the Rebor Yutyrannus, or as Over the top as the CollectA model. I was thinking of something like this

I think that's a good move, it's certainly a nice model - but I think it would also be interesting to include some feathers on the tyrannosaurs' faces, as in this marvelous rendition by Adrian Wimmer:

Takama

I was thinking of Giving more feathers to some species then others.   I have a Nanuqsaurus planned to be covered fully in feathers.

Im not sure if i want to add feathers to the heads of all tyrannosaurids

Takama

Ok My next model i will comission will be a Bird

A Confuciusornis on the ground, like the individual in this image.

Can anyone tell me how long those tail feathers are?   I got the length of the bid itself, but it excludes the feathers.

Halichoeres

The total length is around 75 cm, and it's described as "pigeon-sized," and pigeons are 30-35 cm not including their shortish tails, so I'd say about 40 cm, give or take.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Also, I will have it posed like that on the ground. So to give it a reason to be on the ground. What kind of animal should i have it eat, or chase?   

Kovu

A large cockroach? Like a prehistoric version of one of those hissing ones? The Confuciusornis could be pecking at the bug and it's just hunkering down for the time being.

Dinoguy2

The tail feathers are about half the total length, but the proportions vary by specimen and species. From the Field Guide to Mesozoic Birds entry on C. sanctus:
Size: Wingspan 63cm (2ft); Body length 25cm (10in); Total length (including tail feathers) 50cm (1.6ft)
http://www.amazon.com/Field-Guide-Mesozoic-Winged-Dinosaurs/dp/0988596504

So the tail feathers were up to 25cm. I think even smaller individuals still have 20-25cm tail feathers and just have smaller body lengths, making the feathers proportionally longer but not absolutely longer.

Quote from: Takama on October 16, 2015, 03:08:48 AM
Also, I will have it posed like that on the ground. So to give it a reason to be on the ground. What kind of animal should i have it eat, or chase?

The only stomach contents we have for Confuciusornis are small fish bones in a couple of specimens, but it's weird that we have so many specimens and so few stomach contents. That implies they were eating mainly soft bodied stuff, like land or aquatic invertebrates and/or plants. I might even show it pulling a nice juicy worm out of some soft lakeside mud.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Takama

Ok i changed the name of the thread to account for all Questions i have for both the Animasaurus Collection, and a One of a Kind Collection of models that i will be collecting

TO cut to the chase,    Is this Plausible pose for a T.Rex?

LophoLeeVT

it is okay though it doesnt have the long line of bones across its back and its tail is pointing too high.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Sim

Quote from: Takama on November 10, 2015, 03:58:08 AM

After looking at several photos of Tyrannosaurus skeletons in museums, Scott Hartman's Tyrannosaurus skeletals, and this picture by Scott Hartman, I think that pose is plausible for a Tyrannosaurus.  I haven't found any reason why it wouldn't be a possible pose.

Quote from: raptor64870 on November 10, 2015, 04:06:26 AM
it is okay though it doesnt have the long line of bones across its back and its tail is pointing too high.

I don't see bones missing on that skeleton's back.  What bones are you referring to?

Takama

Quote from: Sim on November 12, 2015, 06:21:05 PM
Quote from: Takama on November 10, 2015, 03:58:08 AM

After looking at several photos of Tyrannosaurus skeletons in museums, Scott Hartman's Tyrannosaurus skeletals, and this picture by Scott Hartman, I think that pose is plausible for a Tyrannosaurus.  I haven't found any reason why it wouldn't be a possible pose.

Quote from: raptor64870 on November 10, 2015, 04:06:26 AM

I don't see bones missing on that skeleton's back.  What bones are you referring to?

awsome :), now All i need to know is if all Tyrannosaurs can achieve this pose , or can only Gracile morphs do it?

LophoLeeVT

oh i meant the bones that hold the intastines  at the stomach like birds i saw a pic with one of these bones
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Sim

Quote from: raptor64870 on November 15, 2015, 12:39:36 PM
oh i meant the bones that hold the intastines  at the stomach like birds i saw a pic with one of these bones

That would be at the stomach area, not the back!  Yes, there are bony bits missing in that area in that photo. I think they are the sternum, the sternal ribs and the gastralia.  I'm not an expert though, so if I'm not entirely correct let me know!  I don't think their absence affects the pose of the skeleton in that photo.

Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2015, 07:11:33 AM
awsome :), now All i need to know is if all Tyrannosaurs can achieve this pose , or can only Gracile morphs do it?

I haven't found any reason why any tyrannosauroid wouldn't be able to achieve that pose.

HD-man

Quote from: Takama on October 06, 2015, 12:16:48 AMI think i will just change my plans, Instead of Sue and The Type Specimen. I Will do Stan and the Black Beauty. is black beauty considered a male or female T.Rex?

Probably male ( https://books.google.com/books?id=5WH9RnfKco4C&pg=PA122&dq=%22back+beauty+1210%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAGoVChMIjKb7h5iWyQIVAmweCh2Zqgdj#v=onepage&q=%22back%20beauty%201210%22&f=false ).

BTW, have you decided how much to feather your tyrannosaurids?
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: