News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Horridus Collection [New Favorite soft models]

Started by Horridus, March 13, 2012, 07:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

What would compel you to commit such a sin?  :o I would have totally paid you money for that Tyrannosaurs given the chance...intact of course.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Gwangi on August 10, 2012, 10:27:52 PM
What would compel you to commit such a sin?  :o I would have totally paid you money for that Tyrannosaurs given the chance...intact of course.
Well, I had hoped to have taken it off his hands at one point, so imagine how I feel.  ;)

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: Himmapaan on August 11, 2012, 08:24:13 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 10, 2012, 10:27:52 PM
Well, I had hoped to have taken it off his hands at one point, so imagine how I feel.  ;)

In that case he could have just given it away, now I'm very perplexed. What is the motivation behind butchering a highly sought after toy and posting a picture of it on a toy collecting site? I realize it is just a toy but inquiring minds want to know!  ???

Horridus

Quote from: Gwangi on August 11, 2012, 03:24:49 PM
In that case he could have just given it away, now I'm very perplexed. What is the motivation behind butchering a highly sought after toy and posting a picture of it on a toy collecting site? I realize it is just a toy but inquiring minds want to know!  ???
I've tried to flog it on here before with no success. I wouldn't say it's a 'highly sought after toy' - if it were, I wouldn't have two of the blighters (my budget for figure buying is very limited!). It's common as muck on eBay, and regularly sells for small change - or at least, the broken ones do (and this one was broken). The problem with getting rid of the thing is that, because of its bulk, shipping fees can be rather high.

Basically, I was fed up of it sitting in a drawer, taking up a load of room. Since I had one in better condition, I decided to turn it into a 'trophy head'!

Now, the one that I have that actually works - there's no way you'll catch me butchering that!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Jetoar

Nice collection! ^-^. You have a new Deinocheirus and Brachiosaurus. I hope to see the new Deinocheirus in my country  :).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

You'll still let me mount that head on a plaque at least...?

Horridus

Quote from: Himmapaan on August 11, 2012, 08:04:41 PM
I'd be very happy to!

Maybe with a legend along the lines of "Tyrannosaurus rex kenneri, 1993"

Quote from: Jetoar on August 11, 2012, 08:03:30 PM
Nice collection! ^-^. You have a new Deinocheirus and Brachiosaurus. I hope to see the new Deinocheirus in my country  :).

Which country are you from again...? I have this feeling it's mainland Europe somewhere, in which case it should be very soon! Otherwise you can order it from UK and German sellers.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Jetoar

Quote from: Horridus on August 11, 2012, 08:21:53 PM
I'd be very happy to!

Maybe with a legend along the lines of "Tyrannosaurus rex kenneri, 1993"

Quote from: Jetoar on August 11, 2012, 08:03:30 PM

Which country are you from again...? I have this feeling it's mainland Europe somewhere, in which case it should be very soon! Otherwise you can order it from UK and German sellers.

My country is Spain. I buy figures of Collecta but is very hard to find because I find these figures in museums or specifics shops :(.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Sumo

And paint it bronze, that classes up just about any model! ;D
(No, seriously, do it! I just bronzed my huge ELC Triceratops... it's too big for shelves, but makes a lovely centerpiece.)
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Horridus

Quote from: Jetoar on August 11, 2012, 08:34:34 PM
My country is Spain. I buy figures of Collecta but is very hard to find because I find these figures in museums or specifics shops :(.

I don't know about Spanish sites, but it shouldn't cost too much to buy one from everythingdinosaur.co.uk and have it shipped there.

Quote from: Sumo on August 11, 2012, 08:39:26 PM
(No, seriously, do it! I just bronzed my huge ELC Triceratops... it's too big for shelves, but makes a lovely centerpiece.)

Do you mean this guy? I might have to get hold of another one now and paint it up!

@Mhorridus

Sumo

That's the one! *shudder* Those matte, dead eyes...
Mine's currently living in the library, doing his best to draw attention to our display of dinosaur books.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Horridus

Quote from: Sumo on August 11, 2012, 08:59:08 PM
That's the one! *shudder* Those matte, dead eyes...
Those always did strike me. Like a doll's eyes...er, except they're matte.

That aside, it's surprisingly good for a cheapo model that's a blatant knock-off of the Safari Great Dinos Triceratops. I mean, the frill's the wrong shape, which is a pretty serious flaw, but it's nicely proportioned and all that.
@Mhorridus

Jetoar

Quote from: Horridus on August 11, 2012, 08:46:50 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on August 11, 2012, 08:34:34 PM

I don't know about Spanish sites, but it shouldn't cost too much to buy one from everythingdinosaur.co.uk and have it shipped there.

Quote from: Sumo on August 11, 2012, 08:39:26 PM

Thanks for you help Horridus  ^-^. I will try to buy in everythingdinosaur.co.uk.

Do you mean this guy? I might have to get hold of another one now and paint it up!

Gwangi

Quote from: Horridus on August 11, 2012, 06:56:24 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 11, 2012, 03:24:49 PM
I've tried to flog it on here before with no success. I wouldn't say it's a 'highly sought after toy' - if it were, I wouldn't have two of the blighters (my budget for figure buying is very limited!). It's common as muck on eBay, and regularly sells for small change - or at least, the broken ones do (and this one was broken). The problem with getting rid of the thing is that, because of its bulk, shipping fees can be rather high.

Basically, I was fed up of it sitting in a drawer, taking up a load of room. Since I had one in better condition, I decided to turn it into a 'trophy head'!

Now, the one that I have that actually works - there's no way you'll catch me butchering that!

Well, it's highly sought after by me anyway. I haven't managed to find one on eBay (U.S.) cheaper than $40 not including the shipping. My budget is very limited too and putting down even $40 on a single toy from 1993 is something I'm hesitant to do. If you were desperate to get rid of it I would have gladly payed the shipping (unless it cost more than a BIN on eBay with the shipping fee). I remember you advertising it as a trade at some point on the old forum but I didn't have anything to trade so didn't even bother suggesting it. It's yours to do what you want of course but I think you could have advertised it better.  ;) It bums me out to see it like that, especially since I really want one but hey, no hard feelings.

Horridus

Quote from: Gwangi on August 12, 2012, 01:27:48 AM
I haven't managed to find one on eBay (U.S.) cheaper than $40 not including the shipping.
Blimey! I think it might actually be cheaper for you to look on UK eBay and have one shipped over. I'll let you know if I see one.
@Mhorridus

Gwangi

Quote from: Horridus on August 13, 2012, 06:37:31 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 12, 2012, 01:27:48 AM
I haven't managed to find one on eBay (U.S.) cheaper than $40 not including the shipping.
Blimey! I think it might actually be cheaper for you to look on UK eBay and have one shipped over. I'll let you know if I see one.

Well, Seijun sent me a listing that went for $26, I didn't win it of course. How much do they go for over there? The cheaper ones are probably out there and I just haven't been looking hard enough. I admit I'm new to eBay. Thanks for the offer to keep an eye out though.

Horridus

Quote from: Gwangi on August 13, 2012, 10:37:15 PM
Well, Seijun sent me a listing that went for $26, I didn't win it of course. How much do they go for over there? The cheaper ones are probably out there and I just haven't been looking hard enough. I admit I'm new to eBay. Thanks for the offer to keep an eye out though.
I got one for £6 including p&p once (the one I beheaded), although it was broken. Working specimens tend to go for a bit more - the mechanism broke really easily.

Got me the Papo baby T. rex and, wouldn't you know, I have quite a good candidate for a parent! Why, they're almost in scale with one another.

@Mhorridus

Balaur

Quote from: Horridus on August 20, 2012, 09:59:51 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 13, 2012, 10:37:15 PM
I got one for £6 including p&p once (the one I beheaded), although it was broken. Working specimens tend to go for a bit more - the mechanism broke really easily.

Got me the Papo baby T. rex and, wouldn't you know, I have quite a good candidate for a parent! Why, they're almost in scale with one another.

How cute is the baby T.rex is a question that was just answered with this photo. :)

Roselaar

Papo baby T-Rex sure seems to be on top of things lately. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: