News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Horridus Collection [New Favorite soft models]

Started by Horridus, March 13, 2012, 07:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

Quote from: Gwangi on April 07, 2012, 11:21:45 PM
To get people agitated. I realize the flaws in my argument and I already know everything you've told me. My original comment was made in jest but it seems you took it pretty seriously. I apologize for any "ruffled feathers", proto or otherwise. I guess I'm guilty of trolling.
Ah, I see. Well, you got me. ;D I wasn't 'agitated' though...it's just a discussion about dinosaur toys! I did think you were serious though. It can be hard to tell on them internets...

Now...who's this fellow, lurking in the gloom? Something to do with an upcoming review, maybe?

All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: Horridus on April 08, 2012, 01:51:35 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on April 07, 2012, 11:21:45 PM
To get people agitated. I realize the flaws in my argument and I already know everything you've told me. My original comment was made in jest but it seems you took it pretty seriously. I apologize for any "ruffled feathers", proto or otherwise. I guess I'm guilty of trolling.
Ah, I see. Well, you got me. ;D I wasn't 'agitated' though...it's just a discussion about dinosaur toys! I did think you were serious though. It can be hard to tell on them internets...

Now...who's this fellow, lurking in the gloom? Something to do with an upcoming review, maybe?

Cool Brechio Horridus, anyway You should do a diorama of a sauropod herd
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Tylosaurus

Yeah that is the Schleich Brachy afaik :) Looks cool indeed 8)

Weaver

Y'know, that Schleich actaully looks rather nice with the rest of your herd there. ;)

postsaurischian

;D He, he, don't worry.
Sooner or later everybody buys a Schleich :) and this is one of their best.

brontodocus

Definitely one of the few Schleich dinosaurs that actually look good. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Horridus

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 09, 2012, 08:01:58 PM
;D He, he, don't worry.
I have a couple of other Schleichs too - the small 'Saichania' (my foot - it's a Euoplocephalus) and Replica-Saurus Parasaurolophus. But no theropods, funnily enough (unless their mute swan counts).
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gwangi

Quote from: Horridus on April 10, 2012, 06:13:23 PM
;D He, he, don't worry.
But no theropods, funnily enough (unless their mute swan counts).

It does.  8)

Horridus

Quote from: Gwangi on April 10, 2012, 09:15:08 PM
;D He, he, don't worry.
It does.  8)
In that case, I should've mentioned the junglefowl too!
@Mhorridus

Gwangi

Quote from: Horridus on April 10, 2012, 09:26:32 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on April 10, 2012, 09:15:08 PM
;D He, he, don't worry.
It does.  8)
In that case, I should've mentioned the junglefowl too!

Yes you should have.

Horridus

So this thing turned up today. Much bigger than expected.  It might be the best Collecta model yet...!

@Mhorridus

tanystropheus

Quote from: Horridus on June 20, 2012, 05:38:04 PM
So this thing turned up today. Much bigger than expected.  It might be the best Collecta model yet...!

Very nice. I'm impressed! :) ;D

ZoPteryx

:o :o That's one awesome figure!  Congrats Horridus! :)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: Horridus on June 20, 2012, 05:38:04 PM

Make that also the best Ornithomime ever :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Bokisaurus

Wow, awesome new addition! That figure looks amazing, it looks every bit as the stock photos :)

Meso-Cenozoic

Hmm, not that crazy about his polka-dots, but yes, he is a very nice figure. How big is he actually? About the size of their new Neo? He's suppose to be 1/40 in scale.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on June 21, 2012, 09:08:22 AM
Hmm, not that crazy about his polka-dots, but yes, he is a very nice figure. How big is he actually? About the size of their new Neo? He's suppose to be 1/40 in scale.

Polka dots? Those are patches! :P 1/40 scale would be great.  The model is near perfect, although not quite perfect (the inner mouth could benefit from detailing, but I'm being nit picky). The feet appears to have better texture quality than the Therizinosaurus. It is definitely CollectA's best, and it is (directly) comparable to Carnegie.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: