News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP of FAN

Hi, guys.

Just a minute ago I received from PAPO Korea the catalog pictures of Papo 2016 dinos, so i want to share these with you guys.
BUT! I've never done it before here on this forum and I do not see any "upload pic" button...
Makes me look really stupid haha but can u tell me how?? :-\ :-[

Cheers

empire3569

Quote from: POP of FAN on December 11, 2015, 02:12:52 AM
Hi, guys.

Just a minute ago I received from PAPO Korea the catalog pictures of Papo 2016 dinos, so i want to share these with you guys.
BUT! I've never done it before here on this forum and I do not see any "upload pic" button...
Makes me look really stupid haha but can u tell me how?? :-\ :-[

Cheers

I think there is a thread somewhere on here, but you can just upload the photo to a photo-sharing website (like photobucket) and then copy the link for the pic and paste it in to the reply area

empire3569

Here is the thread, but the photobucket method has always worked well for me

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0

Rain

POP of FAN

Finally! Uploaded.

Now, Papo Korea so proudly presents....Voila~

Dyscrasia

First of all, a HUGE THANKS to Papo Korea and forum member POP of FAN for the pics!

And without further adieu, here are the pics of some of the repaints

And here are the new products (all of them look great imo.... I hope that the production pieces turn out as good!)

alexeratops

Whoah! That Baryonyx is... monstrous.
That Velociraptor is... surprisingly accurate and scary.
And that Kaprosuchus is... Kaprosuchus.
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

I like them all apart from the running rex repaint. I have no interest in that mold. Feathered velociraptor looks at least better than Rebor's Utahraptor. Kapro is gorgeous.
Also, that Baryonyx has been Todd Marshall'd. Why it is tripod though?

POP of FAN

Quote from: Dyscrasia on December 11, 2015, 02:52:23 AM
First of all, a HUGE THANKS to Papo Korea and forum member POP of FAN for the pics!

Thanx Dyscrasia.

Me and Machine... Dang!  ;( ;(

alexeratops

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 11, 2015, 02:54:22 AM
I like them all apart from the running rex repaint. I have no interest in that mold. Feathered velociraptor looks at least better than Rebor's Utahraptor.
Also, that Baryonyx looks Todd Marshall'd.
Yes! That's what it reminded me of...
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: alexeratops on December 11, 2015, 02:55:54 AM
I like them all apart from the running rex repaint. I have no interest in that mold. Feathered velociraptor looks at least better than Rebor's Utahraptor.
Actually the more I look at it, the more I see a resemblance to the Sideshow Spino's head.

empire3569

That baryonyx is so disappointing; a great sculpt ruined by a terrible pose, although it does also look fat and chunky (in an unnatural way). I agree the kapro looks incredible, and the feathered raptor looks very nice as well. Also, did the repaint the original raptor back to the original color?

alexeratops

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 11, 2015, 02:57:16 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on December 11, 2015, 02:55:54 AM
Actually the more I look at it, the more I see a resemblance to the Sideshow Spino's head.
You're right... Papo...*shakes head*
like a bantha!

Dyscrasia

Personally, the Baryonyx reminds me of both Todd Marshall's artwork and Luis Rey's Suchomimus being attacked (image link --> http://www.luisrey.ndtilda.co.uk/jpegs/256col/such.jpg)

Although I am not a fan of the pose, it might look better at different angles.

stargatedalek

An unusual year when Papo is the brand I'm most anticipating!  And to want every new model they have coming out? That's just unprecedented!

This is going to be a Papo year after all, about time I grabbed some of there marine animals I've been putting off too.

tyrantqueen

I don't mind the Baryonyx's tubbiness (at least it doesn't have a starved body) and some degree of tripodality (?) may have been possible in theropods. A lot of people are going to hold that against it though.

Is the velociraptor repaint actually going to be that greenish hue in real life, or is it just the picture quality?

Shadowknight1

DAT FEATHERED RAPTOR!  It even has primaries!  I need it in my life like five minutes ago.

And I'm a bit more reserved on Baryonyx.  It isn't one of my favorites but the picture is rather interesting.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

MLMjp

Finally! The new Papo dinos!

Just when you though that you will never get a velociraptor with complete wings feathers.....Papo has really surprised me. The only downside is the scally face, but finally a good feathered raptor. ;D
Kaprosuchus looks really good but Im not interested on it.

Also....Is that a repaint of the runnig T.rex with the colors of the new exclusive standing one?? Interesting....I need to see one in person or a good image of it

And las but not least, the figure I wanted to see more, the Baryonyx...

WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO IT???

It...It...looks like a moster right out of a godzilla movie, the posture doesn't help either. And the skull resembles more Spinosaurus than Baryonyx

Shadowknight1

OOO bigger pics.  New raptor's teeth look much better than the old one's.  Definite must buy.

Baryonyx...the arms scream "GIMME A HUG!"  And it looks like a hybrid of a Spinosaurus with the Papo Allosaurus.  I'll reserve judgement until a review shows up, but I think it might be a pass for me.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Halichoeres

The Velociraptor is surprisingly good. I'd like to see a good close-up of the head, might be a better match for some deeper-muzzled dromaeosaur. The Kaprosuchus looks great, too--it's right up Papo's alley. The Baryonyx...I'm getting used to. I really like the head, at least.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: