News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

It seems that Papo intend to strengthen their sales opportunities in the point of sale market.  As well as introducing a second set of mini dinosaurs (tub 2) - product code 33019, Papo will also be introducing a range of mini dinosaur colour variants that can be purchased separately.  For pics of these models, visit Everything Dinosaur's Facebook page: New Point of Sale Figures from Papo

Happy New Year fellow Forum members.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: MLMjp on December 30, 2015, 08:28:30 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on December 30, 2015, 08:08:41 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on December 30, 2015, 07:57:58 PM
I have recently taken a look to my papo running T.rex´s jaw and I compared to the repaint one....I think I have bad news guys. The jaw does not seem to have been  retooled at all. The teeth look better aligned because of the perspective, if you look close you will se that the misaligned teeth are BEHIND the other teeth. That´s why it looks like it got it´s teeth fixed at first glance.

The final product might change but for now it seems like the T. rex jaw is going to stay the way it is
Either you can time travel, or you're just comparing it to the stock photo?

I compared the catalogue photo of the repaint to my own papo T.rex,  I had to play a bit with angle and perspective of my green running rex. And to my eyes it´s seems that the repaint will not have a retooled jaw.

I agree.  I didn't think the jaw was retooled at all.  I just don't see Papo doing any reconstruction when they can simply repaint their most (or one of them) popular model.  I still want it badly!

Halichoeres

Thanks for the info, ED! I must say Papo's usual workmanship doesn't particularly shine through in the minis.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arul

When the first time i heard papo will make feathered vraptor, i delay my plan to order favorite feathered vraptor and waiting for how papo's gonna be. Then finally i found the official announcement from papo, i cancel my plan to order favorite and chose papo  :P

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: drjre77 on December 29, 2015, 02:09:24 AM

Looks like the I Rex and blue are coming soon!

Here's another "Blue" that's slightly different in coloration than the one above. It also has Papo tags! Hmm. It was in my email from Brett.
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k205631895

And here's the Google Translate in English...
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpage9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp%2Fjp%2Fauction%2Fk205631895&edit-text=&act=url

*Edit -- Aha! I just read the complete translated description, and I think I'm understanding it correctly (sometimes even with the translation I don't get it all. lol). It seems this is another custom paint job, albeit, a very nice one! 8)

CityRaptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 31, 2015, 06:40:02 PM
Thanks for the info, ED! I must say Papo's usual workmanship doesn't particularly shine through in the minis.

Probably has to do with the fact that they are done by another sculptor than their big counterparts.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 05, 2016, 01:45:12 PM

Probably has to do with the fact that they are done by another sculptor than their big counterparts.

Ah, yep, that would do it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Saurox

Viking Spawn

Ah-ha.  That would explain it.  And also why I have no interest in these either.  :(

sauroid

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 05, 2016, 06:07:06 PM

Ah-ha.  That would explain it.  And also why I have no interest in these either.  :(
well the minis are totally ugly so i dont blame you. (such contrast to their regular sized figures)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

POP of FAN

Quote from: suspsy on December 27, 2015, 03:00:44 PM
I still have difficulty swallowing the notion that Papo would have delayed production up until June 2015 just so they could incorporate the appearance of the Freakosaurus into their Baryonyx. Especially since they've been moving away from that dicey philosophy in recent years. If they really wanted to create a pseudo-Freakosaurus that badly, seems to me they'd release a Giganotosaurus in 2017. That would lend itself to monsterizing far better than Baryonyx.

Anyway, we shall see what the final product is like. I'll definitely be buying it. As I've said before, it fails as a real animal, but it makes a great monster. It's easily superior to the Spinosaurus.

I received this news indirectly from Mr. Seo (the PAPO sculptor) via PAPO Korea, and he mentioned that with the naked eye, the prototype of Bary looks "way different"(my translation of "많이 다르다") from the image in the papo catalog.

PAPO Korea promised me to share the prototype pictures as soon as it gets them from Mr. Seo.... and i will let you guys know when that happens. :D

sauroid

thank you. really looking forward to that POP of FAN.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

MLMjp

Quote from: POP of FAN on January 13, 2016, 07:13:14 PM

I received this news indirectly from Mr. Seo (the PAPO sculptor) via PAPO Korea, and he mentioned that with the naked eye, the prototype of Bary looks "way different"(my translation of "많이 다르다") from the image in the papo catalog.

PAPO Korea promised me to share the prototype pictures as soon as it gets them from Mr. Seo.... and i will let you guys know when that happens. :D

That gives me a little bit of hope about the Bary. Thank you for telling us

empire3569

Yes thank you, I am looking forward to seeing the prototype images as well. The sculpt is very nice, but the pose is just the worse. Hopefully it will be different from the promo image when released

Viking Spawn

That is good to hear!  I'm hoping it looks much better once in hand! 

Saurox

I still think the angle that the photograph was taken didn't do it many favours. I'm really eager to see the figurine from a few more angles and hopefully some news on a release date for it and the others.

Mauro "Raptor86"

The photo on the catalogue was indeed modified, ad I showed in a post on the Paleo-Nerd Facebook page...

PaleoMatt

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on January 16, 2016, 09:35:58 AM
The photo on the catalogue was indeed modified, ad I showed in a post on the Paleo-Nerd Facebook page...

Interesting!

Viking Spawn

Hmm?  Perhaps a last minute tweek?  Or a last second photo-shop to prevent early controversy?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: