News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daspletodave

Tweek? More like warpage. Probably what you can expect if you buy this figure.

oscars_dinos

So this means it doesn't balance on it tail now ???

alexeratops

like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: imnewhere on January 16, 2016, 03:49:12 PM
So this means it doesn't balance on it tail now ???

No I think that the sculptor sculpted it to balance just on the feet, but probably it can't stand that way so it need the support of the tail.

Saurox

POP of FAN

Hello there guys,

here are the pictures of some PAPO 2016 1st & 2nd quarter releases, including Baryonyx, Kaprosuchus, Green Velociraptor, Rainbow Running T rex, sperm-whale, narwhal, baby seal, puma, Kangaroo with joey, and Tarantula.

Again, courtesy of PAPO Korea: http://blog.naver.com/eurofd/220607991142

*These are not pictures of the prototype but of the sample products. Yet I hope this is of any help to you guys. :)
And don't forget that you heard it first from PAPO Korea & POP of FAN. :)

Kovu

Those pics make me like the Baryonyx a lot more. He's looking less portly and more like an agile swimmer. (Though I will admit the portly grizzly-esque vibe of the original promo image was growing on me).

The colors look nice too. Vibrant but still naturalistic.

tanystropheus

I love the new pictures of Barry. He no longer looks like a kaiju  >:D
The head is sleeker and the colors are more sublime.
Great job, Papo. This is a massive improvement over the Spinosaurus.
It also looks like a living animal rather than a monster (although, the claws seem a bit too pronounced).
Very strange that the sample models of Baronyx looks significantly better than the catalogue photos.

Blade-of-the-Moon

you certainly can't call him fat anymore...lol  still a heck of an underbite but that can be creative liberty.  the skull looks very much like a Spinosaurus as well though.

sauroid

thankfully, the Baryonix isnt a bad figure after all. the modern animal figures are nice too, not too fond of the puma though.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Silvanusaurus

Yes! I liked it in the catalogue image well enough, now I'm really loving that Baryonyx. I'm also pretty interested in the Kaprosuchus... personally I prefer this to the Safari. Can't wait for the release of Barry.

POP of FAN

Viking Spawn

Baryonyx actually look good now!  Thanks for sharing that link!  I'm much happier about it now!

Viking Spawn

Albertosaurus

So it is not a tripod???!!!
If the final product stands in two feet like the one in the proto then I will definitely get this dino. The sculpt is just amazing. Top quality here!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: POP of FAN on January 25, 2016, 05:03:25 AM
Hello there guys,

here are the pictures of some PAPO 2016 1st & 2nd quarter releases, including Baryonyx, Kaprosuchus, Green Velociraptor, Rainbow Running T rex, sperm-whale, narwhal, baby seal, puma, Kangaroo with joey, and Tarantula.

Again, courtesy of PAPO Korea: http://blog.naver.com/eurofd/220607991142

*These are not pictures of the prototype but of the sample products. Yet I hope this is of any help to you guys. :)
And don't forget that you heard it first from PAPO Korea & POP of FAN. :)

The baryonyx looks fantastic. As has already been repeated ad nauseam is not tripod. It looks better than the original

The Kaprosuchus but for me it is an expected figure is not as dramatic as the first photo of the prototype.

Moreover I expected the tyrannosaurus rex jaw (rather vastatosaurus) was different from the original green. Anyway it looks good.

Moreover, the velociraptor is the same as I imagined.

First of all thank you for sharing your photos.

Rain

This image really shows the model off. I'm eager to get my hands on it now although I'm curious to see if it'll stand stable or if it'll tip over into the tripod pose. Thank you Pop of Fan

Shadowknight1

Considering the product images,, I think it'll likely tip back into a tripod stance.

Kinda surprised that the feathered raptor wasn't in any of those pictures since it's apparently coming soon.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Albertosaurus

It will be really sad if the final product doesnt stand stable like it does in this image

Edit:
Looking at the final model pics,it really looks like it can stand stable on two feet without using the tail

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: