News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Speaking of Mastermind, what the spotted heck is up with them not getting the Tupuxuara in yet?!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

JurassicGeek09

Dude, we're in Canada. We're always last to receive anything.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

alexeratops

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on February 09, 2016, 03:19:40 AM

Weird... canada people are so polite. They apologize for everything they do! They should get things first.

(just a joke i'm kidding ITS JUST A STEREOTYPE I PROMISE)
like a bantha!

deanm

Quote from: alexeratops on February 09, 2016, 03:22:23 AM

Weird... canada people are so polite. They apologize for everything they do! They should get things first.

As a fellow Canadian and all joking aside, I have crossed (well driven across) the border driving from Hamilton to some of the target stores in the Buffalo area to get the papa, battats, and other figures (generally about 1.5 to 2 months after people start to mention them. 

Has worked out rather well for the last two years. I also travel for work to the states so I take advantage when i can.

Cheers & happy collecting

Silvanusaurus

Why is it priced higher on that site than the other large Papos like the rexes and spinosaurus? Is it just because it's new?

Shadowknight1

I'm still tryin to figure out why the feathered raptor is $25. :o
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

suspsy

Yes, but this is particularly late. Historically, Mastermind would get one new Papo in the winter and then the other one(s) in the fall. I keep thinking the Baryonyx will show up first. :p

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

maybe Papo is starting to match Rebor price-wise
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

Around here the Papo Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus typically go for $40+ so the Baryonyx pricing is hardly a shock.

yankeetrex

Kind of off topic for the thread, but since there was some talk about excange rates earlier, I just purchased the Brachiosaurus from Papo on amazon.ca for 29 CA shipped to New Jersey.  That translates to around 20 or so dollars US. I had it shipped to me for this price, how is it that the brachiosaurus sells for 40 plus dollars on Amazon US, but for 20 dollars in canada? I think I'll be purchasing all of my papos like this from now on. I'm hoping some of the new items pop up on there soon.

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 09, 2016, 03:26:24 PM
Around here the Papo Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus typically go for $40+ so the Baryonyx pricing is hardly a shock.

IIRC, the T. rexes are priced at $29.99 at Mastermind Toys. Makes sense that the Baryonyx would be as well. Hope the FV isn't that pricey though.

CityRaptor

Quote from: yankeetrex on February 09, 2016, 04:15:11 PM
Kind of off topic for the thread, but since there was some talk about excange rates earlier, I just purchased the Brachiosaurus from Papo on amazon.ca for 29 CA shipped to New Jersey.  That translates to around 20 or so dollars US. I had it shipped to me for this price, how is it that the brachiosaurus sells for 40 plus dollars on Amazon US, but for 20 dollars in canada? I think I'll be purchasing all of my papos like this from now on. I'm hoping some of the new items pop up on there soon.

Might be because those are EU figures. We in Europe experience a similar mark up in price with US figures.  The Jurassic World Bashers & Biters? 10 Dollars in the US, but 14 Euros here.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: deanm on February 09, 2016, 03:30:35 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on February 09, 2016, 03:22:23 AM

As a fellow Canadian and all joking aside, I have crossed (well driven across) the border driving from Hamilton to some of the target stores in the Buffalo area to get the papa, battats, and other figures (generally about 1.5 to 2 months after people start to mention them. 

Has worked out rather well for the last two years. I also travel for work to the states so I take advantage when i can.

Cheers & happy collecting

I'd do the same but given the low value of our dollar, it's not worth it for me. In any case, I'm in no rush to get them. I can't really take dino toy pics until spring comes anyway.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Victoria's Cantina

Prices fluctuate a lot on Amazon. There are many third party sellers selling stuff. I haven't seen Amazon.com proper sell Papo dinosaurs directly in a while... it's all been third party guys for the last year or so. And the prices go up and down on almost a daily basis. I got the Brachiosaurus directly from Amazon about a year ago. I get free Prime shipping, so my total was about $28 US. It seems they've been selling for a good bit more than that lately, though.

Speaking of pricy, was the Ankylosaurus discontinued? They're hovering around $30 on Amazon currently.

yankeetrex

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 09, 2016, 08:37:26 PM

Might be because those are EU figures. We in Europe experience a similar mark up in price with US figures.  The Jurassic World Bashers & Biters? 10 Dollars in the US, but 14 Euros here.

This actually makes sense, its been boggling my mind for a few days now. 

empire3569

empire3569

They also have some nice pics of the actual model that show it does indeed stand on two feet without balance from the tail, and there is no underbite

suspsy

Perhaps it's the angles, but the head looks far too big in those photos. The colours are cool though.

suspsy

The head still looks far too large in the second pic. It's an impressive, scary-looking toy, and I will definitely be buying it, but it's a far cry from the real thing:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: