News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 11, 2015, 04:55:21 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 11, 2015, 02:45:26 PM
Although nothing has to do with the forum Schleich pelican is one of the few figures that have impacted me.
This, so much this. It's an absolutely beautiful piece, and it's not fused to a base or fused with a fish permanently in it's bill which makes it all the better.

it has a pose that says "Im gonna eat that pigeon!"  ;D

QuoteWhere can i find these?

Im not sure, I never see these types a sets at TRU where they sell the figures. I suppose Amazon would have them.

EDIT:
They do have the African water hole set for 2015  but wow its pricey! So is the cave with the carnotaurus.  I dont know if they are  cheaper elsewhere. They also have a more reasonably priced cave with a lioness.

Megalosaurus

Hello.
I love the dunkleosteus.
The dimetrodon is like 'Papo dimetrodon goes wrong'. Really looks like a mutant.
The mini baryonix is a surprise, but... It has clown hands.
The mosasaurus looks bad proportioned to me. Seems to have a prety short body and a very long tail.
I likely will adquiere the dunkleosteus, the ichtyosaurus and the 'herrerasaurus'.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

LophoLeeVT

really hererrasaurus i am thinking of eoraptor when i saw that dinosaur
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Halichoeres

Y'know, I initially thought it was a Herrerasaurus mostly because of the five-toed feet (and the general proportions and head shape helped), but their Pentaceratops had five hooves on its forefeet, so I guess that guess should be---tempered. I would be very surprised if Schleich intended it as a Baryonyx, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 13, 2015, 06:21:44 PM
Y'know, I initially thought it was a Herrerasaurus mostly because of the five-toed feet (and the general proportions and head shape helped), but their Pentaceratops had five hooves on its forefeet, so I guess that guess should be---tempered. I would be very surprised if Schleich intended it as a Baryonyx, though.

I really thought it would be a Herrerasaurus for the same reasons as the ones you mentioned.  But now, I won't be surprised if it is intended to be a Baryonyx.  Schleich has a history of warping prehistoric animals for their toys.  As far as I'm aware Schleich has done 5 different "Velociraptor" sculpts and they all have a differently shaped head, all of which are an incorrect shape  Another example is that hideous and inaccurate Giganotosaurus design they've reused for at least 3 different sculpts of the animal now.  Some of their toys are better, like the Kentrosaurus, but they're the small minority.  If this toy is a Baryonyx, my guess is Schleich altered its appearance so much to make it look even more different from Spinosaurus, which is already in the Schleich toy line.  If that's the case I think it's sad really.  It really does look like it has five-toed feet, but I can't be sure of this from the image alone.  Another thing I'm not sure of is if in the middle between the orange ridges above its eyes it has a crest like Baryonyx's.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sim on October 13, 2015, 07:42:12 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 13, 2015, 06:21:44 PM

I really thought it would be a Herrerasaurus for the same reasons as the ones you mentioned.  But now, I won't be surprised if it is intended to be a Baryonyx.  Schleich has a history of warping prehistoric animals for their toys.  As far as I'm aware Schleich has done 5 different "Velociraptor" sculpts and they all have a differently shaped head, all of which are an incorrect shape  Another example is that hideous and inaccurate Giganotosaurus design they've reused for at least 3 different sculpts of the animal now.  Some of their toys are better, like the Kentrosaurus, but they're the small minority.  If this toy is a Baryonyx, my guess is Schleich altered its appearance so much to make it look even more different from Spinosaurus, which is already in the Schleich toy line.  If that's the case I think it's sad really.  It really does look like it has five-toed feet, but I can't be sure of this from the image alone.  Another thing I'm not sure of is if in the middle between the orange ridges above its eyes it has a crest like Baryonyx's.

More than enough reason for me to buy this year only dunkleosteus with regard to Schleich.

sauroid

it would be an insult to our intelligence and a slap in the face if Schleich chose to call the grey figure a Baryonix. still hoping that it is indeed a Herrerasaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Bokisaurus

Well,horrible again😄
That fiossil fish is the only good one

Silvanusaurus

It would seem nonsensical that their old quadrupedal, grinning replica-saurus Baryonyx is more recognizably a Baryonyx than this.

Rathalosaurus

I really like the Dunkleosteus. The other ones are, again, rubbish.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: TE Matt on October 10, 2015, 07:26:32 PM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 10, 2015, 07:25:11 PM
I completely understand why everyone dislikes these... but I actually quite like them, more so than alot of previous Schleichs.
However, that Baryonyx is very disappointing, i was hoping it would be a larger scale. Its a Baryonyx, right?

I believe it's baryonyx and I quite like them too :)

We work quite closely with Schleich (Everything Dinosaur) and according to our notes it is a Herrerasaurus, we will post up more complete information on the first half year plans of Schleich on our blog and social media probably next week.

sauroid

the deformed Dimetrodon will be next year's equivalent to 2013's Carnotaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 14, 2015, 01:12:58 PM
Quote from: TE Matt on October 10, 2015, 07:26:32 PM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 10, 2015, 07:25:11 PM
I completely understand why everyone dislikes these... but I actually quite like them, more so than alot of previous Schleichs.
However, that Baryonyx is very disappointing, i was hoping it would be a larger scale. Its a Baryonyx, right?

I believe it's baryonyx and I quite like them too :)

We work quite closely with Schleich (Everything Dinosaur) and according to our notes it is a Herrerasaurus, we will post up more complete information on the first half year plans of Schleich on our blog and social media probably next week.

Thanks for the confirmation! I daresay that makes Schleich's offerings this year incrementally more interesting than last year's.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

sauroid

the Herrerasaurus will be the only one im getting next year.

Federreptil

Last day I said to my wife, "Gee, after this long time of collecting, it becomes less intense, because the most sourcing is done." Fortunately Schleich works so hard for the fulfillment of this rather untrustworthy quote for a hardcore collector. Like the Schleich selection of this autumn, there is 2016 no must-have. Maybe the Dunkleoteus is one of best – if you need more fishes. So, well done, Schleich! But Favorite have edited a Fukuisaurus as a really fine Iguanondont and the quest must go on...

Shonisaurus

So if it's a it's a miracle Herrerasaurus by Schleich. It is not normal to do cutting-edge dinosaurs.

I fully believe what he says everythingdinosaur.

If that were a baryonyx is an insult to the intelligence, even poor fans of dinosaurs like me.

MLMjp

Good thing that is an Herrerasaurus, if not this could have been one of the greatest mistakes of schleich ever ::)

I have to say one thing about the Dimetrodon, If the papo one didn´t exist, It would be a pretty decent figure

Halichoeres

Quote from: MLMjp on October 14, 2015, 05:48:11 PM
Good thing that is an Herrerasaurus, if not this could have been one of the greatest mistakes of schleich ever ::)

I have to say one thing about the Dimetrodon, If the papo one didn´t exist, It would be a pretty decent figure

Maybe so--they certainly didn't do themselves any favors by inviting the comparison with the Papo.

Silvanusaurus

Is it known whether the mini dinosaur is Baryonyx or Suchomimus?

sauroid

it doesnt really matter what they call their mini figures. with Schleich, they could be anything, just like chinasaurs. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: