News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Quote from: DC on October 16, 2015, 06:00:49 PM
Quote from: sauroid on October 10, 2015, 09:06:57 PM
wish the Dunk wasnt grey. looks like The Swimming Dead ancient fish

I really like that and I may quote you in PT.
thanks  :D
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Silvanusaurus

Darn, its Suchomimus, not Baryonyx.

Takama

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 17, 2015, 10:23:10 AM
Everything Dinosaur has been putting together a series of articles based on the plans for the Prehistoric Animal models made by Schleich for 2016.  In these articles, we show exclusive pics and reveal details of the models, those we are allowed to anyway, as there is more to come from Schleich in 2016, more than people currently think.

What we are putting together is a sort of guide to what we know, it is not definitive but we do explain in the article our reasons for not publishing we would love to tell forum members exactly what to expect next year, but we respect Schleich's request to keep things confidential for a while longer.  We work closely with Schleich and this is the best information regarding the first part of Schleich's plans we have at the moment.

In the first of these articles we discuss plans for the Schleich Mini Dinosaurs range for 2016, the range is being increased to sixteen, whether or not all the models will be available individually has yet to be determined.

Here's the article: New Schleich Models for 2016 (Part 1)

Hope this helps, more articles will be posted up soon, we would suggest you either visit our blog site or Facebook page as these are places where the information (including model retirements will definitely be posted).

Everything Dinosaur Blog:Everything Dinosaur Blog

Everything Dinosaur Facebook: Everything Dinosaur on Facebook (feel free to give our Facebook page a like, that would be nice).

Im looking forward to the other Articles. but one thing got me riled up

QuoteExpect more colour variants within ranges and re-paints.  This is a cost effective method for manufacturers to increase their product offerings.

Does this mean there's going to be a second sculpt of another dinosaur they already did for the World of History line?     Repaints of existing models i understand, but How the heck is Making two models of the same animal and giving it a different color scheme cost effective? ::)

Turret

So there are more things to come, good. I hope there is something of this years Kentrosaurus quality among them.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on October 17, 2015, 11:15:01 PM
Im looking forward to the other Articles. but one thing got me riled up

QuoteExpect more colour variants within ranges and re-paints.  This is a cost effective method for manufacturers to increase their product offerings.

Does this mean there's going to be a second sculpt of another dinosaur they already did for the World of History line?     Repaints of existing models i understand, but How the heck is Making two models of the same animal and giving it a different color scheme cost effective? ::)

I don't think ED said anything about resculpts. They said color variants and re-paints, which doesn't require any new molds and is therefore, yes, cost-effective.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Everything_Dinosaur

Here is a link to the second part of Everything Dinosaur's post about new Schleich prehistoric animals scheduled for 2016.  In this article we explain about changes to the "World of History" brand, provide information including model measurements of the first of the larger Schleich prehistoric animal models coming out next year and we provide details on those models which we think are due to be retired.  Our retirement list is based on the fact that models we have listed as retired are not featured in the 2016 catalogue information.

Here is the article:New Schleich "Dinosaurs" for 2016 (Part 2)

Hope this helps.

Roselaar

SpartanSquat

Thanks for the info ED! So the large dinosaur line will be change in name right?  One question...the small line will be retired?

Takama

So is this Name change a Sign of another line Reboot?   or just a simple Change in name?

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: RolandEden on October 19, 2015, 09:15:21 PM
Thanks for the info ED! So the large dinosaur line will be change in name right?  One question...the small line will be retired?

Schleich will continue with three ranges the larger models, the "small" and the minis.  All of them seem to be under the brand "Dinosaurs" or in German "Dinosaurier".  Schleich will continue to build up other ranges, such as the licenced items - Peanuts, Smurfs and Justice League.  There will also be more box sets/play sets/puzzles etc. under the dinosaur brand umbrella.  In the second article we put up on our blog, we focused on the larger models, a third and probably final article on Schleich (for the time being) will follow shortly that looks at the "small" models in more detail.

Hope this helps, thanks for your input.

Everything_Dinosaur

Quote from: Takama on October 19, 2015, 09:39:54 PM
So is this Name change a Sign of another line Reboot?   or just a simple Change in name?

We at Everything Dinosaur are not sure why exactly, but one of the strategic aims of Schleich is to reposition their knights which were under the "World of History" banner into a new brand, with its own website and other supporting resources.  The knights brand is Eldrador and it is supposed to represent a mythical series of three kingdoms, or something like that.

With the knights and such like gone from the "World of History", it probably makes more sense to an ordinary retailer to have a Schleich "dinosaurs" line.

Shonisaurus

Then the most interesting dinosaurs dunkleosteus be marketed as soon as the end of June.

Moreover, I observed that these dinosaurs according to some forums will have additional explanatory booklet. It may be a new reissue of dinosaurs Humboldt Berlin with another philosophy.

profnik

:D I heard you type a prehistoric mammals is back from schleich is paraceratherium,woolly mammoth is my favorite the 2nd one, cave bear & smilodon too. Maybe should work for product is dinos & prehistoric mammals too and dinos mini figures for next year that a great idea

Shonisaurus

Is that true or a hoax more. Schleich I know this year has revealed all their news.

For me it would be great Paraceratherium and cave bear (or bear cave). Are two figures that I like and that are rare in the toy market.

profnik

Federreptil

I have today an interessant conversation with two young mothers. They have boys in the best dino-age and for them Schleich do anything right. The boys love this stuff, the big toothy heads and strong feet for jumping and kung fu fighting. In both families are the Spiderman-meets-Edward-Scissorhands-Therizinosaurus and both mothers are impressed. There also the Indominus Rex fights here with him and with the big screws in his belly. So for the commerce Schleich is on a proper way and a not to sharp view on the details of the documents will never become a problem.
Just I think by myself, I'm no target group again. I want the false dinos and admire the Japanese look of some Kaiyodos and Favorites. Unfortunately nearly every toy shop in Germany sells only Schleich. So I can't feel the honor, to have this manufacturer in the own country. Maybe this feeling would a little bit different, if a sourcing would more demanding.  ::)

CityRaptor

Well, those kids don't want realistic Dinosaurs, they obviously want monsters. Schleich's marketing has also pretty much ensured that they are seen as the best in the eyes of many German collectors. Most modern German books on Dinosaurs being poor quality is likely another factor.

So it is another example of popular and good being two different things.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

For me it doesn't matter who their target audience is, their products are simply below par, no justification will make me see them as anything but. Safari caters to the exact same target audience, but their products are better researched, better plastic, and cheaper. Of course non of that compares to their business practices, actively pressuring retailers not to stock their competitors and completely and literally obscuring their competition from the market, that is enough to make me feel a slight tinge whenever I buy Schleich.

Shonisaurus

Obviously Schleich dinosaurs are aimed at children.

But that does not mean that palaeontologically inaccurate.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 20, 2015, 08:45:55 PM
For me it doesn't matter who their target audience is, their products are simply below par, no justification will make me see them as anything but. Safari caters to the exact same target audience, but their products are better researched, better plastic, and cheaper. Of course non of that compares to their business practices, actively pressuring retailers not to stock their competitors and completely and literally obscuring their competition from the market, that is enough to make me feel a slight tinge whenever I buy Schleich.

Oh really? I was unaware that Schleich did this which would explain why I only see Schleich products dominating the stores in my region.  Which stinks for people like me.   :-\

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: