News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

I went to Walmart today to get a B-day present for someone. I touched the red Rex cuz I hadn't seen it before. I'm gonna go wash my hands. With soap- no, Lava soap- no, lava.
like a bantha!

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Can't say i'm to fond of Schleich, but they are EVERYWHERE. Lucky for us in the states, we have Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Target with there Battats, so no need to buy any of Schleichs stuff. The fact that they're so aggressive about there universal distribution is certainly not very appealing, and I feel for anybody in a more Schleich dominated area :(

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Shonisaurus

Unfortunately in my country just send the Schleich brand.

Safari is not in the shops, you have to order them online.

Moreover Bullyland in regard to dinosaurs also they have retired and I get the impression that no longer will do more figures.

Collecta there are problems with distribution.

Papo distribution with regard to my area is painful.

Moreover discuss GeoWorld or Mojo is almost science fiction. It is very difficult to find their figures. Just as tiptoi.

Regarding Battat dinosaurs that is science fiction.

By that I mean everything. Just I do not know how the brand is marketed almost Schleich.

MLMjp

Schleich is everywhere in Spain, toys r us, street toy shops, shopping centers toy shops....
In my city I only know two toyshops that sell Collecta, they used to sell papos also, but now only one still carries them. Sometimes you can find some papos in toys r us and street toy shops but they are pretty scarce.
And the worst thing happened to me, there was a shop were safaris were sold, but it closed months ago >:( >:( >:( Only good thing about it is that I got a lot of figures for half the price, but I wish I could have taken more :'(
I used to remember when I liked schleich because they were the only "good"(With EXTREME quotation marks) dinosaur figures that I knew of and because I didnĀ“t know anything about scientifically accuracy
However there are some Schleich figures that I really like and my collection can't be without them.

PaleoMatt

Here in Britain my local supermarket used to sell a ton of CollectA but then Schleich turned up! Also my local toys r us doesn't sell papo! I also might e-mail schleich about the fake reviews :/

Sim

Quote from: TE Matt on November 02, 2015, 07:28:53 AM
Here in Britain my local supermarket used to sell a ton of CollectA but then Schleich turned up! Also my local toys r us doesn't sell papo!

Where abouts in the UK do you live?  I live in the UK too but I've only seen CollectA sold online.  I saw a Papo Dimetrodon in a shop in the part of London I live in, and I've seen a number of Papo prehistoric toys in a John Lewis in central London.  Of course, both shops were dominated by Schleich prehistoric toys.

I wouldn't hate Schleich if their prehistoric toys weren't so rubbish and ubiquitous at the cost of the better toys by other companies.

PaleoMatt

Quote from: Sim on November 02, 2015, 02:31:11 PM
Quote from: TE Matt on November 02, 2015, 07:28:53 AM
Here in Britain my local supermarket used to sell a ton of CollectA but then Schleich turned up! Also my local toys r us doesn't sell papo!

Where abouts in the UK do you live?  I live in the UK too but I've only seen CollectA sold online.  I saw a Papo Dimetrodon in a shop in the part of London I live in, and I've seen a number of Papo prehistoric toys in a John Lewis in central London.  Of course, both shops were dominated by Schleich prehistoric toys.

I wouldn't hate Schleich if their prehistoric toys weren't so rubbish and ubiquitous at the cost of the better toys by other companies.

I live in the northwest and the shop that sold CollectA was my local sainsburys

terrorchicken

Miami Florida shops-

Micheals has a very poor selection of Safari, mostly they stock toobs and those dragons, lots of dragons for some reason.

Hobby Lobby has a good selection of Mojos with an emphasis on the extant stuff

Toys R Us has Schleich with occasionally some Papo

Target use to have Schleich but they long replaced them with the Terra line, unfortunately one of my 2 Targets just got rid of the whole Terra line. I have no idea why and Im really sad about it. :(

I wish some place here carried Collecta

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: terrorchicken on November 02, 2015, 05:49:02 PM
Miami Florida shops-

Micheals has a very poor selection of Safari, mostly they stock toobs and those dragons, lots of dragons for some reason.

Hobby Lobby has a good selection of Mojos with an emphasis on the extant stuff

Toys R Us has Schleich with occasionally some Papo

Target use to have Schleich but they long replaced them with the Terra line, unfortunately one of my 2 Targets just got rid of the whole Terra line. I have no idea why and Im really sad about it. :(

I wish some place here carried Collecta

Yeah, no place near where I live sells CollectA either, although there stuff is kind of hit or miss for me, so not such a loss.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."

sauroid

correct me if im wrong but, isnt CollectA a British company? wouldnt it be so ironic if Schleich are everywhere while Collecta you can hardly find in the UK?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

PaleoMatt

Quote from: sauroid on November 02, 2015, 07:01:29 PM
correct me if im wrong but, isnt CollectA a British company? wouldnt it be so ironic if Schleich are everywhere while Collecta you can hardly find in the UK?
Hmm I will look into that but schleich are just in it for $$$$

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: sauroid on November 02, 2015, 07:01:29 PM

Yes, they are, so it would be very ironic if Schleich replaced them in their home country.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

CityRaptor

Well, here in Germany Schleich does it to fellow German Bullyland...of course this is less ironic, unless you have read about the connection between them. Interestingly enough, many museums here don't sell Schleich.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

I'm happy to say that the museum I work at, while it does sell a handful of Schleich models, sells much more Safari and Papo (and at the moment even Cog and the GeoWorld mammals, along with the giant AAA Smilodon). No CollectA, unfortunately.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I found it hard to find out where CollectA is from.  I used to think they were a British company, but it seems CollectA is actually a Chinese company, as seen in Reply #90 here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10.msg94064#msg94064

tyrantqueen

According to CollectA themselvs, they are European.

http://www.collectaus.com/about-us.html

They hired a British artist for their dinosaurs, but the company itself may well have Chinese or Hong Kong based origins.

I really don't know. This subject needs more clarification.

CityRaptor

I think I've read in PT 113 that they are british, but decided to move to Hong Kong due to production.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

I was very disappointed by the lack of CollectA when I visited London in 2014.

As I said, Schleich seems to dominate most of the toy stores across Canada. Mastermind sells the Papo prehistoric and fantasy toys, but the extant animal figures are all Schleich. And the chain I work part time at, as I mentioned before, only sells Schleich. Damn them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

In the past, the only stores that sold Schleich around were i live were Farm Shops. Now there everywhere i go almost.   However one farm shop has phased out there Schleich stock in favor of Safari, and had since got a decent selection of Models from all of there ranges(includeing Prehistoric)

Silvanusaurus

I'm in the UK and the closest I've gotten to finding a CollectA dinosaur in a shop was one of their swan figures. Admittedly I dont travel far afield very often, but sometimes even Schleichs seem like a rarity amongst the abundance of 'Megasaurs'.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: