News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

It has been mentioned in one thread that he is getting them for free.  Just not sure which one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

A video showing schleich 2016 assortment in toy fair. I recommend not to pay attention to what the people say in the video and focus on the figures. And be carefull with the minis and Dilophosaurus, your eyes can hurt. >:D

http://youtu.be/L9T12HUwxm0

The volcano just looks cooler and cooler, and the stego skeleton has articulation so is not always in standing pose.
Also the small saichania looks fantastic. :D

Sim

I skipped parts of the video when it seemed nothing interesting was going to be shown.  I noticed the people talking said some things that weren't correct, but I was really surprised by what they said about the Dunkleosteus!  It's from 4:21 to 4:48.  It's really funny!  I wonder what Halichoeres thinks about this?

MLMjp

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2016, 03:18:57 PM
I skipped parts of the video when it seemed nothing interesting was going to be shown.  I noticed the people talking said some things that weren't correct, but I was really surprised by what they said about the Dunkleosteus!  It's from 4:21 to 4:48.  It's really funny!  I wonder what Halichoeres thinks about this?

Yep :P, that's what I said not pay attention to the audio ;)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on March 06, 2016, 03:18:57 PM

Ha ha, which part? The part where it came out of the sea? I mean, listen, the only good thing a fish can do, in terms of evolution, is become a tetrapod, obviously. This "first giants" sub-line does make me perk up my ears, I must admit, even if toy company reps are fuzzy on evolutionary history (by the same token, I would probably be terrible at marketing).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 06, 2016, 06:07:32 PM
Ha ha, which part? The part where it came out of the sea? I mean, listen, the only good thing a fish can do, in terms of evolution, is become a tetrapod, obviously. This "first giants" sub-line does make me perk up my ears, I must admit, even if toy company reps are fuzzy on evolutionary history (by the same token, I would probably be terrible at marketing).

Ha ha!

I just re-watched the part about the Dunkleosteus and it still makes me laugh.  Not wanting to meet it in a back alley ("No man.  That's crazy.").  How it's a great way to teach about early reptiles and what came out of the sea ("Yeah that came out of the sea all right.").  They certainly know how to market toys in a fun way!

CityRaptor

Now if only their facts were straight and their models better.

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 06, 2016, 06:07:32 PM
Ha ha, which part? The part where it came out of the sea? I mean, listen, the only good thing a fish can do, in terms of evolution, is become a tetrapod, obviously.

Of course! Atlantis is broing, after all.
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Certainly the dunkleosteus Schleich unfortunately differs with respect to the prototype. His eyes are rare.

Moreover, the Herrerasaurus thought it would be very bad and has not been, he defends himself as a figure.

The Barapasaurus has too rechamantes colors such as Tyrannosaurus rex (I know that many of his figures are regarding colors inspired paleoartists great, but do not convince me.

Surely I will buy the dunkleosteus and Barapasaurus. The Herrerasaurus better leave later. Convinces me more that of Collecta far.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on March 06, 2016, 02:54:57 PM
A video showing schleich 2016 assortment in toy fair. I recommend not to pay attention to what the people say in the video and focus on the figures. And be carefull with the minis and Dilophosaurus, your eyes can hurt. >:D

The volcano just looks cooler and cooler, and the stego skeleton has articulation so is not always in standing pose.
Also the small saichania looks fantastic. :D

Hmmm, they say they are "educational", and whats a "Braparus"?...
I am the Dinosaur King!

terrorchicken

I just saw the dragolophosaurus and papotrodon at TRUS today. They looks about as bad as they did in the promos.

stargatedalek

Again, Papo stole that Dimetrodon too, just saying.

CityRaptor

Of course. Schleich is basically doing what Papo did, but worse.
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: terrorchicken on March 06, 2016, 08:33:02 PM
I just saw the dragolophosaurus and papotrodon at TRUS today. They looks about as bad as they did in the promos.

The glued-toegether Therivelociraptosaurus is still among their worst.

CityRaptor

As bad as the Mini Velociraptor actually being an Indominus Rex?
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 06, 2016, 11:05:57 PM
As bad as the Mini Velociraptor actually being an Indominus Rex?

Dumber. The 'beak' looks like an after thought glued to the tip of the snout of a raptor. And the claws are...odd. Again, like they stuck long claws to the fingertips of a different animal.

sauroid

they stole Papo's Dimetrodon design.
another one of Schleich's abominations is that horribly disproportioned (red) Carnotaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Sim

I find Schleich's Velociraptor figures just as terrible as their Therizinosaurus figures.  The exception is their first Velociraptor, which while still clearly an imitation of the JP characters and not a good figure, doesn't look as obnoxious as all the other Schleich Velociraptor figures.

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 07, 2016, 02:42:05 AM
So Schleich called the line "The first giants" because they think that all these animals pre-date dinosaurs?

I think that's just one of the mistakes the people talking in the video made, since Herrerasaurus, Dilophosaurus and Barapasaurus are all under that "line".

ItsTwentyBelow

I saw the new Schleich Dimetrodon and Dilophosaurus at Toysrus today, no others.

The Dimetrodon is pretty terrible, very crude finish, overly large feet. Easy pass if you've got the Papo already. Or any other Dimetrodon besides this one, really.

Same goes for the Dilopho, so freakish looking.

The Dunkleosteus is a maybe, when I see it. I can thank Dinotopia for turning me on to that beast!

The Barapasaurus is intriguing somehow...

sauroid

i might buy the Dunk,and might consider the Herrerasaurus, although it is too big.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 01, 2016, 03:49:02 PM
The Schleich Herrerasaurus is huge, considering that this dinosaur was tiny, it should be a 1: 6 scale at least.

Well in Jurassic Park they're supposed to be big, about 6 m long!

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/File:Uvs120406-002.jpg

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: