News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2016

Started by Fluffysaurus, October 14, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

We would love to see a Megalosaur, we have done a bit of work on British dinosaur fauna and there are some amazing Theropods.  It would be brilliant for Safari Ltd to add a Megalosaurus to their range.

Balaur

Really? So now how much longer do we have to wait?

@TE Matt - I believe Safari released a megalodon last year, plus it's not exclusively British, so I'm thinking Neovenator, Eotyrannus... God bless me be a Nuthetes?

ceratopsian

Thanks ED for putting together the speculative piece on what the published ad shows.  I appreciate your coming up at very short notice with something different from what you had planned !

Bucklander

Quote from: Balaur on October 20, 2015, 10:03:45 PM

@TE Matt - I believe Safari released a megalodon last year, plus it's not exclusively British, so I'm thinking Neovenator, Eotyrannus... God bless me be a Nuthetes?

I think you're a wee bit confused. Megalodon is the shark (giant tooth). Megalosaurus is the Theropod Dinosaur. It has great historical significance, being the first dino to be scientifically named and described (Rev. William Buckland 1824. See Deborah Cadbury's excellent, poignant telling of the story in "The Dinosaur Hunters").

Balaur

Oh stupid me! I thought he said megalodon.... Nevermind then! ;D

suspsy

Well, hopefully Safari won't take too much longer to reveal all.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kovu

It's totally disappointing that things didn't line up like we'd hope, but... life, right? For a last minute situation it was pretty good with some great insights. So thanks ya'll! It's much appreciated :-)

Some thoughts -
If the green dude is a Masiakasaurus, would that be the first mass-produced figure of this genus? If that's the case, right on Safari!

I'm thinking the ornithopod is Iguanodon. I'm not 100% on board with all the species being split into new genera where Iguanodon is concerned. Mantellisaurus maybe... maybe a different genera. But yeah, I'm thinking Iguanodon for this figure. I have to say I wasn't super into the purple stripes, but seeing them a bit closer, I like the black outline around them. Also... is it just me or does it have green eyes? If so, that's different!

I'm still not sold on the sauropod being a Brachytrachelopan. I'm just not seeing it...  Shuno I see.

Also, the PT ad was a two-page spread? What was on the second page?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Kovu on October 20, 2015, 10:46:59 PM
Also, the PT ad was a two-page spread? What was on the second page?
Yeah, I was just wondering the same thing. New figures of modern day wildlife perhaps?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Takama

Well im disapointed.   

Patrx

Eh, I don't mind the wait, personally. The anticipation is kind of fun. Also, great write-up, Everything_Dinosaur! The closer scans are appreciated as well. That's got to be a Masiakasaurus!

Silvanusaurus

I would love that to be a Megalosaurus! I need a Megalosaurus!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Kovu on October 20, 2015, 10:46:59 PM

Some thoughts -
If the green dude is a Masiakasaurus, would that be the first mass-produced figure of this genus? If that's the case, right on Safari!

I'm still not sold on the sauropod being a Brachytrachelopan. I'm just not seeing it...  Shuno I see.

Unless you count the Masiakasaurus from the Dinosaur Train line, ha ha.

Also I agree that that's probably a Shunosaurus. Which makes me pretty happy. If it's about the same size as their Nigersaurus, it would be about 1:40, which would make me even happier.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoLord

Guys, let's not be too hard on Safari. I'm sure they have their reason for postponing the information. As they say, hunger is the best spice.

Kovu

So, yeah! That's the first Masiakasaurus then! Word!

And yeah, I'm gonna be super stoked if that is a Shunosaurus. It's, like, my favorite sauropod and Safari no doubt is gonna knock it out of the park!

sauroid

i hope if that's really a Shunosaurus that it wont have a very sheeplike head as it appears in the image. the magnified image made the smaller theropod look like a Masiakasaurus indeed. but the large Theropod doesnt look too Megalosaurus-ish imo.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: Kovu on October 20, 2015, 11:57:08 PM
So, yeah! That's the first Masiakasaurus then! Word!

And yeah, I'm gonna be super stoked if that is a Shunosaurus. It's, like, my favorite sauropod and Safari no doubt is gonna knock it out of the park!

ITs the first Realistic Toy of the species, but there have been Resin models made of that Genus

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

If only they'd shown the tail on the sauropod! We'd know for sure it was a Shunosaurus if we could see a little club...

Takama

I can see part of the Club in these close ups,   But no one believes me ::)

PaleoMatt

Join the nuthetes gang :) I'm hoping on collecta to make a nuthetes and a troodon :D

Fluffysaurus

Thankyou for putting the article ED, it isnt what we all wanted to see.
But at least we had something fun to read. I guess we are antsy to see Safari's releases.
I just cant wait to see them revealed. And was dissapointed yesterday. Hope they Will release them soon.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: