You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

76-million-year-old extinct species of pig-snouted turtle unearthed in Utah

Started by sauroid, October 22, 2015, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

In the 250-million-year evolutionary history of turtles, scientists have seen nothing like the pig nose of a new species of extinct turtle discovered in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument by a team from the Natural History Museum of Utah.

http://phys.org/news/2015-10-million-year-old-extinct-species-pig-snouted-turtle.html#nRlv
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Well, that means that another seemingly mammalian thing has been done before.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Reminds me a bit of a Fly River or Papuan turtle, just exaggerated somewhat (and with an extra strut on the nasal bone). I'd like a figure of this guy, but given that we still don't even have a good Proganochelys, it's probably too much to hope.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 22, 2015, 03:14:54 PM
Reminds me a bit of a Fly River or Papuan turtle, just exaggerated somewhat (and with an extra strut on the nasal bone). I'd like a figure of this guy, but given that we still don't even have a good Proganochelys, it's probably too much to hope.
there's a possibility that a Japanese brand might make a figure out of this sooner or later.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on October 22, 2015, 03:29:25 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 22, 2015, 03:14:54 PM
there's a possibility that a Japanese brand might make a figure out of this sooner or later.

That'd be great! Mesozoic turtles are very neglected.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

That's right. Archelon is probably the most common one to get a toy.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.