You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: BirDan on June 17, 2016, 04:15:25 AM
Anyone heard any recent news? My Acro needs some company!

How about some "bad company"  ;)

Sorry, I couldn't help it. 

Arul

How about your opinion guys ? The feather ? the skeletal structure ? Etc

Arul

Fb user :
"3 figure in 1 diorama, how cool is that. My question is :
1. When the cerberus clan will be released ?
2. Are they sold in 1 set (consist of 3 pcs) or separately ?
3. How about their pose/gesture ? All different pose or all of them have the same pose ?

Sorry for the question i got so much hype on this figure !!! Just..perfect"

Rebor admin :
"Sold in 1 set, the names are Shoot, Tooth, Thrill (for now, pun intended), each will have its own colour scheme, bendable neck&tail(or even legs if we can get it right), articulated lower jaw and poseable arms like Wind Hunter, so yeah...prefect ;)"

Flaffy

Looks A LOT better than Wind Hunter. Might actually consider getting this one... after I get David's articulated raptors. (who wouldn't?)  ;D Hope it's not too expensive as it is sold in a set, all three. Any idea on the price?

Erwinonychus

This will be a great diorama along with tenonto and acro. Cant wait for it! Its even better then I expected

Concidering the small size, I think it will be sold for 20-30 pounds (with the profitable currency of the pound atm >:D it means 25 to 35 euro).

Flaffy

Does anyone know how big each Deinonychus will be?

MLMjp

For what I see, the primaries are atached to the second finger :)

Now that's some good stuff from Rebor!

I hate to be the first one to say this because a lot of people here are going to conplain about it, but the feet are smewhat big for what it is. Anyway it has to be one of the best feathered domaeosaur figures that I have seen. Can't wait to see it with full colours. :))

PD: the head is not as "cartoony" as it looked on the siluethes. ^-^

Flaffy

empire3569

This one looks pretty good, although I can't help but be a little disappointed by the fact that each of these will have its own color scheme. I think they would be better if they are all the same or only one was different to signify a higher social status. How does everyone else feel about the separate color schemes?

CityRaptor

Well, those are easily Rebor's best Dromaeosaurs yet...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Arul

Agreed with you MLMjp, this teaser shocked me. now i definetely buy the tenonto coprse and this figure, make the 3 parts complete (acro, corpse, and deino).

What make me curious is rebor said each figure will have different coloration also bendable neck tail and leg. Bendable, is that means we can change the pose even it have no articulation ? articulation gap sometimes looks disturbing... Im okay with different color scheme, maybe its same like sexual dimorphism on modern bird ? IMHO this is gonna be very unique figure :D

empire3569

I guess the different color schemes won't bother me if they are subtle differences; if they are drastic I may find myself posting a trade to see if I can end up with a 2:1 color ratio

Shadowknight1

Colors don't bother me.  Now my decision is whether or not to get the Tenontosaurus or just have the three Deinonychus and the Acro.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dobber

Gotta say, I'm impressed. This looks pretty darn nice and I may have to get them.  :)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

BirDan

They look fantastic! Hope they are released soon!

empire3569

One other thing I will add after looking at this figure more is that the style that the Rebor sculpter uses for feathers is a little off-putting; they just look like lines with no detail. And some of the feather lines look too long, which is more noticeable in the second pic with the tenontosaurus. It almost makes it come off like the raptors are covered in hair instead of feathers. Idk, maybe it's just because I've been used to seeing David Silva's feathered raptors the last couple months, which I think are much better than this rebor attempt

tanystropheus

Quote from: empire3569 on June 26, 2016, 02:16:02 AM
One other thing I will add after looking at this figure more is that the style that the Rebor sculpter uses for feathers is a little off-putting; they just look like lines with no detail. And some of the feather lines look too long, which is more noticeable in the second pic with the tenontosaurus. It almost makes it come off like the raptors are covered in hair instead of feathers. Idk, maybe it's just because I've been used to seeing David Silva's feathered raptors the last couple months, which I think are much better than this rebor attempt

I think that is the case with REBOR's haphazard philosophy regarding scales and scutes, as well. To be fair this model seems to have the anatomy and finger inserts done right, immediately bringing it up to the top of the list in the toy market (but not the model market). Papo is quite elegant with feathers (arrangement and texturing) but gets the inserts wrong (e.g. 2nd digit etc.)

Erwinonychus

>:( just study feathers for five minutes or so....

You have different kind of feathers, some used for insulation but mainly just for display. Some are just "hair", others used for flying.

Not to mention it's just REBOR's interpretation. If you like their style, buy them.

I think this is an excellent and fairly accurate model, and I'm really looking forward to the reveal of their colors

empire3569

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 26, 2016, 02:46:01 AM

I think that is the case with REBOR's haphazard philosophy regarding scales and scutes, as well. To be fair this model seems to have the anatomy and finger inserts done right, immediately bringing it up to the top of the list in the toy market (but not the model market). Papo is quite elegant with feathers (arrangement and texturing) but gets the inserts wrong (e.g. 2nd digit etc.)

I did notice the proper placement of the primaries, which I too was impressed with. I think the Papo model definitely has superior detail to the limited pictures we have seen about this REBOR model, even though this model appears to be the more accurate of the two

Quote from: Erwinonychus on June 26, 2016, 11:53:30 AM

>:( just study feathers for five minutes or so....

You have different kind of feathers, some used for insulation but mainly just for display. Some are just "hair", others used for flying.

Not to mention it's just REBOR's interpretation. If you like their style, buy them.

I think this is an excellent and fairly accurate model, and I'm really looking forward to the reveal of their colors

I'm quite familiar with the different types of feathers and skin integuments thank you very much, I simply stated that I personally do not like this interpretation of feathers by REBOR. I am a REBOR fan and own several of their products, but we are all allowed to speak our opinions.

Shadowknight1

If the coloration isn't too drastic, then it shouldn't be too noticeable.  After all, go out and look at a grackle or robin.  You're not gonna see detailed feathers.  And keep in mind that these are probably the same size as the Papo raptor, if not smaller.  David's brilliant work on his raptors are at least twice the size, so he can be more detailed.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: