You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Deinonychus Trio: "Cerberus Clan"

Started by joossa, November 05, 2015, 05:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Hi,

I've read the Deinonychus are a bit oversized, which is not a surprise since most compagnies underestimate their scale (I'm not blaming Rebor or anyone, this is just a statement for my next question).
Do those Deinonychus work as 1/35 Utahraptors ?
Maybe I won't have to buy that also oversized Rebor Utah...
From the previous answers on this thread, their 13cm long might not be enough since Utahraptor could reach 7 meters, but from my researches it was more 6 meters, which would mean they should be 17cm long.
However their height seems correct with 6cm, slightly above 2 meters.
So in my humble opinion, it's not perfect but they can work as Uthas, am I correct ?

Do you know if real 1/35 Deinonychus exist ?

Thx

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Carnegie Deinonychus trio are closer to 1:35 but are obviously a bit naked.

Aside from having the wrong proportions, Rebor Deinonychus would be similar size to a 1:30ish scale Utahraptor I think.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SenSx

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 21, 2021, 10:49:26 PM
The Carnegie Deinonychus trio are closer to 1:35 but are obviously a bit naked.

Aside from having the wrong proportions, Rebor Deinonychus would be similar size to a 1:30ish scale Utahraptor I think.

ok thanks for you fast answer Gothmog, I'd be fine with 1:30 Uthas.
As for the proportions issues, I can definitely live with that for now.
But if those Deinonychus are slightly bigger than they should for 1:35 Uthas, that means the Rebor Utahraptor is huge for that scale.

Smilodon P.

Quote from: SenSx on April 21, 2021, 10:27:52 PM
Do you know if real 1/35 Deinonychus exist ?

I believe that the paleo-creatures version is within the 1:35 scale (or, at least, very close). The problem is that this model has been discontinued.

About REBOR's Utahraptor size, someone would have to confirm it, but, I think it would be between 1:20 and 1:25

Halichoeres

The Kaiyodo Deinonychus is just a tiny bit large for 1:35 scale but definitely much closer than the Rebor figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.