News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 24, 2015, 12:09:39 AM
Quote from: terrorchicken on November 23, 2015, 06:14:42 PMhow about a procoptodon or diprotodon to go with the thylacine...
Mustn't forget Meiolania, the Tasmanian emu, or megalania ;)

Oh man, i'd love any one of these! Australian megafauna has always been a favorite of mine, but there's not too many good figures out there :(

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

suspsy

Don't forget Thylacoleo. For some reason I've always found it to be scarier than any sabertooth.

Ah, that's the reason:

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

crankydinosaur

I would love love LOVE to see a Barylambda, Corphyodon, Titanoides, or Pantolambda.

Pantodonta love!

triceratops83

Is the Torvosaurus really deluxe? The photo makes it look small.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SBell

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 24, 2015, 02:37:24 PM
Is the Torvosaurus really deluxe? The photo makes it look small.

It's listed at 24cm long and 12cm high, and is listed as a deluxe. Turns out, a photo with no scale is hard to reference the size!

Shonisaurus

It would be nice a very undervalued in the market Toxodon toy.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: crankydinosaur on November 24, 2015, 05:37:16 AM
I would love love LOVE to see a Barylambda, Corphyodon, Titanoides, or Pantolambda.

Pantodonta love!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on November 24, 2015, 12:39:25 AM
Don't forget Thylacoleo. For some reason I've always found it to be scarier than any sabertooth.

Ah, that's the reason:
[...]

Another of my favorite mammals. I'd love to see it in figure form.

Selfie time!

(Is NOT me).
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

suspsy

Wow, what a frightening face! Wouldn't want to see that coming out of the shadows!

And the Thylacoleo sculpture is scary too! ;)

crankydinosaur

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 24, 2015, 04:50:58 PM

I would love a Toxodon too! Also add to that list an Oxyaena and a Mesonyx.

terrorchicken

Pantodonta love!

there is a 3d print sculpter who sells a barylamba on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barylambda-1-24-scale-3d-plastic-Model-super-hard-to-find-/331705525155?hash=item4d3b30a3a3:g:QzsAAOSwHnFVrVIq

I would love a thylacoleo but not before a  thylacosmilus!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: terrorchicken on November 24, 2015, 08:54:55 PM

Pantodonta love!

there is a 3d print sculpter who sells a barylamba on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barylambda-1-24-scale-3d-plastic-Model-super-hard-to-find-/331705525155?hash=item4d3b30a3a3:g:QzsAAOSwHnFVrVIq

I would love a thylacoleo but not before a  thylacosmilus!

Thylacoleo would be ideal to be released this year. Although ... the barbourofelis is also interesting.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: suspsy on November 24, 2015, 05:38:56 PM
Wow, what a frightening face! Wouldn't want to see that coming out of the shadows!

And the Thylacoleo sculpture is scary too! ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You're right.  :))  But thats not me. Sorry.

Anyway, australian Fauna is really amazing. If someone makes a thylacoleo, I hope they take in to account the cavepaintings to desing it.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

triceratops83

Quote from: SBell on November 24, 2015, 04:29:55 PM

It's listed at 24cm long and 12cm high, and is listed as a deluxe. Turns out, a photo with no scale is hard to reference the size!

Cool. I might have to pick it up. It'll be great to have a decent megalosaur figure.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

Two more days till the final reveal. C'mon, Yi qi . . .

John

For pure wishful thinking on my part,I would love it if the mammal turned out to be Eohippus angustidens and the theropod turned out to be Ceratosaurus nasicornis (and I don't care that Safari Ltd. and Rebor have done them already!) :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Halichoeres

As long as we're wishful thinking, I want the theropod to be a Supreme Confuciusornis, and the mammal to be Repenomamus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

If we're going all out I'd like to hope "mammal" was in reference to "post dinosaur animal" and that a Meiolania is on its way! Or perhaps a Raphus, perhaps even a supreme Raphus! (or would Raphus be the theropod :P)

And if that supreme isn't the theropod than perhaps a Scansoriopteryx, the one advantage it has over Yi is that it can be life sized in the regular range. That could test the water so to speak if a vampire bird is going to sell well before making it their supreme piece.

DinoG

Wow what interesting picks all of you guys! I still vote for Ciro the scipionix samniticus let's hope a good model will eventually come out
Run!

MLMjp

Quote from: John on November 25, 2015, 02:10:05 PM
For pure wishful thinking on my part,I would love it if the mammal turned out to be Eohippus angustidens and the theropod turned out to be Ceratosaurus nasicornis (and I don't care that Safari Ltd. and Rebor have done them already!) :)
Rebor did C. dentisulcatus  :)a better choice could be the battat one

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: