News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: MLMjp on November 25, 2015, 07:49:21 PM
Quote from: John on November 25, 2015, 02:10:05 PM
For pure wishful thinking on my part,I would love it if the mammal turned out to be Eohippus angustidens and the theropod turned out to be Ceratosaurus nasicornis (and I don't care that Safari Ltd. and Rebor have done them already!) :)
Rebor did C. dentisulcatus  :)a better choice could be the battat one
Well,C. dentisulcatus is questionable as a valid species,as is C. magnicornis.But still,you get what I mean. :)
But in all honesty,I would be willing to bet that the remaining theropod to be revealed will be something small in a larger scale for the "supreme" line. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Halichoeres

Out of curiosity, have we had any confirmation that there will be a Supreme this year? The Guidraco was probably a bit of a gamble, so maybe they didn't want to follow it up with a similar gamble quite so soon. Either way, I guess we'll know in a few hours...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

It's purely an assumption at the moment. Perhaps the Supreme class will be an annual thing, or perhaps it will only be occasional. As you said, we'll find out in a mere matter of hours.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

It is less for us already know what news will come.

Perhaps another pterodactyleo, for example, and Dsungaripterus? Of illusion also lives

amargasaurus cazaui

The large Guidraco figure to my eyes is the best single idea Collecta has come up with yet....I know some of the efforts they go with are popular to different sub-sets of the hobby...i.e. corpses, (can a zombie dinosaur be far behind?) but I am truly fond of the Guidraco and hope this is the start of an annual thing. I really hope they choose to follow this particular idea...to me it is unique and quite a nice thing to offer.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 26, 2015, 06:04:07 PM
The large Guidraco figure to my eyes is the best single idea Collecta has come up with yet....I know some of the efforts they go with are popular to different sub-sets of the hobby...i.e. corpses, (can a zombie dinosaur be far behind?) but I am truly fond of the Guidraco and hope this is the start of an annual thing. I really hope they choose to follow this particular idea...to me it is unique and quite a nice thing to offer.

I hope so as well. It's the best CollectA figure I own. Heck I was so impressed I bought 5 of em'. lol

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 26, 2015, 06:58:08 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 26, 2015, 06:04:07 PM

I hope so as well. It's the best CollectA figure I own. Heck I was so impressed I bought 5 of em'. lol

Since then guidraco is one of my favorites of Collecta, but we must not forget the feathered tyrannosaurus rex 2015, the three Spinosaurus (new version), the megacerops, Pliosaurus ..... Collecta is one of my favorite companies with Safari and Papo (although these are very well-crafted and finished films but own figures).

Mr. Challenger

Well, I need to say that Collecta really blow me away this time  :o
2016 it's going to be the Collecta's year!! My poor wallet cries!!

stargatedalek

Disappointing about lack of a new supreme, tbut he Deinocheirus is lovely.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Well i'm a bit underwhelmed. The Deino is nice but smaller than Deluxe. No Supreme either :/

Overall it looks like an ornithomimid year..that's pretty cool.

suspsy

That sound you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor. :)

I too am mildly disappointed by the lack of a Supreme, but as I speculated earlier today, perhaps it'll be an off-and-on thing. I sincerely hope the Guidraco isn't the first and the last.

That Deinocheirus looks fantastic! A Deluxe size would have been nice, but this makes it less expensive and easier to store/display. Love the colour scheme. That makes three new ornithomimosaur toys! I repeat, three new ornithomimosaur toys!

Andrewsarchus is also an excellent choice! The body looks to be in keeping with pretty much all other depictions. I can't wait to add it to my menagerie! In the absence of Embolotherium, I shall pit it against the Megacerops.

Overall, I think the 2016 assortment is superb. Granted, it's not as big or as diverse as last year's, but the ornithomimosaurs alone put CollectA at the front. Gonna have to start saving those dollars! :D

Oh, and I shall also be getting the new thylacine figure. Thanks to human stupidity and callousness, it's in the same category as the rest of these magnificent animals, sadly. Or I can pretend it's Thylacinus potens.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

I just hope that CollectA can get to remakeing some of there old models for the Standard Sized line next year(2017).

What i seen for 2016 has got me tempted to collect these models again.

Shonisaurus

The Deinocheirus looks magnificent. Indeed there had been talk in the forum of the need for a new Deinocheirus updated and eventually you made. Moreover the andrewsarchus will be perhaps going to be the iconic figure of Mesonychidae or rather according to the latest related to the artidodactilos more and more related to the entelodontidos according to the latest paleontological studies statement.

But this year will be the year of the ornithomimosaurus.

SBell

I'll say more when I get my high-res pics from Anthony. But I like those models! I am impressed that they re-sculpted the Deinocheirus! Of course, they also re-sculpted the Spinosaurus this year when evidence suggested it.

And the Andrewsarchus...that may be the most imposing one ever.

Blade-of-the-Moon

first post updated with pics

tyrantqueen

Don't care about the mammal, but the Deinocheirus looks excellent :)

This ugly duckling company has grown into a beautiful swan >:D

SpartanSquat

Andrewsarchus simply magnific! The best mammal! I have to say the updated deinocheirus looks great specially with the new update of the new evidence of ratite feathers found in ornithomimosaurs.

amargasaurus cazaui

The updated deinocheirus looks like a decent sculpt, but the paint is almost like Disney gone wild or something..night grab one for a repaint however. Other than that for me it will be a great year to work on older models I have missed....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Arul

I love that andrewsarchus :D it reminds me with Warg from the lord of the ring. Well, feathered trex set is still the best i think

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: