You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Upcoming Dino Exhibit in Tokyo

Started by dgmilner, November 06, 2015, 03:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Brett writes that he's assuming a price of about 3.000 yen per figure (without guarantee).

Sizes:
Spinosaurus - L234 x W32 x H77 (mm)
Tyrannosaurus - L176 x W32 x H73 (mm)
The size doesn't include the base.

I still don't like the Kanna style too much, but for the sake of completeness, there's also going to be a third exhibition special - a Tsintaosaurus - but it won't be for sale before April.

CityRaptor

Seems that this one still has the Unicorn-Look instead of the current reconstruction.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fukuiraptor

Here are photos of some of the dino figures sold inside the venue.  On the two exclusive Kanna figures, yes they do form a diorama.  Unfortunately I only bought the Spino because I was running out of luggage space  :(

I have just posted more photos of the Spino on facebook, have a look if you are interested:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1656818241232112/1721533311427271/?notif_t=like

suspsy

Hope someone gets around to reviewing all these babies!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

postsaurischian

I'm eagerly awaiting my two Spinosaurs. I hope the Kanna figure won't break during shipping. It looks like it has that tendency :-\.

Digibasherx

50 and 40 bucks a pop, it's pretty pricy.  What's the scale on these?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 08, 2016, 04:31:01 PM
Brett writes that he's assuming a price of about 3.000 yen per figure (without guarantee).

Sizes:
The size doesn't include the base./Kanna%20Tsintaosaurus.jpg[/img][/URL]

Those sizes are for the smaller capsule figures right?  At 77 millimeters that's only just over 3" .   ???

Digibasherx

I was referring to the box sets, which are the bigger dinos.

Fukuiraptor

The box measures L10" x W7" x H5".  No stated scale on the box but the figure itself is comparable to those of Favorite in terms of size:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1656818241232112/

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 22, 2016, 03:35:29 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on March 08, 2016, 04:31:01 PM

Sizes:
The size doesn't include the base./Kanna%20Tsintaosaurus.jpg[/img][/URL]

Those sizes are for the smaller capsule figures right?  At 77 millimeters that's only just over 3" .   ???

I took the measurements from an e-mail by Brett. 77 mm height ;), the length is 234 mm.

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on March 22, 2016, 03:54:27 PM
The box measures L10" x W7" x H5".  No stated scale on the box but the figure itself is comparable to those of Favorite in terms of size:

:D Wow! that would be about 1:50. Cool! Now I understand the shipping costs.
..... "Please postmen, be gentle O:-)!"

BTW.: I don't think it's a good thing to post facebook links here.
          People who don't have an account can't watch the pics

Fukuiraptor

Just thought that people use facebook everyday but not so for DTF.  Have just posted the catalog of the Kanna figures there.  Here is a pic showing the Expo T-Rex side by side with other Capsule Q T-Rex

Fluffysaurus

Will receive the expo set really soon.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

SBell

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on March 22, 2016, 11:16:31 PM
Just thought that people use facebook everyday but not so for DTF.  Have just posted the catalog of the Kanna figures there.  Here is a pic showing the Expo T-Rex side by side with other Capsule Q T-Rex

one of those (upper left) is the Yutyrannus...

dgmilner

I've posted 78 pictures of the exhibit at https://goo.gl/photos/YsdYGjaB9cQ7jqsy9.

The exhibit will be in Fukuoka from July 9th to September 4th and Osaka from September 17th to January 9th.

Quote from: dgmilner on November 06, 2015, 03:48:45 PM
Dinosaur Expo 2016
March 8 - June 12
National Museum of Nature & Science
Tokyo, Japan
http://dino2016.jp/

Viking Spawn

Flaffy

I wish I could go and catch 'em all (the figures). Sadly, as my summer holiday starts the expo ends... :( :'(

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.