News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1.5 T-rex Buck (Lost World)

Started by Allaurasorus, November 13, 2015, 12:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allaurasorus

Hi everyone,

It is not really a model as such, but I'd like to share it with you.
This is a well known 1.5 Buck bust from the maquette molds from Stan Winston' Studio. It is a wonderful piece, however I found the details have washed out and some seem lines where really bad. I spent a long time resculpting the scales, and refining the details (1rst picture), then testing the fitting of the jaws.
Today I got the first pull out of the mold, fitted and ready to be painted, and it really looks fantastic ! The work of Winston's Studio shows up amazingly, and all the defects are gone.
The next step is the paint, which I'll start next week.
I work in a small special effect studio, and we will be selling it painted, fitted on a wooden base to hang on the wall.
I hope you'll like it !

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Allaurasorus

Hi !!!
This project took a very long time to start, but after a long time restoring the details and a few delays, I have finally started the paint job of our first piece of this amazing bust. I am hoping to have it finished by the week end.

LophoLeeVT

wow i was having noodel soup... you made me spill it!!!!!!!!(it is okay)
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

Allaurasorus

And here he is, Buck, with is complete paint job !
We hope you like it and it brings a taste of the Lost World in your day !

Rain

Great work so far, but I think the final pictures are broken

Plasticbeast95

Allaurasorus

Sorry about the pictures guys, I hope it will work this time !
Here they are again.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Allaurasorus on November 29, 2015, 09:24:28 PM
Here they are again.

Scientifically accurate or not, the TLW Rex is the best movie dinosaur I have ever seen, and you have (re)captured its likeness perfectly! :)

Allaurasorus

Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on November 29, 2015, 09:59:32 PM
Here they are again.

Scientifically accurate or not, the TLW Rex is the best movie dinosaur I have ever seen, and you have (re)captured its likeness perfectly! :)

Thanks a lot !

Shuvuuia

That looks amazing! Really great work.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Allaurasorus on November 29, 2015, 10:11:42 PM
Here they are again.

Thanks a lot !

You are most welcome, BTW, where are you going to display him?

Allaurasorus

Quote from: Plasticbeast95 on November 29, 2015, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: Allaurasorus on November 29, 2015, 10:11:42 PM
Here they are again.

Thanks a lot !

You are most welcome, BTW, where are you going to display him?

This one might be going to a new home for review on a well know dinosaur review youtube channel.
However as we are making them to the order, I will make one for myself. We do custom bases and I think mine will definitely be a leafy one as if he was bursting out of the forest.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Looks great! I think I know which YouTube channel you're talking about ;), can't wait to see it reviewed there, if that's where it ends up.

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

LophoLeeVT

Viking Spawn

Wowsers!  That is some fantastic work!!! :)

Allaurasorus

Quote from: Viking Spawn on November 30, 2015, 05:28:25 PM
Wowsers!  That is some fantastic work!!! :)

Thank you !!! We have added the base to this one, and he is on his way home today !

LophoLeeVT

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: