News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dan's Dinosaurs [ DTF Exclusive Offers ]

Started by Dan, March 13, 2012, 10:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

It looks well detailed and Martin's buildup is excellent. But it's in 1/15 and only 8" ? Is that a typo ?  I have to admit I don't think I've ever heard of this species so maybe it's not. Would make a nice pet dino in 1/1 if you didn't accidentally set on it.. lol :)

Takama

Isent this the oldest known Ankylosaurid?   Acording to my books, it lived during the Late Jurrasic.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 24, 2012, 04:17:23 PM
It looks well detailed and Martin's buildup is excellent. But it's in 1/15 and only 8" ? Is that a typo ?  I have to admit I don't think I've ever heard of this species so maybe it's not. Would make a nice pet dino in 1/1 if you didn't accidentally set on it.. lol :)

It's funny how a 10-foot-long dinosaur sounds so small, when pretty much anything that size these days would be cause for alarm!

Dan

Yes, unique species were a big focus for the launch of the line. One of the great things about these projects is that you can learn so much along the way, this primitive little ankylosaur being a perfect example. Of course, it also helps if your species has a really awesome name.

SBell

Quote from: Dan on November 24, 2012, 06:09:27 PM
Yes, unique species were a big focus for the launch of the line. One of the great things about these projects is that you can learn so much along the way, this primitive little ankylosaur being a perfect example. Of course, it also helps if your species has a really awesome name.

So Gojirasaurus is next then? ;D

Dan

I daresay it will be something even cooler, in both name and form.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on November 24, 2012, 05:22:58 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 24, 2012, 04:17:23 PM

It's funny how a 10-foot-long dinosaur sounds so small, when pretty much anything that size these days would be cause for alarm!

lol I know right ?  In 1/1 that would be awesome. I guess it just sounds small to me...especially when I think of some of Shane's other 1/15 pieces .

Quote from: SBell on November 24, 2012, 06:33:35 PM
Quote from: Dan on November 24, 2012, 06:09:27 PM

So Gojirasaurus is next then? ;D

Ooh..that could be cool !  Or a 1/1 bust of Daemonosaurus ? ;D

Dan

Been a while since the last update!

Famed paleoartist Tony McVey has partnered with Dan's Dinosaurs to release an all-new line of resin kits. The premiere begins with this 1:6 Deinonychus, which Tony has crafted as a "bald" raptor, enabling the artist to add plumage to their heart's content. He calls this piece "Birdwatcher". Keep an eye out for Mike Fredericks' review of this model in a future issue of Prehistoric Times magazine.

It is a thrill and honor to welcome this great artist back into resin kit community. I've promised not to share details of Tony's plans for the next pieces, but it goes without saying, this will be a project to watch.

Some great new releases coming in today, including the highly anticipated Papo Carnotaurus.

More cool stuff is on the way, as always. The latest release in the Dan's Dinosaurs exclusive model series is expected to be ready before the month is out.

Simon

Dang Dan - I remember when you were just starting out - and now you are commissioning Tony McVey???? ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations!!!  Tony is one of my faves, and his charging TRex is the best ever ....

Blade-of-the-Moon

The folks over at JPL have looking this piece over..with high end JP items so scarce it would really make a great build of a JP Raptor as is.

0onarcissisto0

I'm just really hoping Tony will consider re-releasing his Carnotaurus preying on sauropod kit. Man, have I wanted that one for the longest time!!!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on March 06, 2013, 04:53:01 PM
I'm just really hoping Tony will consider re-releasing his Carnotaurus preying on sauropod kit. Man, have I wanted that one for the longest time!!!

Your not the only one !

My Sideshow Carnotaurus is the tops really for me..but if that kit were available again I'd pounce on it anyway.  I think it would be the first one I'd have done in faux bronze.

Dan

It's possible I dashed the hopes of some people who read the thread title too quickly, as it contains both "McVey" and "Carnotaurus". That piece, along with the other works that Tony has done, are no longer in production. He has informed me they won't be coming back. Not to worry though, as I believe these new creations will be even better.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dan on March 08, 2013, 04:28:34 AM
It's possible I dashed the hopes of some people who read the thread title too quickly, as it contains both "McVey" and "Carnotaurus". That piece, along with the other works that Tony has done, are no longer in production. He has informed me they won't be coming back. Not to worry though, as I believe these new creations will be even better.

That's cool. Maybe he could just resculpt the whole thing and call it " V.2 " lol  ^-^

There are so many awesome pieces he created years ago I couldn't buy then and wish I could have, I'm hoping for a piece as awesome as his Sideshow Spinosaurus now..way to go raising my hopes Dan..  ;D

Dan

tyrantqueen

Wow, even Sean Cooper has jumped on the Diabolical bandwagon ;)

Looks amazing... :o

0onarcissisto0

Ooooh, I didn't know about this at all. Tempting..........

- DK -

0onarcissisto0

- DK -

Dan

I should clarify the Diabloceratops is the fourth release in the Dan's Dinosaurs exclusive model line. I tend to keep these pieces a secret until they are completely ready, so if this is the first you've heard of it, it means I was successful.  :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: