News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: Scout Series

Started by joossa, November 30, 2015, 01:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 23, 2016, 10:42:53 PM
Real-life baby animals tend to look exaggerated and 'stylized'.

Rebor is applying neotony to their sculpts :)

Shadowknight1

Not too sold on the baby raptors.  Considering how good the Trike and Stego are, I had high hopes.  But the Utahraptor just seems silly sittin there on its butt, and "Stan" is...I dunno, that's the most boring pose I've ever seen for a static figure.  If it had arm and leg articulation, I'd forgive it a little, but it's just boring.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 24, 2016, 12:12:58 PM
Not too sold on the baby raptors.  Considering how good the Trike and Stego are, I had high hopes.  But the Utahraptor just seems silly sittin there on its butt, and "Stan" is...I dunno, that's the most boring pose I've ever seen for a static figure.  If it had arm and leg articulation, I'd forgive it a little, but it's just boring.

Yeah... kind of looks like Stan just got done jogging and he's like, "OK, I'm over it." Breeze looks OK as well. The herbivores were definitely the better ones.

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 24, 2016, 10:03:50 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on May 23, 2016, 10:42:53 PM
Real-life baby animals tend to look exaggerated and 'stylized'.

Rebor is applying neotony to their sculpts :)

Thanks! I was looking for the right term for that. Neotony.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victoria B on May 24, 2016, 08:22:54 PM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 24, 2016, 12:12:58 PM

Yeah... kind of looks like Stan just got done jogging and he's like, "OK, I'm over it." Breeze looks OK as well. The herbivores were definitely the better ones.

Imagine placing Stan in the middle of the 'Bad Company' set  >:D

empire3569

The raptor infants are definitely a step down from the previous two. I am still planning on picking up the Stegosaurus but these two are an easy pass. I hope the next two are T-rex and Acrocanthosaurus! A little Rexy would be perfect!

Erwinonychus

Just recieved three out of the four models from the scout series.

Melon is an awesome figure, and the most exiting one I recieved today.

Hazelnut is also great. It fits perfectly into the fallen queen diorama. Great addition

Breeze is the third one I got. I like the scale of the figure(its really tiny), but I don't like the color. It's to light in comparison with the adult Utahraptor. But because it is a cheap model I bought it anyway.

Now looking forward to some of their parents (I really want that adult Stegosaur and King Trident)

Derek.McManus

I ordered three of the Scout series figures today one for me and two as gifts...I'll let you know what I think when they arrive!

Shonisaurus

The Rebor utahraptor seems a humanized baby. The Scot Series line does not convince me.

Furthermore unfortunately one exception Rebor figures are mere copies of movies and figures are not palaeontologically correct.

That does not mean they are very detailed figures, but I also appreciate paleontological accuracy in figures but not cease to be mere toys intended for children.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 30, 2016, 07:44:42 PM
The Rebor utahraptor seems a humanized baby. The Scot Series line does not convince me.

Furthermore unfortunately one exception Rebor figures are mere copies of movies and figures are not palaeontologically correct.

That does not mean they are very detailed figures, but I also appreciate paleontological accuracy in figures but not cease to be mere toys intended for children.

What is the one exception?

stargatedalek

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 30, 2016, 07:44:42 PM

Scout Utahraptor seems to clash with the parent as far as the color is concerned. While it is possible for juvenile and adult to express different shades of grey, Breeze doesn't  seem to fit in the line, altogether. The color is reminiscent of Wild Safari. It could be the lighting - I will give the model a benefit of a doubt.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 30, 2016, 10:20:45 PM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on June 30, 2016, 08:00:05 PMWhat is the one exception?
I would assume the Dimorphodon.

Exactly what I meant those figures, being extremely positive and kind to Rebor.

Derek.McManus

Quote from: Derek.McManus on June 30, 2016, 07:06:49 PM
I ordered three of the Scout series figures today one for me and two as gifts...I'll let you know what I think when they arrive!

The package arrived this morning, very swift service from Everything Dinosaur well packed and the fact sheets are a nice touch. I ordered Melon the baby Stegosaurs and the two raptors which are gifts so I won't be opening them.

The package is nice with a photo on the front and an advert for Hazelnut the baby triceratops on the rear, the model and base are contained in a clear two part plastic inner.

The actual figure is fine with no stability issues but has a few mould lines on the feet, base of tail and thagomizer which are slightly disappointing. The scenic base is a nice touch. This is my first Rebor figure and I am quite pleased with it but must add the caveat that I simply buy models that I like the look off.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.