You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

hopeful future collector/paleoartist!

Started by antorbitalfenestrae, November 30, 2015, 08:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antorbitalfenestrae

I just made an account last night, and wanted to say hi all!

my story: I've had this guy for 8 or 9 years, picked him up in the YPM gift shop (still my favorite museum) but since the base broke off I forgot the company/series name. Yesterday I decided to find out again, and after looking through galleries of Kaiyodo Dinotales figurines I realized that I needed all of them, and I'm sure it's going to be all downhill from here...

I also like to do dinosaur art--

(detail of Tyrannosaurus drawing for art class)

(Utahraptor/dromeaosaur doodle from the other day)

Anyone have any advice on getting involved and collecting and generally having a good time on the forums?

Newt

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I'm actually a pretty subpar collector (I have, like, 10 dinosaur figures), so I can't give you any advice there. Except that you don't have to be a super-collector to have fun here!

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Welcome to the forum antorbitalfenestrae! I think you'll find this is one of the best forums out there, with lots of kind and like minded people. As for collecting, just give it a little time, soon you'll be hard pressed to find enough room to house your collection ;D I started out on this forum just looking around the classifieds and at some of the customized figures, that's something that i've found to be rather unique to this forum, we have some very talented people. Hope to see you around here soon :)

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Kayakasaurus

Welcome to the forum! My favorite part about this site is the many forms of Paleoart. My style of collecting is searching Goodwill and ValueVillage, I've found many Safaris and even a few Battats and Invictas.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

antorbitalfenestrae

thanks everyone! What's the best way to put paleoart on here-- I've seen people have "paleoart threads" and I don't know if it's ... i don't know proper forum etiquette to make one as a newbie?

Newt

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: antorbitalfenestrae on November 30, 2015, 10:44:33 PM
thanks everyone! What's the best way to put paleoart on here-- I've seen people have "paleoart threads" and I don't know if it's ... i don't know proper forum etiquette to make one as a newbie?

Post it in the dinosaur art thread, that's where most of the paleoart is.
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

DinoLord

Welcome to the forum! We have lots of different threads discussing a variety of topics, from various dinosaur toy lines to paleoart to paleontology. I'm sure you'll find some to your liking.

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

laticauda

Hello and welcome to the DTF.  This is amazing site with great artists and people.  You can post your art under the dinosaur art tab, join a current thread or start a new thread, either way, welcome aboard.   :)

Tyto_Theropod

Hello and welcome to the forum! Firstly, your drawings are amazing.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum. My best advice for getting started is to browse around the topics that interest you. By all means have your say in threads, post photos and put up your art, because this is a very nice site and there are very few nasty comments. You might even get some constructive crit to help you improve. However, remember to let other people have their say and pay attention to their side of the discussion, too. Most of all, though, have fun! :D
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.