News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Price of Rare Figures on the Web

Started by RobinGoodfellow, December 12, 2015, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

A rare "Oldies" sold for 107£ + shipping ( 138 USD): not cheap but also quite reasonable..

:)

Digibasherx

What's a Battat Snowshoe Rex go for these days?  I saw one a while back going for $75 (BIN) that quickly disappeared, and I know they've gone for higher previously.  How rare are they, and what would a decent one go for?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Digibasherx on September 06, 2018, 09:17:23 PM
What's a Battat Snowshoe Rex go for these days?  I saw one a while back going for $75 (BIN) that quickly disappeared, and I know they've gone for higher previously.  How rare are they, and what would a decent one go for?

The products even the resin or PVC figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals if they are rare become very expensive. It is like comparing the price of gold or of a precious stone they are expensive because they are rare and metaphorically rare the dinosaurs of Battat, Play Visions, Favorite (resin dinosaurs) become very expensive due to the shortage of the product.

I think this is the reason.

SidB

I acquired a v. 2 (snowshoe) for about $140 in mint condition about a couple of years ago; the v. 3 ( same as the Terra version, but different paint job) at about the same time for $75 and another this year for $3.99 at Value Village!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on September 07, 2018, 03:35:30 AM
I acquired a v. 2 (snowshoe) for about $140 in mint condition about a couple of years ago; the v. 3 ( same as the Terra version, but different paint job) at about the same time for $75 and another this year for $3.99 at Value Village!

By the way, for only $ 3.99 a Tyrannosaurus rex from Battat? That is a bargain. I am happy for you to me my tyrannosaurus with snowshoe feet cost me for a pretty high price.

Digibasherx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 07, 2018, 12:52:08 PM
Quote from: SidB on September 07, 2018, 03:35:30 AM

By the way, for only $ 3.99 a Tyrannosaurus rex from Battat? That is a bargain. I am happy for you to me my tyrannosaurus with snowshoe feet cost me for a pretty high price.

I paid 30 for a lot which included the rex.

RobinGoodfellow

Two days ago an Invicta Lambeosaurus was sold for GBP 205 (Euro 239/ USD 270) with 28 bids on Ebay ...  :o

-

Shonisaurus

And to think that I bought it in its day for three hundred pesetas along with the baryonyx of Invicta, (I do not know exactly how much it will now be in euros) I think that price is disproportionate.

BrontoScorpio

I think it's the best made of all Invicta's -
also the most detailed and expressionable.
Of course it is the rarest.
I think someone just got too eager ... :)
so I congratulate our DTF member seller.

I have a herd of 3 - mayble I'll trade the two spares ...

CityRaptor

And to think that I got mine for 1 Euro ( and 4 Euros shopping ), alongside the Stegosaurus and the Carnegie Protoceratops ( and some bycatch ) a few years ago.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BRONSON

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 04, 2019, 11:52:56 AM

Two days ago an Invicta Lambeosaurus was sold for GBP 205 (Euro 239/ USD 270) with 28 bids on Ebay ...  :o

-

lol I just stuck a picture of mine on today, I think I got the whole set too, except for the troodon which I didnt want at the time as it was a different scale, blimey what would my whole collection be worth.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 04, 2019, 09:14:52 PM
And to think that I got mine for 1 Euro ( and 4 Euros shopping ), alongside the Stegosaurus and the Carnegie Protoceratops ( and some bycatch ) a few years ago.

Years ago lots of now-rare figures were more common.
And lots of figures that are common now will be rare in some years.
Years ago I bought lots of models now hard to find.
Nothing new...  ;)

stegosauria

Just out of curiosity how much costs today a Play Vision prehistoric mammal?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: stegosauria on March 05, 2019, 09:11:24 AM
Just out of curiosity how much costs today a Play Vision prehistoric mammal?

Last auctions I saw:

Shonisaurus

Fortunately these two figures I have thanks to UK but I bid for both auctions shown, are rare figures mammals (uintatherium and andrewsarchus) of Play Visions, but more rare are the palorchestes and the smilodon of Play Visions (large size). Those two are two impossible grail saints (at least for me to find).

stegosauria

If Play Visions' prices can get that high then I am more perplexed why nobody else noticed this auction from the same seller as the Invicta Lambeosaurus.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Play-Vision-Uintatherium-Prehistoric-Animal-Figure-Dinosaur/254137353956?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2748.l2649

Shonisaurus

S @stegosauria Although it is a fabulously low price for a Play Visions mammal I get the impression that it is uintatherium Play Visions small model. That is one of the reasons why the price is low, even so it is usually much more expensive an individual figure of prehistoric mammal or prehistoric amphibian of the Play Visions brand.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: stegosauria on March 05, 2019, 11:27:57 AM
If Play Visions' prices can get that high then I am more perplexed why nobody else noticed this auction from the same seller as the Invicta Lambeosaurus.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Play-Vision-Uintatherium-Prehistoric-Animal-Figure-Dinosaur/254137353956?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2748.l2649

That figure was from the "mini" set:

It's rare too but it's even less requested by collectors...
:)

Shonisaurus

Who could get the palorchestes and smilodon in big size! They are two of my most sought after pieces, but I doubt I will find them one day. :(

CityRaptor

Check out this Kleinwelka Iguanodon:

I wonder how much the two ones currently on eBay will go for, especially the blue one...

Not your usual dinosaur toy, but that's expensive, too:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: