News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Sculpts from Blue Dinos

Started by Redonix76, December 24, 2015, 12:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinier zwanink

Well said Redonix
Its a lot of work making something like this and the hours will never pay back in money
But the fun of making something from nothing is so much fun thats itpays back more over in fun than money
In the past i build tanks and sorts of witch some became a kit
And it is so much fun see them get build

Keep up the good work

Takama

Hi   Here is an idea i had for a Bases in your Collection of full sculpts

The base is Painted Red and made of Resin and on the base is the name of the Dinosaur.   

Dilopho

Have you ever considered doing replicas of "famous" dinosaur fossil pieces?
I don't own any of your models, but from the pictures, they are AMAZING, and the Megalodon tooth is really realistic!
There are many famous fossil pieces, like Baryonyx claws, Deinonychus claws, Velociraptor claws, Tyrannosaurus teeth...Oviraptor eggs? Some are easy to find for real, like Mosasaur and Spinosaurus teeth but the ones I listed deserve good replicas!
I'm just offering this as a suggestion because I understand you have to do all this yourself, it must be very hard! Boy, there are extremely talented sculptors on this forum! Redonix76, Kayakasaurus, Jetoar...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dilopho on February 09, 2016, 05:18:15 PM
Have you ever considered doing replicas of "famous" dinosaur fossil pieces?
I don't own any of your models, but from the pictures, they are AMAZING, and the Megalodon tooth is really realistic!
There are many famous fossil pieces, like Baryonyx claws, Deinonychus claws, Velociraptor claws, Tyrannosaurus teeth...Oviraptor eggs? Some are easy to find for real, like Mosasaur and Spinosaurus teeth but the ones I listed deserve good replicas!
I'm just offering this as a suggestion because I understand you have to do all this yourself, it must be very hard! Boy, there are extremely talented sculptors on this forum! Redonix76, Kayakasaurus, Jetoar...

A lot of those are replicas that are already made and you get just about anywhere..online at least.

You could do scenes, like Mary Anning and the Icthyosaur or the party in the Iguanodon. But your getting into very niche territory.

Takama

I used that Skeleton because its the only thing i could use as a model for my over head view of my Model and base idea.

I like the way he can make fancy bases out of resin.

He said he can take commissions

Would any of you be interested in the following?

Yangchuanosaurus

Goyocephale

Compsognathus

All in 1:30 Scale(yes evean the Compy) 

DinoLord

I'd be interested in a Yangchuanosaurus, though personally I prefer either 1:35-40 or 1:20 scale.

Takama

Im sorry to disapoint, but i think 1:30 is the best scale for most Dinosaurs. Besides thats the scale his full body Regeliceratops will be in.

Yangchuanosaurus will be the first model i will have him do.   At 1:30 it will be 14 inches long.   I sent a load of references to him about the Skull of the animal, and gave him a rough idea of what i want in the model.

I also will have him do simple But fancy bases like the One i made in my concept image.   That red base is suposed to be mahogany colored resin, with the Dinosaurs name printed on it
It was going to be a one of a kind piece, but i would like to review models on the Blog, and Dr Admin Stated that One of a Kind models are not allowed on the Blog.

DinoLord

I'm not that much of a stickler for scale, so I'd welcome a Yangchuanosaurus model either way. Which species do you have in mind - Y. shangyouensis?

Also I like your base idea - reminds me of the Dinostoreus/Kinto Favorite desktop aesthetic. That being said I'm also a fan of 'diorama' type bases too with sculpted terrain. Some models (like some of the Kinto desktop dioramas) incorporate both, with a natural scene (ground included) resting on top of a more traditional mahogany base with a name plate. But I'm a fan of any type of base really - they resolve balance issues without having to sacrifice anatomical integrity for balance.

Takama

It will be based on whatever species Y.Mangus is synomonized with now.

I came up with 14 inches based on the largest estimate i could find 10.8 meters.

Takama

These are the photos i sent to him

Posed simalar to this

But with the mouth not opend as wide.

With a body like this

With the crests being prominat like this

And here is a Skull study i found for him

Redonix76

Hey guys!!

Sorry been out lagging behind on the forum. Been busy getting some casts done for a local collectors store. They will be carrying some of my sculpts and are interested in commissioning me for some personal movie monster sculpts...so that's a good thing!

Also some exciting news, I will be working with Martin Garratt for a paint up for my Regaliceratops bust. I have no doubt that he'll be a much better job than me lol! From this point I will more than likely have him paint my full body sculpts in the near future! To keep the pricing down, I will be using his paint-ups as a master and I will duplicate myself it to sell...unless someone really wants to pay for Martins actual work which includes 2 way shipping and his time...could get more expensive than you'd like.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted!!

Takama

So you will be sending your models to Martian Garret for Painting instead of by you?

Alright if you just paint my models i commission or the ones i would like?

I cant afford two way shipping to and from the UK without knowing a set in stone price.

I also cannot pay Martian that easily, as i dont have paypal like the majority of people here, and have to rely on a third party.

Redonix76

Hey Takama, dont worry about it man. Original paints from Martin will interest people who can afford to pay for his awesome work. As for me, I'll be using Martin's master paint-up as a template for me to duplicate. My dino paint design skills are still developing since I'm totally new to it. But having Martin's masters as a guide, it'll help me out tremendously.

Takama

What i seen of your work on painted models impresses me.   Your Carnotarus busts look realistic when painted

Takama

I been thinking of haveing him do the bases in Matte Black instead of Red. and having a Flatspace with the name of the Dinosaur on the side of it like this

Blade-of-the-Moon

That kind of base is pretty easy to get ahold of..i would make them optional if at all so as to keep costs down.

Takama

Well He said he can make them optional.   Or i can just Commission them for my own copys of the models

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 12, 2016, 02:19:54 AM
Well He said he can make them optional.   Or i can just Commission them for my own copys of the models

Optional works fine, at least where the quadrupeds are concerned.  Bipeds on the other hand...

Takama

Hes doing two options for bases as well.   He can do Fancy or Diorama Style that most model makers do

amargasaurus cazaui

SO bottom line is the Regal bust availible yet, can it be ordered unpainted etc/......did I miss the details?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: