News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

With the success of JURASSIC WORLD, I wonder if a Papo Mosasaurus is in the future.

Saurox

They already have a mosasaur in the tylosaurus.

dragon53

MASAKIRA:

I mean a Mosasaurus that's correct.

oscars_dinos

I think papo is trying to distance themselves from the jp franchise but oh my god would a jw inspired mosausar be awesome

Viking Spawn

I never liked Papo's Tylosaurus.  I always get a stiff neck looking at its pose if you know what I mean?!

A new model (for example, comparing their new Mammoth to their original Steppe Mammoth) would be refreshing in this case. 

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Victoria B on August 05, 2015, 10:52:14 PM
Hey guys,

I got a second Allosaurus (both came from 88 Market Street on Amazon), and the colors are different. My original one (with the tags removed) has a darker, more grey looking paint scheme. The newer one is more colorful with more vibrant greens and oranges. Also, the old one has a two-piece clear stand while the new one has a single piece stand. Is this a common variation with the Allo? I think both are nice but I like my newer, more colorful one better. Oh, and it stands very well compared to my first one!

We were talking about there being a allo v2 not to long ago and I just found this old post so I guess its official that there is a v2 allo

Viking Spawn

As with mine, you can see an obvious difference in the two figures.  Victoria happens to be a great reviewer too! 

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 16, 2016, 05:33:16 PM
As with mine, you can see an obvious difference in the two figures.  Victoria happens to be a great reviewer too!

No don't get me wrong I have been looking at your gallery more (good pics by the way) and I have been seeing the differences in paint but i just saw that another person acknowledged the different variant so both of your guys pictures are really making me considering on getting a new allo

Viking Spawn

I'm not offended.  Glad you can use my pics as reference.  Both variants do stand apart when next to one another on a shelf! 

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 16, 2016, 07:38:56 PM
I'm not offended.  Glad you can use my pics as reference.  Both variants do stand apart when next to one another on a shelf!

And that is why I shall be getting the new variant :D

dragon53

The bottom line for any company is to sell a lot of its products and increase profits. I think a Papo Mosasaurus would be a great seller with collectors---especially while the popularity of JURASSIC WORLD is still strong.
Papo's Tylosaurus needs a chiropractor. ;)

Victoria's Cantina

Why thank you, VS!

terrorchicken

Id like to see howd theyd do a terror bird. Would they take inspiration from WWPB? or the one from Primeval? But it looks like they arent interested in expanding their non-dino line much.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on January 17, 2016, 07:27:00 AM

Why thank you, VS!

And you are very welcome!  It is what it is!  ;)

Saurox

Would you happen to have a link?

Viking Spawn

Quote from: masakira on January 17, 2016, 11:43:17 PM

Would you happen to have a link?

Here you go!  As you will see, she reviews a good number of things!  :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/VictoriasCantina

oscars_dinos

@Viking Spawn I see my self agreeing with your opinion on the discussion of paint variants and the qualifications for them so I wanted to get your opinion on a new raptor I got compared to my old one (there both version 2)

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/oscardvaldes/media/FullSizeRender%20copy_zpsnhch5odj.jpg.html?filters=144471701&filters=1&sort=1&o=2

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/oscardvaldes/media/FullSizeRender%20copy%203_zpseubtudue.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

The picture's may not be the best but the black and white are ALOT more present and bold in the newer figure

Viking Spawn

How interesting.  I'd love to see more comparison photos of these!

It appears they are indeed variants.  Something I'll have to watch for in my searches and thank you enlightening me to this one.  There is an obvious difference no doubt!  Which of the two is the newer one?  (I'll guess and say the version with the bolder highlights is the newer one?  Am I correct?)

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 18, 2016, 02:44:21 PM
How interesting.  I'd love to see more comparison photos of these!

It appears they are indeed variants.  Something I'll have to watch for in my searches and thank you enlightening me to this one.  There is an obvious difference no doubt!  Which of the two is the newer one?  (I'll guess and say the version with the bolder highlights is the newer one?  Am I correct?)

No problem :)) And yes, you are correct the bolder one is newer (got it this Christmas) heres some more photos (sorry there not as good as yours)

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/oscardvaldes/library/?view=recent&page=1

Viking Spawn

Thank you!  Yes, those additional images clearly show their differences even more.  From the previous photos, the colors themselves seemed a little different and I was right!

Good job at pointing out yet another cool variant!  I will use your photos as reference for when I hunt these down for myself!  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: