News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 27, 2016, 07:08:46 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on January 27, 2016, 06:31:14 PM
we need a company to make a leaping prehistoric croc to complement the baryonyx pose...or maybe use Papo's leaping extant croc.

I think they should have made a Sarcosuchus instead of a Kaprosuchus! Not that I dislike their Kaprosuchus, but there's already a good one on the market, and the existing Sarcosuchus figures are pretty weak.

That would have been awesome.

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: Victoria B on January 27, 2016, 09:00:07 AM
Dan's Dinosaurs has the 2015 Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor repaints that were previously only officially released in Canada and Europe!  ;D ;D ;D

I totally got my order in the moment I saw them. So happy! (And ultimately, it's not such a bad thing the set I ordered from Korea was lost in transit since I saved ordering from Dan.)

Wait, Canada received a product before the States did?! Wow, we're moving up in the world.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

oscars_dinos

Dan's Dinosaurs has the 2015 Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor repaints that were previously only officially released in Canada and Europe!  ;D ;D ;D

I totally got my order in the moment I saw them. So happy! (And ultimately, it's not such a bad thing the set I ordered from Korea was lost in transit since I saved ordering from Dan.)

....so I payed all that money on ebay for nothing.... -____-

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: imnewhere on January 28, 2016, 12:31:52 AM

Not for nothing. You got your dinosaurs, right? After shipping I only saved about $9 from what they would have cost me on Ebay.

Saurox

I'm just glad I live in England so that I could get the set for 19.99. Dan's Dinosaurs charge as much for the P&P as they do for the figurines if you're ordering from the UK.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Victoria B on January 28, 2016, 05:19:03 AM
Quote from: imnewhere on January 28, 2016, 12:31:52 AM

Not for nothing. You got your dinosaurs, right? After shipping I only saved about $9 from what they would have cost me on Ebay.

true true ....and it was worth the money  :) :) :)

Victoria's Cantina

Just got these two in from Dan's Dinos!

Viking Spawn

Congrats Victoria!  And nice pic BTW too.  :)

Saurox

Quote from: Victoria B on February 03, 2016, 02:14:28 AM

Amongst all the excitement of the new arrivals for 2016 I had forgotten how beautiful these two figurines were. I had gotten mine back in September and maybe didn't appreciate them as much as I should have done.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: masakira on February 03, 2016, 08:13:16 PM

Amongst all the excitement of the new arrivals for 2016 I had forgotten how beautiful these two figurines were. I had gotten mine back in September and maybe didn't appreciate them as much as I should have done.

Oh I think they're delightful! The Velociraptor is nice, but I'm especially fond of the T-Rex.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Victoria B on February 03, 2016, 11:19:37 PM
Quote from: masakira on February 03, 2016, 08:13:16 PM

Oh I think they're delightful! The Velociraptor is nice, but I'm especially fond of the T-Rex.

I have the opposite opinion I love the raptor paint scheme more than the rex's. Still love them both
by the way great reviews on you youtube channel Victoria B ;) ;)

JurassicGeek09

Pronated wrists look silly, but now that I take a good long look at it, they look especially bad on the Papo Raptor. They look like they're practically drooping.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

stargatedalek

I was originally tempted by those two but the black spots on the raptors jaws turned me off.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: imnewhere on February 05, 2016, 05:19:45 PMI have the opposite opinion I love the raptor paint scheme more than the rex's. Still love them both
by the way great reviews on you youtube channel Victoria B ;) ;)

Thank you! Always appreciate hearing the kind words.

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 05, 2016, 10:41:18 PM
I was originally tempted by those two but the black spots on the raptors jaws turned me off.

I admit they are a bit weird, but I feel like they add a more birdlike quality to it.

JurassicGeek09

Great, now I can't unsee. Thanks a lot, lol.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on February 06, 2016, 12:26:26 AM

Great, now I can't unsee. Thanks a lot, lol.

I actually quite like them, it took a while but they grew on me

oscars_dinos

I don't think i'd call it an ''unofficial official'' or ''new variant'' more instead just something interesting 

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/oscardvaldes/media/FullSizeRender%20copy%203_zpscruu1vew.jpg.html

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/oscardvaldes/media/FullSizeRender_zpsd42bfcpr.jpg.html

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/oscardvaldes/media/FullSizeRender%20copy_zpsemvuoxqc.jpg.html

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/oscardvaldes/media/FullSizeRender%20copy%202_zpszuo2uyyp.jpg.html

The one on the left is the rainbow rex I got in Canada, this one seems to be a bit lighter and the purple stripe seems to be very faded
The one on the right is the one I got in Korea and appears to be slightly darker than the its Canadian brother while also having a much more pronounced purple stripe, theres also some pretty obvious differences in the leg stripes

Saurox

[ i m g] http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/masakira/Dinos/new%20papo_zpsabovbhyr.jpg [ / i m g ]

size comparison (via Everything dinosaur Facebook page)

Dilopho

Quote from: masakira on February 07, 2016, 11:08:30 PM

Hmm, that seam looks a bit noticeable but so far, it looks really, really good! I mean, papo are known to have a problem with seams on their dinosaurs. At least they didn't choose to do what they did with their Allosaurus and change paint colours ON the seam to make it even more noticeable!

Saurox

Quote from: Dilopho on February 08, 2016, 03:37:38 PM
Quote from: masakira on February 07, 2016, 11:08:30 PM

Hmm, that seam looks a bit noticeable but so far, it looks really, really good! I mean, papo are known to have a problem with seams on their dinosaurs. At least they didn't choose to do what they did with their Allosaurus and change paint colours ON the seam to make it even more noticeable!

It's one of the few real misgivings I have with the Feathered Velociraptor that seam.  :-\

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: