News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 09, 2012, 08:04:28 AM
Quote from: JurassicJr on July 09, 2012, 07:50:45 AM
I'd also like to see Papo make more Jurassic Park inspired Dinosaurs especially a Gallimimus.

Definitely would like to  see a ornithomimid by Papo of some sort.

Yes. I'd also just like to see more ornithomimids in general. The most recent ones are CollectA's Deinocheirus and Struthiomimus; the former is highly speculative and the latter is dead, so I'm not sure that they really count.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Roselaar

Quote from: Brontozaurus on July 10, 2012, 02:51:22 PM
the latter is dead

'The only dead Struthiomimus isn't a good Struthiomimus'?  :P

Takama

Ok I am still a delima if i should relly get the repaint/retool/resculpt of the older(which I call the Egg laying) T-Rex.

so I opened a poll to solve it once and for all

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on July 18, 2012, 04:27:06 AM
Ok I am still a delima if i should relly get the repaint/retool/resculpt of the older(which I call the Egg laying) T-Rex.

so I opened a poll to solve it once and for all

If you want a more detailed and accurate version of the original I would go for it.

Meso-Cenozoic

Just posted these in the Classified eBay thread. But since they're up in a couple days, I thought I'd also post them here too.  8)

WOW! $0.99 Papo Spino!!

And WOW again! $0.99 Original Papo Rex!

BTW, great thread! I'm also a Papo fan. For toy figures, their detail has simply not been matched yet. I have all the dinos (Brachio soon!) and the flying and marine reptiles too. I'm not as big a collector of prehistoric mammals, I only have a few, but I'll probably end up getting them as well one day too. It's just that after I pay for all the new dinos each year, there's not much left for mammals!  ::)

After I get my Brachio, I'll take some pics. I'll be taking update pics of my whole collection, anyway.

Roselaar

I hadn't noticed the poll yet, but I'd say the repaint Rex is definitely worth the purchase despite ownership of its predecessor, mostly for being that much more screen accurate to the JP Rex. If you like JP of course. I'm still on the fence on which Rex I like more.

Takama

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 19, 2012, 10:00:16 AM
Just posted these in the Classified eBay thread. But since they're up in a couple days, I thought I'd also post them here too.  8)

WOW! $0.99 Papo Spino!!

And WOW again! $0.99 Original Papo Rex!

I think that the intese detailing of these figures is worth more then that.

But its best to take advantage of someone who dosent know that yet :P

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on July 10, 2012, 04:23:09 PM
the latter is dead

It's not so much that it's dead but that it's dead and an accessory to a Tyrannosaurus figure, which are so plentiful you could probably build a tower to the moon out of them.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Roselaar

Quote from: Brontozaurus on July 20, 2012, 01:55:20 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on July 10, 2012, 04:23:09 PM
the latter is dead

It's not so much that it's dead but that it's dead and an accessory to a Tyrannosaurus figure, which are so plentiful you could probably build a tower to the moon out of them.

I figured as much, but I couldn't resist posting that witty take on a politically incorrect historical statement anyway.  :D

Takama

My Collection Updated

Explorer

Quote from: Takama on July 27, 2012, 09:39:57 PM

My Collection Updated

Nice. The Brachi will certainly be a good addition.

Anybody has an idea on the scale of the papo brown t-Rex (2012 reprinted) and the running t-Rex (2012 green). Was surpristhaw hen one online store said it was 1/20 scale.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Explorer on July 31, 2012, 01:56:13 AM
Anybody has an idea on the scale of the papo brown t-Rex (2012 reprinted) and the running t-Rex (2012 green). Was surpristhaw hen one online store said it was 1/20 scale.

;D  No way!
They're about 1:35.

DinoToyForum

For anyone interested, or unaware, most of the Papo figures have been reviewed on the Dinotoyblog and can be easily accessed via the Papo page: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/dinosaur-toy-collectors-guide/papo/

Takama

Its missing the Running T-rex, and the recently reviewd Tylosaurus

stoneage

Don't forget these figures!

jweber26

The Papo brachiosaurus should be on it's way soon. The site I ordered from said their shipment is due any day now.

indy1936

Here is a comparison of the Papo Brachiosaurus with the 1996 and 2012 Carnegies.  Papo Brachi's right front foot comes a bit raised as he is stepping. Mine tends to fall forward a bit so I put something under there to keep him balanced with the others. 

He is definitely the biggest of the three.  His torso is slightly longer than the old Carnegie Brachiosaurus, his back runs about .5"-1" higher along the length than the old Carnegie Brachiosaurus. The necks are about the same length just positioned differently. However, the Papo's head and base of the neck are significantly larger than on the old Carnegie.

Jetoar

Thanks for share  ^-^. I can compare the differents size of these figures.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ikessauro

Thanks so much for posting this, I'm really relieved now. I tought the Brachio would not fit in any of my cabinets and I would have to store it in a box to prevent from getting dusty. But seeing the comparision I can tell it will fit just right.

Takama

The Papo Brachio is so out of date,   But i imagine if this came out back in the 90s it would be the greatest Dinosaur toy ever made.

I cant wait to find the time to order one

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: