News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

As much as I'm excited for Baryonyx, Iguanodon and feathered Velociraptor, I wonder why Papo hasn't released any more popular pterosaurs. The Tupuxuara is relatively obscure, and very well done, and the Pteranodon needs to visit a dentist but is otherwise great too, but I think we should get an Azhdarchid. That would be amazing! I wouldn't expect Papo to give us a fluffy one, but I think a figure of one of the reptilian pelican-giraffe...things...would be very popular!

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Dilopho on August 10, 2015, 10:15:28 AM
As much as I'm excited for Baryonyx, Iguanodon and feathered Velociraptor, I wonder why Papo hasn't released any more popular pterosaurs.

Maybe they don't sell as well? I'm just guessing and have no honest idea. I do know that I'm not particularly big on pterosaurs. I really like my ptero but didn't get the tuxa (nor the archeopteryx) but that could be a personal thing. I really wish they would make some more hadrosaurs. I'd love to see a colorful edmontosaurus walking along on all fours.

Paleona

I agree with Victoria- I'm personally not very interested in pterosaurs.  :-X  Also, from a kids perspective, they're not very fun to play with, or at least I never found them to be when I was little. 

I would love to see more hadrosaurs, but I'm honestly not very impressed with their Para, which is a shame.  :-\  The arms look too humanoid or something, it creeps me out, haha.  And the teeth... >_<

KeU

I second that as well.
I would love some Hadrosaurs from PAPO.
In particular, an updated Parasaurolophus and Olorotitan.
Too bad they don't sell as well as large Theropods.
But we never know, PAPO might do some, fingers crossed.

Fluffysaurus

I just really hope the feathered Velociraptor will actually a feathered Velociraptor, instead of a Deino.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Hermes888

Well if Papo is going to continue copying Sideshow, should we expect their Velociraptor to look like this?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleona on August 10, 2015, 06:43:39 PM
I agree with Victoria- I'm personally not very interested in pterosaurs.  :-X  Also, from a kids perspective, they're not very fun to play with, or at least I never found them to be when I was little. 

I would love to see more hadrosaurs, but I'm honestly not very impressed with their Para, which is a shame.  :-\  The arms look too humanoid or something, it creeps me out, haha.  And the teeth... >_<

I don't know..I liked the plain old straightened out flying pterosaurs, they were like prehistoric planes to me as a kid. A dinosaur world without a pterosaur flying overhead was pretty unheard of..lol

Would like to see a JP -like Corythosaurus.

tanystropheus

Quote from: KeU on August 10, 2015, 08:05:43 PM
I second that as well.
I would love some Hadrosaurs from PAPO.
In particular, an updated Parasaurolophus and Olorotitan.
Too bad they don't sell as well as large Theropods.
But we never know, PAPO might do some, fingers crossed.

Papo has the potential to make some of the best hadrosaurs and iguanodonts in the market. Unfortunately, their last hadrosaur effort was almost half a decade ago.

Dilopho

I had a dream that Papo made a Corythosaurus, and that it was perfectly accurate except it had teeth.
It was called the 'best dino toy 2015' by this forum.

Arul

Quote from: Hermes888 on August 13, 2015, 03:22:33 AM
Well if Papo is going to continue copying Sideshow, should we expect their Velociraptor to look like this?

I can take that, sideshow vraptor is very good example  :D

tyrantqueen

The SS Velociraptor is great for its time. Still a lot better looking than some recent feathered maniraptoran toys.

Hermes888

I'm a big fan of Papo, but I'm being honest when I say that I hope they decide to copy a good, accurate feathered Velociraptor. There's really no other popular feathered "raptor" to base one off of, and with their history of replicating Sideshow even to the relatively unknown Tupuxuara, I could very well see them copying the Velociraptor too. The only issue is the pose - Papo tends to use the same poses and the mid-combat position is hard to duplicate.

Does anyone know when we find out their 2015 lineup officially, with pictures?

Quote from: kristian on August 13, 2015, 10:09:16 PM
A 1:40 Olorotitan by Vitali Klatt! Fits well between the papo dinosaurs.  :D
I'm sorry, but is there any reason why you felt the need to split this up into two posts, and post this again when it was already in the Papo 2015 thread?

Centrosaur86

Sorry. I had forgotten that I already placed this picture in another thread!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Hermes888 on August 13, 2015, 10:26:47 PM

Quote from: kristian on August 13, 2015, 10:09:16 PM
A 1:40 Olorotitan by Vitali Klatt! Fits well between the papo dinosaurs.  :D
I'm sorry, but is there any reason why you felt the need to split this up into two posts, and post this again when it was already in the Papo 2015 thread?

Maybe, it's a super awesome model kit worth mentioning/owning twice. Just a guess  ;)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 13, 2015, 03:38:03 AM
Quote from: Paleona on August 10, 2015, 06:43:39 PM

I don't know..I liked the plain old straightened out flying pterosaurs, they were like prehistoric planes to me as a kid. A dinosaur world without a pterosaur flying overhead was pretty unheard of..lol

I'm with you, Blade. I've always liked the big open-winged pterosaurs. I appreciate this new trend of walking versions, especially for variety. But my favorite look is still the flying ones. I had always hoped that Papo would one day make an Ornithocheirus ever since seeing the WwD special and knowing I will never get their rare figure in my collection. :P

XCLASSGAMING

When will we get pictures?! I need them T.T
Also guys what figurine will you be getting first? I will be getting Baryonyx defiantly first as he is part of my favorite family of dinosaurs the spinosaurs 

terrorchicken

Papo should expand their prehistoric mammals. They just have a mammoth, wooly rhino, and smilodon...

Centrosaur86

Pictures of the new papo dinosaurs we get to see until the end of december.  ;)

XCLASSGAMING

Quote from: Centrosaur86 on August 14, 2015, 06:22:16 PM
Pictures of the new papo dinosaurs we get to see until the end of december.  ;)
Yay!

Arul

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 14, 2015, 06:11:22 PM
Papo should expand their prehistoric mammals. They just have a mammoth, wooly rhino, and smilodon...

Agreed, i think woolly rhino papo is the most accurate in scientific than other papo prehistoric figure or other woolly rhino figure from other company. The front/anterior horn is flat, not round like modern rhino..

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: