News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

Quote from: empire3569 on November 25, 2015, 12:46:17 AM
Quote from: Rain on November 25, 2015, 12:39:29 AM
I wonder why Papo never decided to mimic the male raptor from JP3, it's easily the best looking raptor in the entire series, I'd assume they'd sell out pretty quickly. [

TLW male raptors were always my favorite; those orange and black tiger stripes are way cool. I actually had my fiancee repaint my papo raptor to look like them :P

Have you got a picture? I'd love to see it  :))

Also, deviant art user MANUSAURIO has the right idea ;)

Sim

I wonder why Papo never decided to mimic the male raptor from JP3, it's easily the best looking raptor in the entire series, I'd assume they'd sell out pretty quickly.

The v2 raptor is pretty close but still pretty far. If they made one with the same color scheme and the quill/feather things I'd buy it in a heart beat!

My guess is they were happy with repainting their 'Velociraptor' figure with a similar colour scheme to the males from JP3 for the second and third versions of that figure.  I think the male 'Velociraptor' from JP3 is the most striking JP Velo.  I also think it's the ugliest JP Velo though, and this has a lot to do with the mohawk and Dilophosaurus-like crests they gave it.

I remember reading somewhere on here that a company was going to release an official line of figures from all 4 Jurassic Park films.  I've not seen anything more about it since though.

Have you seen the figure linked to in Reply #1059 here?: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=84.msg117871#msg117871

Victoria's Cantina

Well, I went ahead and ordered the T-Rex and Raptor pack from the South Korean seller. I had some cash in my PayPal account so I only ended up shelling about half. At least I'll be able to have these repaints.

Quote from: Sim on November 25, 2015, 11:44:09 PM
I wonder why Papo never decided to mimic the male raptor from JP3, it's easily the best looking raptor in the entire series, I'd assume they'd sell out pretty quickly.

The v2 raptor is pretty close but still pretty far. If they made one with the same color scheme and the quill/feather things I'd buy it in a heart beat!

My guess is they were happy with repainting their 'Velociraptor' figure with a similar colour scheme to the males from JP3 for the second and third versions of that figure.  I think the male 'Velociraptor' from JP3 is the most striking JP Velo.  I also think it's the ugliest JP Velo though, and this has a lot to do with the mohawk and Dilophosaurus-like crests they gave it.

I remember reading somewhere on here that a company was going to release an official line of figures from all 4 Jurassic Park films.  I've not seen anything more about it since though.

Have you seen the figure linked to in Reply #1059 here?: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=84.msg117871#msg117871

You mean Chronicle? They've been releasing some photos of their TLW T-Rex bust over the last week. 

Sim

Yes, it was Chronicle I was thinking of, thanks Victoria!  I couldn't remember anything besides what I mentioned in my previous post, but searching for "chronicle" in the Jurassic World 2015 toys thread brought it all back, starting with Reply #713 here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3014.msg101120#msg101120

CityRaptor

Personally I think that the female JP3 Velociraptor would make a good repaint for the Papo Velociraptor.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Rain

Quote from: Sim on November 25, 2015, 11:44:09 PM

Yeah but it didn't really appeal to me. It looked like something Hasbro would make. Heres the Hasbro one.

I

CityRaptor

Actually that looks much better than the Hasbro figure. Keep in mind that a movie based figure has to be faithful to the movie it is based on.

Talking about screen accuracy:  looking at the link, it looks like a lot of the Hasbrosaurs have good reviews despite their lousy quality. Someone called Claire Dearing even complained about the bad reviews of the Stegoceratops.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sim

Regarding this figure: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176FG7DU?refRID=KK7F284DP4SC4DWCEFY5&ref_=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_1  You can hover over most of the images of it to see it bigger and much better.  To me it doesn't look like a Hasbro figure, it looks like something Rebor or Papo could have made.

Rain

I'm gonna have to disagree, the attention to detail is comparable to Papo or Rebor but the stylization (if that's even a word) feels very Hasbro-esque. I don't think it really resembles the JP raptors as well as Papo's raptors do.

stargatedalek

Keep in mind it's a lot smaller than either, it's nearly 4 inches long.

empire3569

Quote from: Rain on November 25, 2015, 01:43:36 AM
Quote from: empire3569 on November 25, 2015, 12:46:17 AM
I wonder why Papo never decided to mimic the male raptor from JP3, it's easily the best looking raptor in the entire series, I'd assume they'd sell out pretty quickly. [

TLW male raptors were always my favorite; those orange and black tiger stripes are way cool. I actually had my fiancee repaint my papo raptor to look like them :P

Have you got a picture? I'd love to see it  :))

Also, deviant art user MANUSAURIO has the right idea ;)

Here it is! This was the first ever figure she painted, and I think it turned out really well!

Rain

Wow that looks great, I really need to teach myself how to paint figures..

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Sim on November 26, 2015, 10:04:07 PM
Regarding this figure: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176FG7DU?refRID=KK7F284DP4SC4DWCEFY5&ref_=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_1  You can hover over most of the images of it to see it bigger and much better.  To me it doesn't look like a Hasbro figure, it looks like something Rebor or Papo could have made.
I like it!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Viking Spawn

Me too!  I'd buy one if they'd get more in stock!

Arul

December is coming, prepare yourself for the new 2016 papo figures...

Dilopho

Quote from: Arul on November 28, 2015, 07:15:57 AM
December is coming, prepare yourself for the new 2016 papo figures...
In December? We'll probably have to wait longer than that, won't we?

Roselaar

Pictures he means, I reckon.

Dilopho

Quote from: Roselaar on November 28, 2015, 12:57:12 PM
Pictures he means, I reckon.
Wait, we get pictures around the end of the year? I thought the models would take longer to sculpt than that. I'm certainly not expecting Kaprosuchus until at least mid 2016 but are the pictures of Iguanodon and co.?

Arul

Yes i mean the picture :) if i not forgot, papo always reveal their new dino species in last month of the year

Halichoeres

Anybody else notice that the figure on Amazon is called "Velociraptor antirrhopus"? So I guess that makes it a hybrid between Velociraptor and Deinonychus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: