News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World - New For 2016

Started by suspsy, January 03, 2016, 04:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I came across the new Hybrid T. rex at TRU today. Pushing the button on its back now activates a roaring sound and the spines to raise as well as opening the mouth. I suppose some people will find this enjoyable, but I moved right along.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

It will attract kids I'm sure.   "Son, I just bought you one of those last year." But dad, it has sound and spikes...and this one's GREEN! "   ;)

suspsy

Yeah, I can see that scenario taking place. I didn't think to compare the price tags between the original and the Hybrid, but I'm assuming the latter costs a little more.

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol I'm not sure, it might be.  I know that scenerio works used it myself as a kid a few times..normally though it was " No you bought me a T-Rex, this is an Allosaurus! So they both eat  meat..?"  Yeah but it has ____ and ____ and lived ____. "   Ok yeah get it let's go. "    lol

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 26, 2016, 12:05:00 AM
lol I'm not sure, it might be.  I know that scenerio works used it myself as a kid a few times..normally though it was " No you bought me a T-Rex, this is an Allosaurus! So they both eat  meat..?"  Yeah but it has ____ and ____ and lived ____. "   Ok yeah get it let's go. "    lol

Thats how I felt when my mom got me the 2008 CollectA deluxe Spinosaurus when I meant the 2015 version... I still didn't get the 2015 version. :(
I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 26, 2016, 05:25:12 AM

Thats how I felt when my mom got me the 2008 CollectA deluxe Spinosaurus when I meant the 2015 version... I still didn't get the 2015 version. :(

Try building an Amazon wishlist that helps a little. Well it would if you have family that will look at it.  ;)

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 26, 2016, 05:50:55 AM

Try building an Amazon wishlist that helps a little. Well it would if you have family that will look at it.  ;)

Since 3 years ago I've started giving my mom a list of figures I want for christmas, one said figure was the CollectA Spinosaurus deluxe, and on the list I put "CollectA Spinosaurus Deluxe 2015" but come christmas day and I find the old 2008 CollectA Spinosaurus... at least it makes a good Oxalaia. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on February 26, 2016, 06:43:51 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 26, 2016, 05:50:55 AM

Since 3 years ago I've started giving my mom a list of figures I want for christmas, one said figure was the CollectA Spinosaurus deluxe, and on the list I put "CollectA Spinosaurus Deluxe 2015" but come christmas day and I find the old 2008 CollectA Spinosaurus... at least it makes a good Oxalaia. ;)

With an Amazon wishlist it will link her right to it. All she has to do is purchase. You can even add products from other stores.

LophoLeeVT

So are the ptetaminus and spino raptor planned for later or are they canceled ?
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

CityRaptor

The Spinoraptor was neither mentioned in the press release, nor shown, so it probably got cancelled in favour of the Spinosaurus repaint.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

I came across a single Mosasaurus at TRU today. Another case of Canada getting stuff way later than the US. I didn't buy it though.

Rain

Quote from: suspsy on February 29, 2016, 08:27:03 PM
I came across a single Mosasaurus at TRU today. Another case of Canada getting stuff way later than the US. I didn't buy it though.

Why not? You could've sold it for a pretty penny on eBay or held on to it

suspsy

Or I could have just left it there on the shelf for some lucky little dinosaur lover and his/her generous mom/dad to come across.

Which is what I did.:)

Rain

Quote from: suspsy on February 29, 2016, 11:06:05 PM
Or I could have just left it there on the shelf for some lucky little dinosaur lover and his/her generous mom/dad to come across.

Which is what I did.:)

Oh yeah.. Little kids exist. That's kind and considerate of you to leave it there:))

CityRaptor

Kids? Oh yes, small versions of adults.
Oh no

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

ChrisLikesDinosaurs

So, I bought the new 'Hybrid Rampage' Indominus Rex, and I have to say I like it! Like, it actually feels like a Jurassic Park toy.. except the damn thing won't stand.

Either way, it's a huge step up from last years 'Bad Boy' Indominus.

My full review, loaded with HQ pictures is up here: http://jurassicoutpost.com/review-hasbro-jurassic-world-hybrid-rampage-indominus-rex/

Flaffy

I refuse to buy any JW toys until i see Mattel's attempt on them.
The hybrid indominus looks so so shrink wrapped.
Dunno if it was posted before, but the new pteramimus was revealed... yeah...

CityRaptor

Yes, the Pteramimus was posted with the other hyhrids in the thread about Hasbro losing the license.

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinosaurs on September 01, 2016, 07:42:04 PM
SNIP

Well, it's clearly bigger. And indeed a step up in some parts, but that is sadly not saying much. Indeed it makes the unpainted parts stick out even more and the head is terribly shrink-wrapped and looks like it has bullet holes...
Oh no

Silvanusaurus

That hybrid indominus strikes me as, on a purely visual level, one of the worst things i've ever seen. What is it a hybrid with, a skeleton and a banana split?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.