News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Vintage & Modern Dinosaur Collection (New items coming soon)

Started by Archinto, January 05, 2016, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I'm not a fan of Tolkien's stories any more but I read and liked The Hobbit and LOTR when I was a child. John Howe's iconic book cover held the best depiction of Smaug for me. I had the paperback version of LOTR which had his Gandalf illustration on it too. Amazing artist.

Archinto

I've finally gotten around to indexing the topic. I wish there was a way to link to each post. Oh well, Either was I have more updates and dinosaurs to share!

Here I will share my vintage monochrome dinosaurs. I moved my Invicta dinosaurs from post #10 to this section, as they are monochromes :)

Monochrome Dinosaur Toys

NEW ADDITIONS: Schleich classics full set, Rare and unusual flocked dinosaurs & two original bullyland minis

ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) Dinosaurs

Chasmosaurus & Stegosaurus

ROM Chasmosaurus & Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

ROM Chasmosaurus & Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Recast copy Chasmosaurus

Recast copy ROM Chasmosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Recast copy ROM Chasmosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Diplodocus

ROM Diplodocus by Archinto, on Flickr

ROM Diplodocus by Archinto, on Flickr

Albertosaurus & Lambeosaurus

ROM Albertosaurus & Lambeosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

ROM Albertosaurus & Lambeosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Pteranodon

image by Archinto, on Flickr

image by Archinto, on Flickr

Parasaurolophus

ROM Parasaurolophus by Archinto, on Flickr

ROM Parasaurolophus by Archinto, on Flickr

Marx Prehistoric Playset Dinosaurs and Flintstones

Dark Red/brown Brontosaurus

Marx Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Dark Brown 60's set and original 50's grey triceratops.

Marx Dark Brown 60's models and original 50's grey Triceratops. by Archinto, on Flickr

60's Playset Dinosaurs

Marx Prehistoric Playset Dinosaurs 1960s by Archinto, on Flickr

Dino the Dinosaur

60's Marx Flintstones Dino the Dinosaur by Archinto, on Flickr

60's Marx Flintstones Dino the Dinosaur by Archinto, on Flickr

British Museum of Natural History / Invicta Plastics Dinosaurs

My collection of Invictas British Museum of Natural History dinosaur models. There are only a few pieces I need to finish out this set. Lambeosaurus & Dimetrodon and itd be nice to get a Basel Museum Tsintaosaurus...

Invicta British Museum Dinosaurs by Archinto, on Flickr

British Museum/Invicta Scelidosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

British Museum White Tyrannosaurus Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

British Museum White Tyrannosaurus Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

British Museum Invicta Plastics Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

British Museum Invicta Plastics Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) Bronze color plastic dinosaurs

These were sold in between the era of the old bronzed lead SRG figures and the british museum dinosaurs. These were sold in the late 70's for a year or two before the museum switched to selling invictas. They kept the bronze color tradition from the SRG figures and translated that to plastic to produce a similar and safer souvenir. These were produced from the set of Sinclair molds.

American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) Apatosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) Apatosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Vintage Tim-Mee, MPC & Ajax

Tim-Mee coarse mold early figures

Original Tim-Mee coarse cast models from the 60's by Archinto, on Flickr

Tim-Mee smooth mold figures

Tim-Mee smooth cast dinosaurs of varying vintages. by Archinto, on Flickr

The pterosaur in the above photo may not be related to Tim-Mee, but to Ajax, and is a china copy.

60's MPC Cereal Premium Dinosaurs

MPC vintage 60's Cereal premium dinosaurs. by Archinto, on Flickr

The blue Stegosaurus in the above photo may likely be a Marx dinosaur rather than MPC.

Ajax Dinosaurs & copies. These dinosaurs are slightly inspired by the old Miller dinosaurs

Ajax and copies by Archinto, on Flickr

Nabisco Premiums

1960s Nabisco Premium dinosaurs by Archinto, on Flickr

Rare Rice Honeys Mammal set

60s Nabisco Prehistoric Mammals by Archinto, on Flickr

These two Alticamelus are cast in different shades of silver.

Nabisco Alticamelus by Archinto, on Flickr

50's Linde Coffee Premium Figures. Full set

1950s Linde Coffee Premium Dinosaurs by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Brontosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Rhamphorynchus by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Rhamphorynchus by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Ankylosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Ankylosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Sphenacodon by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Sphenacodon by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Dimetrodon by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Dimetrodon by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Tyrannosaurus-Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Tyrannosaurus-Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Triceratops by Archinto, on Flickr

Linde Triceratops by Archinto, on Flickr

Russ Dinosaurs

Russ Triceratops & Glow in the Dark Dimetrodon by Archinto, on Flickr

1982 "Scary Dinosaurs" Vending Machine Dinosaur toys

"Collect All 24 Dinosaurs in the Series A!" Is what the vending cards said. This is a full set of 24 dinosaurs made from 1982-1983. Whether or not they ever made a Set B is yet to be seen....

1982 "Scary Dinosaurs" Vending Machine Toys by Archinto, on Flickr

Schleich

Vintage monochrome Schleich dinosaurs

Full set of Classic Schleich Monochrome figures

Complete set of original Schleich mini prehistorics by Archinto, on Flickr

I believe this fella below is an Iguanadon. My first classic Schleich. He lives on the boat. :)

Schleich Königsaurier by Archinto, on Flickr

Schleich Königsaurier by Archinto, on Flickr

Deiner

Deiner dinosaur erasers in both sizes. I hope to be able to get a full set someday with all the colors of each! :)These were a serious favorite in my school supply box.

Deiner Dinosaur Erasers Large & Small Size Comparison by Archinto, on Flickr

Standard Size Deiner Dinosaur Erasers by Archinto, on Flickr

Mini Deiner Dinosaur Erasers by Archinto, on Flickr

Tootsietoy/Ajax

Tootsietoy Moschops & Dimetrodon by Archinto, on Flickr

Tootsietoy T-Rex Triceratops & Stegosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Theme Park and Other Promotional Figures

Dinah from Dinosaurland Theme park. This figure is from the 60's and fairly uncommon to find.

Dinah Dinosaurland Mascot Figure by Archinto, on Flickr Dinah Dinosaurland Mascot Figure by Archinto, on Flickr

Basel Museum

The Basel Museum Tsintaosaurus figure was given away as a promotional item to kids who asked the hosts interesting questions at the Basel museum. Its a fairly uncommon and desireable figure.

Basel Museum Tsintaosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Basel Museum Tsintaosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Bullyland original mini Dinosaurs

Stegosaurus & Plesiosaurus

Original Bullyland mini Stegosaurus & Plesiosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Flocked dinosaur figures of unknown manufacture

Calico Critters style 80's Flocked Dinosaurs

80's Flocked Dinosaurs by Archinto, on Flickr

Vintage 60's or 70's Green flocked T-Rex

Vintage Flocked T-Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Archinto

I think their attempt at wrinkly skin came out a little furry looking lol

I really like the rom dinosaurs. They are different than most dinosaurs you see. I like the posing a lot :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Archinto

And so begins the Dino-Riders post. I have been into Dino-Riders since I was a kid. I want to get a full collection someday. I am almost halfway there. I have duplicates of several of my sets, but I'll just post the best example of each figure I have. I have a lot of figure accessories for the riders, but choose not to display them with the figures all the time. I have the traps for many of the smaller sets, I will post them at a later time.

I am ALWAYS looking for Dino Riders parts, and for certain Dinosaurs. PM me if you have anything you wish to get rid of!

Dino-Riders

Rulons

Tyrannosaurus Rex with Krulos, Bitor & Cobrus

Dino-Riders T-Rex w Krulos Bitor and Cobrus by Archinto, on Flickr
Dino-Riders T-Rex w Krulos Bitor and Cobrus by Archinto, on Flickr

Triceratops with Hammerhead & Sidewinder

Dino-Riders Triceratops w Hammerhead & Sidewinder by Archinto, on Flickr

Pteranodon with Rasp

Dino-Riders Pteranodon w Rasp by Archinto, on Flickr

Monoclonius with Mako

Dino-Riders Monoclonius w Mako by Archinto, on Flickr

Dino-Riders Monoclonius w Mako by Archinto, on Flickr

Deinonychus with Antor

Dino-Riders Deinonychus w/ Antor by Archinto, on Flickr

Dino-Riders Deinonychus w/ Antor by Archinto, on Flickr

Ankylosaurus with Sting

Dino-Riders Ankylosaurus w Sting by Archinto, on Flickr

Saurolophus with Lokus

Dino-Riders Saurolophus w Lokus by Archinto, on Flickr

Quetzalcoatlus with Algar

Mine is missing the Algar figure and some parts. Kroc is Algars placeholder for the time being. The birds lower beak is broken off halfway. I made a ast off an unbroken one and made a replacement out of sculpey years ago. It has held up well. I feel fortunate to have this. I want more from this series.

Dino-Riders Series 3 Quetzalcoatlus w Algar by Archinto, on Flickr

Dino-Riders Series 3 Quetzalcoatlus w Algar by Archinto, on Flickr

I'll add more when I dig em out.

Here is my Thunder Beasts T-Rex with a set of Dino-Riders armor. Its as if the dinosaur was made to fit the armor... It looks so flippn' AWESOME!

Thunder beasts T. Rex with Dino-Rider armor by Archinto, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Love me some Dino Rider goodness!  The only ones I'm really missing are complete Kentrosaurus and Brontosaurus figures. 

That Thunderbeast Rex does look frickin' awesome like that!  Would make a great custom to repaint like the animated series!

Archinto

Got any duplicates or spare parts? I have dinosaurs I dont have armor for, and armor I dont have dinosaurs for. I am also in need of certain figures. PM me if you can help me out in that dept...

I hope to post my good guys soon. They are all put away in storage at the moment. The Rulons just happened to be out on display in the Legorium...

I only had the triceratops as a kid, but I had friends with brothers who had just about all of them (well series one anyway). Yeah... Jealous! Needless to say I loved it when I got to go to their house and play as a kid. Set all the big ones down the hall walking together. It was epic! I've yet to fire up my gigantic herd and let em rip...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Let me see what I have..I know it's not much, there was some accessories, I had a spare Torosaurus lifting laser panel ( best way I can describe it) that was in a lot.  I had all but the Chasmo, Pachyrhino and new Quetz as a kid, but of course I played hard with them..sandstorms, rock slides, ect.. all I have I have re-purchased via ebay over the years.

Archinto

Dragons in post #82 just got a mega update! I added a bunch of my imperials and other dragon and monster figures :)

Silvanusaurus

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

Archinto

It was probably heavily inspired by the Jersey Devil when the sculptors for Imperial created it. I think I'll update the description... :3 I was stoked when I found it out there in the wild years ago! I had a more detailed smaller version as a kid, but misplaced it somewhere. Its in the scale size of the defenders of the planets figures and it has seen better days.... I know its still around somewhere at my moms house, maybe I can find it. I love these old imperial dragons. Back in the day where points on toys were sharp enough to hurt you.... :3

I might add my Valorian Dino-Riders to the topic soon, and will be doing a post on definitely dinosaurs in the near future. Some of my parts and figures are not here with my collection, so some digging is in order up at my moms. If I am lucky my missing tote of dinosaurs will surface.

AcroSauroTaurus

I was born in '98 so i partially remember the good old sharp toys, much better then the "de-clawed" figures we get nowadays.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Archinto

It started to happen in the late 80's early 90's. Even differences are seen between Dino-Riders dinosaurs and Smithsonian dinosaurs by Tyco. The Ankylosaurus/Euoplocephalus releases you can see it on all the tips of the horns and pointy toes on the smithsonian dinosaurs. They have rounded little ball shaped ends modified into the mold to dull the tips. Even that big Dormei godzilla I posted, the old one had sharper teeth and claws, and the scales were molded deeper.

Cheapening, I call it

tyrantqueen

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Archinto on March 19, 2016, 03:33:18 AM
It started to happen in the late 80's early 90's. Even differences are seen between Dino-Riders dinosaurs and Smithsonian dinosaurs by Tyco. The Ankylosaurus/Euoplocephalus releases you can see it on all the tips of the horns and pointy toes on the smithsonian dinosaurs. They have rounded little ball shaped ends modified into the mold to dull the tips. Even that big Dormei godzilla I posted, the old one had sharper teeth and claws, and the scales were molded deeper.

Cheapening, I call it

Hmm, that sounds familiar... "cough"Hasbro"cough".
I am the Dinosaur King!

Archinto

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 19, 2016, 03:53:32 AM
I really like that Imperial Jersey Devil.

Thank you! He is so awesome! Now I really want to find that smaller one. I remember its tail being gone, but it looks even cooler than this one!

Theres one of these Jersey Devils on ebay right now for pretty cheap...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Imperial-1983-Dragons-Knights-Daggers-Pegasus-Horse-Figure-8-5-/121923873143?hash=item1c633aa977:g:5PMAAOSwZQxW5hbX

Looks like mine is missing the horns. I can see why...

Archinto

New updates to post #83! I got in four more Starlux dinos today! They are SO AWESOME! Check em out! Also got in a great lot of two vintage sinclair dinoland blow mold dinosaurs. They are larger than the modern ones you can get today. I am overall very pleased with them and want more!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Can you post a comparison pic? I had no idea there was a size difference.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: