News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Vintage & Modern Dinosaur Collection (New items coming soon)

Started by Archinto, January 05, 2016, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

Quote from: geyisdihge on August 09, 2016, 06:39:37 PM
Hi,
Anyone interested in selling a big Dino Brite? Mainly Kato, Kate, or Alex?
Thanks. :)

I think i saw a blue one listed on ebay a while back. Best place to ask would be in the classified section. But check out ebay, thats where i got my Kato :)

Ive got a slew of new dinosaurs to add. Ive been a bit lazy about adding em lately haha!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

geyisdihge

Quote from: Archinto on August 09, 2016, 08:01:48 PM

I think i saw a blue one listed on ebay a while back. Best place to ask would be in the classified section. But check out ebay, thats where i got my Kato :)

Ive got a slew of new dinosaurs to add. Ive been a bit lazy about adding em lately haha!

Thanks,

Actually I did win the Auction for Bryn  :P  8) . I'm Excited. My first one was Raoul (green). He's still with me  :)) . Sometime later my mom found Sam(sam) at a thrift store and just last year I found Bryn(Blue). I was recently looking through eBay and came across Bryn again so I decided to "save him" lol.

I hope I can get my hands on the rest of them. 8)

Archinto

Hey all! I just posted a major update with another one to follow soon with some even better more rare stuff!

I revamped the Thunder Beasts post and added some new dinosaurs! Take a look, I managed to acquire one of the rarer figures! More to come there soon as well. I've also added new dinosaurs to the monochromes section, old Deiner erasers and some Tootsietoy/Ajax large dinos.

The Sinclair post got an update too with the addition of a blue trachodon and a painted red stegosaurus. Check em out! Theres also another sinclair style stego I posted as well made from pecan shells :)

I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Archinto

John P. Fischner Prehistoric Sculptures

This post is the home to my JP Fischner prehistoric sculptures. His studio is called Dreamstar Productions. Once my brontosaurus is in hand I'll post it here as well.

Here is a Diatryma I recently found :) it stands about eighteen inches tall!

Diatryma Terror Bird by Archinto, on Flickr

Doug Watson

Quote from: Archinto on March 16, 2016, 01:48:09 AM
I've finally gotten around to indexing the topic. I wish there was a way to link to each post. Oh well, Either was I have more updates and dinosaurs to share!
American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) Bronze color plastic dinosaurs

50's Linde Coffee Premium Figures. Full set

I hadn't checked your collection for a while and it continues to impress. I had heard of the AMNH bronze coloured plastic dinosaurs but I didn't realize they used the Sinclair moulds. Great find, me want!

Great set of Lindes especially that Brontosaurus, love the marbling.

P.S. I have to ask, where and how did you find that AMNH bronze coloured Brontosaurus? Dare I ask how much it cost you? I have never seen one in 16 years of active collecting.

Archinto

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 30, 2016, 02:26:40 PM
Quote from: Archinto on March 16, 2016, 01:48:09 AM
I've finally gotten around to indexing the topic. I wish there was a way to link to each post. Oh well, Either was I have more updates and dinosaurs to share!
American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) Bronze color plastic dinosaurs

50's Linde Coffee Premium Figures. Full set

I hadn't checked your collection for a while and it continues to impress. I had heard of the AMNH bronze coloured plastic dinosaurs but I didn't realize they used the Sinclair moulds. Great find, me want!

Great set of Lindes especially that Brontosaurus, love the marbling.

P.S. I have to ask, where and how did you find that AMNH bronze coloured Brontosaurus? Dare I ask how much it cost you? I have never seen one in 16 years of active collecting.

I ended up getting it in a group lot with some godzillas and other figures. Its truly lovely! They did them with all the sinclair figures, so theres a full set to hunt for. They are pretty hard to find but not entirelt too costly. I think i saw ankther bronto sell hy itself for not too expensive, under $30 i beleive but cant remember how much Exactly.

I am happy you like my collection! I have a lot more things to post. I got some Alva studios figures recently too and some early srg figures to replace the later ones i have. If youre looking for a large stego ill make you a good deal on it :)

Ill be posting another update soon, so stay tuned for more prehistoric action!

Doug Watson

Quote from: Archinto on October 02, 2016, 08:14:00 AM
I ended up getting it in a group lot with some godzillas and other figures. Its truly lovely! They did them with all the sinclair figures, so theres a full set to hunt for. They are pretty hard to find but not entirelt too costly. I think i saw ankther bronto sell hy itself for not too expensive, under $30 i beleive but cant remember how much Exactly.

I am happy you like my collection! I have a lot more things to post. I got some Alva studios figures recently too and some early srg figures to replace the later ones i have. If youre looking for a large stego ill make you a good deal on it :)

Ill be posting another update soon, so stay tuned for more prehistoric action!

Congratulations, did you know it was there before you bought the lot? I once bid on a lot of crappy dinosaurs to get two JH Miller Dimetrodon plus a couple Sinclair plastic Brontosaurus banks. I am pretty sure only one other bidder knew what was hidden in the lot and I was able to snag the bunch for around $69. It is probably even sweeter when you buy a lot and find a gem like this that you didn't know was included. Either way a great catch except now I have something new to hunt, dang it!
I have all the small SRGs and so far I have stayed away from buying the large SRGs the shipping alone will bankrupt me.

Archinto

Believe it or not the large srg figures really arent that heavy. They are not solid lead like the small figures and are hollow cast. I can get you some weights off of my figures to get an idea. I dont think they would cost much more than a standard figure. Theyship usps first class all the time when shipped alone. I got a lot with about five of them a while back and it was cheap to ship.

I hope to find more amnh dinosaurs. I saw this one in the lot, but wasnt sure what it was so i bought it on a chance. I ended up selling the godzilla and biollante figures for more than i paid for the lot, so it was a win win. And wow killer deal on the lot w millers and sinclairs! I recently picked up a coelodonta that has some play wear, but im gonna try repairing it with some brown epoxy clay. I hope to find some small miller figures for a reasonable price. Still searching hard for orsenigos. Im hoping someday i can get my triceratops back :p

BlueKrono

I can see why your Lego creations are "world renowned". That dog-sized wingless dragon is really something else! Is there a website where they're all on display?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Archinto

a lot of my older stuff is on brickshelf.com, but I post most of my new creations on my flickr page. I go by archinto at both places. I'm working on some insane dino riders creations. Currently have an ankylosaurus, pteranodon and a t-rex in the works. The t-rex will have nxt robotics, lights sounds etc... moving rc parts. Itll be grand! :p

I'm hoping to be able to incorporate a tail club swinging action for the anky, and an automatic flapping action for the pteranodon. As it is you can fly the pteranodon by hand and its balanced out pretty wicked! Makes for great fly by's at the lego conventions during public days.

Archinto

Wow it's been a long time since I have updated my topic! I just posted an update in the Orsenigo section! I've gotten the awesome chance and was able to add a Brontosaurus to my collection! Check him out in the Orsenigo section on the first page!

I've gotten in a slew of "new to me" vintage dinosaur figures since I last posted, so Ill be adding updates to Starlux, Monochromes, Alva Studios, SRG, Resaurus, Sinclair and more! I'll be posting some new figure group types as well, so stay tuned for some Dino-Awesomeness! :)

Halichoeres

That Orsenigo brontosaur looks delightfully ridiculous. Is the neck held on with saran wrap, or is it rebuilt?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Archinto

The neck is still fully attached and unbroken, but it has a permanent crease in it thats is slightly cracking, and the neck just folds over without the wrap and looks awful. the front leg has a crease too and doesnt like to stay with the foot down. The back leg on one side has a tear at the crease and it has been stuffed with polyfil fiber. I glued the busted leg crease back together and it can stand now. Its still very soft and rubbery compared to others i have and have had that had become rock hard. the anky is not flexible at all, completely hardened. This bronto was almost flattened when I got it, and was able to form it back to shape.

RobinGoodfellow

I can understand... 
My Orsenigo Brontosaurus is in terrible conditions too, maybe worst than yours.   :-[
I have had it since I was a child; then it went into a sandbox with other toys and it was crushed by them.
That's how it looks now:

..I'm sad.....  :'(

Archinto

Mine has the same kind of damage as yours, but yours has better paint, and overall is a little nicer than mine. Mines neck is bent in the same place but is more damaged like it was stored folded over. The front foot on mine is going forward like that too. I keep small blocks of foam under it to train it to stand correctly. I think the brontosaurus is one of the most hard to find in any sort of good condition. Has your bronto hardened completely from age yet or is it still kindof soft? I know the feeling too, of seeing a cherished childhood toy that just wont ever be the same again, but at least you still have him! :) I think he is beautiful, and he is resting.

Archinto

I've just added a slew of new Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Creatures to the SRG & Alva Studios post, the Starlux & Blow Mold post, the Monochromes post, the Models post and the Resaurus post! Check em out theres some realy sweeties in there! Use the topic index to find the posts easier! I've added several rare and unique figures to the thread. Ill be updating my Thunder Beasts post soon, as well as adding more new collectible dinosaur lines soon!

For this post, Ill share whats going to become a new family in my collection. Tsukuda! I only have one right now, but I will add more as I collect them in time! I find them to be nostalgic and very charming figures.

Recent Addition: Tyrannosaurus Rex

Tsukuda Hobby Vinyl Dinosaurs

Apatosaurus

Tsukuda Hobby Apatosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Tsukuda Hobby Apatosaurus by Archinto, on Flickr

Tyrannosaurus Rex

Tsukuda Hobby Tyrannosaurus Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

Tsukuda Hobby Tyrannosaurus Rex by Archinto, on Flickr

The Atroxious

Wow, I love your collection. It's really unique, considering you have a lot of figures I've never even heard of before.

I'm not normally a fan of retrosaurs, but the way you showcased loads and loads of them together somehow makes them look awesome in my eyes. It's hilarious how funky and humanlike some of them are, more like a mascot suit than an animal. I mean that in a good way.

Moreover, I really dig your dragon collection. As a dragon fan myself, a few of those figures send me straight back to childhood, particularly Draco from Dragonheart and Pyre from Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I had my own Draco figure back in the day, but it was the smaller version, along with two other Dragonheart line toys whose designs never appeared in the movie. I loved those toys, since back then, finding well sculpted dragon toys was not easy. I also remember really, really wanting the Pyre figure, but I never got it since the only toy store I saw it in was in a fairly out of the way location. In retrospect, it's not quite as impressive looking as I remember it being, but that's what not seeing something for nearly two decades will do to a person, I guess.

Archinto

Quote from: The Atroxious on February 13, 2017, 12:32:01 AM
Wow, I love your collection. It's really unique, considering you have a lot of figures I've never even heard of before.

I'm not normally a fan of retrosaurs, but the way you showcased loads and loads of them together somehow makes them look awesome in my eyes. It's hilarious how funky and humanlike some of them are, more like a mascot suit than an animal. I mean that in a good way.

Moreover, I really dig your dragon collection. As a dragon fan myself, a few of those figures send me straight back to childhood, particularly Draco from Dragonheart and Pyre from Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog. I had my own Draco figure back in the day, but it was the smaller version, along with two other Dragonheart line toys whose designs never appeared in the movie. I loved those toys, since back then, finding well sculpted dragon toys was not easy. I also remember really, really wanting the Pyre figure, but I never got it since the only toy store I saw it in was in a fairly out of the way location. In retrospect, it's not quite as impressive looking as I remember it being, but that's what not seeing something for nearly two decades will do to a person, I guess.

Thank you! I really enjoy how strange they all look, They each have a certain charm to them and I find myself smiling when I go into my Legorium and see all those faces staring back at me. lol  Granted I dont have all my dinosaurs in my house, the other half of them reside in my workshop.

I used to have all three of the small action dragons from Dragonheart as a kid. I also had the einon w griffon dragon set too, but ended up selling that one on ebay a long while back. I've been half tempted to seek out another one as the prices have gone back down. I used to also have a Tyrune to go with my Pyre, but sold him a long time ago too. Kindof regretting it but also not. Pyre is much cooler and I can see why I kept him. Pyre is an awesome figure, I highly recommend him if you can find him for a good price. I cant stand to display it with the rider tho, so I keep "dood" in a tote lol. They later used the Pyre dragon body molds with new heads for some power rangers toys for their mystic force line or something. 

I hope to post my "playtime is overrated" dinosaurs soon. I think people will get a kick out of all my cartoony dinosaurs!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Archinto on February 12, 2017, 07:46:42 PM
Has your bronto hardened completely from age yet or is it still kindof soft?

The plastic of my Bronto is quite hard now due to the age and there are some cracks on it.
I was thinking to try to re-shape the figure but the treatment could destroy the model so I gave it up.
Now it's only a memory from my childhood.
Instead of my Orsenigo Triceratops that is in excellent condition for its age..

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: