News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Thundering Herd: The Ceratopsian collection

Started by Bokisaurus, May 18, 2012, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

My beloved herd of ceratopsians just keeps on getting bigger and bigger!
This year Co;l;ecta's trio of ceratopsians joins the herd!
The deluxe Styracosaurus is a thing of beauty- and it's huge, around 1:20 I think, about the same size as Papo's Trike.
For me, this is the best Styraco, not overly skinny and starved like Favorite's versions.

And then we have this years second Einiosaurus figure, also from CollectA.
This is a much smaller figure, much smaller than it's predecessors. What it lacks in size, it makes up in details. I love this little guy, it's my favorite version so far. There is just something about this little guy that I find I really like.
It is slimmer than all of CollectA's other ceratopsians,much better proportioned and elegant looking.

And finally, we have the first toy figure of Regaliceratops. I also really like this figure a lot. It is beautifully sculpted and has a very placid demeanor  ;)
I also love the colors, it's always great to see ceratopsians with colorful frills.
Just like the Einiosaurus, it too is a much smaller figure but packed with details.

The 2017 CollectA trio of ceratopsians

And the dazzling diversity of CollectA's ceratopsians.  By far, CollectA has the most ceratopsian figures of any company! I don't have all of them here, but just a sampling.

An finally some comparison photos of the diverse ceratopsians in my collection and from different companies.

Bonus:
My repainted Battat Pachy and CollectA Medusa ;)

Cheers!

Reptilia

I have to repeat myself in saying that this year's ceratopsians by Collecta are top notch. Taking aside the back quills, one thing that always bothered me on previous models (Xenoceratops, Medusaceratops and Mercuriceratops) were the wide hips. The three new ones get rid of it and show better body proportions, as you've pointed out. And the fact that standard figures are small and still nicely detailed is definitely a plus. Let's hope Collecta will soon pull out a deluxe Triceratops or Pachyrhinosaurus on par with the Styracosaurus.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

The Collecta Regaliceratops and Einiosaurus both work out to 1:40-ish though, don't they? The small size is actually a plus for me if that's the case.

Ezikot

Bokisaurus, thank you for sharing these nice pics.
The pachy and the medusa are so good...
Who did repaint them?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Ezikot on March 04, 2017, 07:52:37 AM
Who did repaint them?

Bokisaurus is a talented dino-painter (and a talented photographer too..).

Ezikot

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 04, 2017, 07:56:15 AM
Quote from: Ezikot on March 04, 2017, 07:52:37 AM
Who did repaint them?
Bokisaurus is a talented dino-painter (and a talented photographer too..).
thank you, RobinGoodfellow and congratulations to you, Bokisaurus.
(i wish i were that talented)

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I can't wait for the new CollectA Regaliceratops and Styracosaurus to come out. The Styracosaurus is for my friend but the Regaliceratops looks incredible. I love tho coloration.

Neosodon

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on March 04, 2017, 04:20:59 AM
The Collecta Regaliceratops and Einiosaurus both work out to 1:40-ish though, don't they? The small size is actually a plus for me if that's the case.
I got a 1:41 scale for the Regaliceratops.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Joe the Spinosaurus

Here are the Ceratopsians that I currently have:

Only seven sofar, but I am planning to get more.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kayakasaurus @Kayakasaurus Fortunately the styracosaurus is a kind of dinosaur that is successfully represented and successful by the different dinosaur companies among which is Papo, Favorite and for me the best styracosaurus of PVC made to date Safari 2019.

avatar_Joe the Spinosaurus @Joe the Spinosaurus On the other hand, the ceraptosides in their different species are well represented. It is a very popular dinosaur species and not just triceratops.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus It is the best styracosaurus made to date in PVC format. Doug masterfully nails all his figures.

Bokisaurus

Shonisaurus

Thank you for publishing Safari's styracosaurus photographs comparing it with other great PVC paleoartistic representations of that dinosaur that is well known to a large part of the public, although the other artists of the different brands have made outstanding figures. I sincerely like this version of Safari 2019. It seems a much improved version of this strange ceraptoside.

On the other hand the PNSO mini ceraptosides are just as great for the miniatures of einiosaurus and regaliceratops from Collecta. PNSO has also done an outstanding and admirable job.

Halichoeres

The 2019 Styracosaurus has made an appearance, but not the 2018 Regaliceratops!

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

About what scale are the large and mini PNSO Spinops, respectively?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 16, 2019, 12:31:51 AM

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus the large one is about 1:20 based on head measurements. I don't have the small one but based on comparing the sizes of the two in Boki's review on the blog it looks like it could be about 1:50.

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 18, 2019, 10:27:45 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on July 16, 2019, 12:31:51 AM

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus the large one is about 1:20 based on head measurements. I don't have the small one but based on comparing the sizes of the two in Boki's review on the blog it looks like it could be about 1:50.

Thanks! That's helpful to know.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: