News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. - New for 2016

Started by Halichoeres, January 20, 2016, 05:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 28, 2016, 09:18:51 PM
I'm staying in Hong Kong :P  It was the shop (my only source for CollectA :'() that was moving, not me.
I hope this clears us the confusion, and I think we're going a little off topic here, eh?  ;)
are there a lot of stores selling dinosaurs and other animal figures in HK?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Postosuchus84

Quote from: Sim on July 28, 2016, 04:06:09 PM
On FlaffyRaptors's profile, their location is HongKong...

Yeah. I didn't and also forgot to check it. That was my fault. Apologies.

Flaffy

Quote from: sauroid on July 28, 2016, 10:00:32 PM
I'm staying in Hong Kong :P  It was the shop (my only source for CollectA :'() that was moving, not me.
I hope this clears us the confusion, and I think we're going a little off topic here, eh?  ;)
There used to be one or two, we even had Japanese animal/goldfish capsule figures in HK, but now they are no where to be found  :'(

sauroid

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 29, 2016, 01:44:27 AM
Quote from: sauroid on July 28, 2016, 10:00:32 PM
There used to be one or two, we even had Japanese animal/goldfish capsule figures in HK, but now they are no where to be found  :'(
aw that's too bad. and to think that HK is supposed to have everything in terms of global merchandise.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

Just went to the Fukui Museum and found 3 special exhibit sets, the yutyrannus set, coelophysis set and the pentaceratops set. The sinoceratops set and the guan long set are not released yet. The yutyrannus set is 2000 yen, pentaceratops should be 2300 yen and the coelophysis set should be 2500 yen. They also had previous retired exclusives for sale there, like the concavenator and pelecanimimus set, and the soft model saurolophus.
Probably gonna post some pics when I get back home.  ;D

empire3569

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 31, 2016, 11:33:20 AM
Just went to the Fukui Museum and found 3 special exhibit sets, the yutyrannus set, coelophysis set and the pentaceratops set. The sinoceratops set and the guan long set are not released yet. The yutyrannus set is 2000 yen, pentaceratops should be 2300 yen and the coelophysis set should be 2500 yen. They also had previous retired exclusives for sale there, like the concavenator and pelecanimimus set, and the soft model saurolophus.
Probably gonna post some pics when I get back home.  ;D

Looking forward to the pictures! Did you happen to find out what scale these are in?

Roselaar

Hopefully they had a lot of those Saurolophuses, still plenty of people looking for one of those! :)

MLMjp

Quote from: Roselaar on July 31, 2016, 06:05:57 PM
Hopefully they had a lot of those Saurolophuses, still plenty of people looking for one of those! :)

They always have the good stuff  :(

Damn you Japan! >:(

Daspletodave

I have the Saurolophus figure (and the Tarbosaurus) and it's pretty cool. Makes me wonder if the Saurolophus figure has been available at the Fukui Museum all along (ie ever since it was released) or if they just brought out the unsold stock for this exhibit. I know a lot of people missed out on it the first time around and would love the chence to get one now.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Daspletodave on July 31, 2016, 06:21:06 PM
I have the Saurolophus figure (and the Tarbosaurus) and it's pretty cool. Makes me wonder if the Saurolophus figure has been available at the Fukui Museum all along (ie ever since it was released) or if they just brought out the unsold stock for this exhibit. I know a lot of people missed out on it the first time around and would love the chence to get one now.

I didn't knew there was a Saurolophus by favorite until I joined here and I have a emptiness in my heart since I knew it was rare and discontinued XD.  Just  kidding,  but that is a figure I would love to have definitely.

Georassic

Quote from: Roselaar on July 31, 2016, 06:05:57 PM

Including me. I'm willing to buy, if anyone has one to sell. (Same for his buddy Tarbo.)

Lanthanotus

Get in contact with brettnj for Saurolophus and Tarbo, he may be able to hook ya up.

Georassic

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 31, 2016, 10:11:47 PM
Get in contact with brettnj for Saurolophus and Tarbo, he may be able to hook ya up.
Yep, I'm on his email list.  ;)

Flaffy

I think the museum are selling previous stock of the special exhibits before. The saurolophus are in limited numbers and are almost gone, I'm not sure if they have any more stock though. Also, the saurolophus and concavenator set are only available for sale inside the special exhibition, not available for the normal gift shops outside. Scale wise, I'm not too sure (sorry) but what I can tell you is that the new special exhibit figures are not big at all (Except for the renodasaurus), the pentaceratops is about 10 cm or so. I did purchase two saurolophus, I might consider selling one someday, but as of now I am keeping the two.

postsaurischian

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on August 01, 2016, 04:11:59 AM
....... Scale wise, I'm not too sure (sorry) but what I can tell you is that the new special exhibit figures are not big at all .......

That's good. I don't want the Guanlong to be larger than 1:20 :).

empire3569

I think the museum are selling previous stock of the special exhibits before. The saurolophus are in limited numbers and are almost gone, I'm not sure if they have any more stock though. Also, the saurolophus and concavenator set are only available for sale inside the special exhibition, not available for the normal gift shops outside. Scale wise, I'm not too sure (sorry) but what I can tell you is that the new special exhibit figures are not big at all (Except for the renodasaurus), the pentaceratops is about 10 cm or so. I did purchase two saurolophus, I might consider selling one someday, but as of now I am keeping the two.

are you still going to post pictures of the new sets?

Flaffy

Quote from: empire3569 on August 02, 2016, 01:01:39 AM

are you still going to post pictures of the new sets?
Yes, but unfortunately I am not home yet, still in Japan. Sorry :-[

RobinGoodfellow

...I don't know if they are new but I found these browsing the Favorite website:

Cambrian Creatures Mini Model ( Burgess Series)

http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/77201.html

They seem interesting....

Nebuloid

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 03, 2016, 08:24:51 PM
...I don't know if they are new but I found these browsing the Favorite website:

Cambrian Creatures Mini Model ( Burgess Series)

http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/77201.html

They seem interesting....

Think those are indeed new, they look pretty good !

deanm

Oh, man I want that set.

Aside from pterosaurs - I do have one other weakness and that is the Burgess Shale (and other contemporay fossil localities).

My Japanese is non-existent and I really don't trust google translate (my french is good enough to read those translations and cringe from them...).

Are they being released all at once or piece-meal?

Time to reach out to Brent...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: