News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Dinosaur Art & Sculptures

Started by Archinto, January 23, 2016, 04:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Oh, it is? It's hard to tell on the internet (and I struggle to know when people are being sarcastic, anyway). Never mind.

copper

Quote from: Takama on October 23, 2016, 05:08:58 PM
Guys it was me who commissiond the piece, and I was being sarcastic with my first post.

Ah yes I missed the part below the art photo  :D 
The idea of a collection like you're talking about sounds absolutely great! There are not that many sculptors who do old classic looking dinosaurs so it's nice to see someone doing it : )

Archinto

Quote from: Takama on October 23, 2016, 01:30:47 AM
Gee why on earth would anyone commission something like that? :-\   Dinosaurs are better then ever, and they wanted something that harkens back to the old days when they are seen as nothing but slow dumb lizards?

To each there own i supose, but i all i have to say is that who ever commisioned this is insane  >:D

Yes Takama the guy who comissioned this Is a bit insane.... hahahahahahahah this sculpt was a fun one to do for ya. The back scales tho.... so tedious! :-X

I like your idea of an old  scolosaurus render. Maybe i should make him look a little bit like Ol Rooter from Land before Time :)

Even though dinosaurs have advanced so much, so many companies still make tail draggers lol. If i saw a figure like this at a store, id have a hard time Not buying it..... :p

And on the sarcasm, yes its hard to convey online or in texts, but no worries TQ i have some of the same problems there as you :s in this case though, takama readied me for it beforehand hahhaa!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Takama

I also wanted to make it a museum like collection of models that Invicta could of been.

I'm not sure if I want to have them all to scale or if I just want them to be reletively sized to each other.    Every model will look like something that's not been updated for the dinosaur renaissance. And in some cases. I will also only do reconstructions made in the 20th century so no crystal palace iguanodon or Megalosaurus l.

Archinto

Quote from: Takama on October 24, 2016, 05:51:02 AM
I also wanted to make it a museum like collection of models that Invicta could of been.

I'm not sure if I want to have them all to scale or if I just want them to be reletively sized to each other.    Every model will look like something that's not been updated for the dinosaur renaissance. And in some cases. I will also only do reconstructions made in the 20th century so no crystal palace iguanodon or Megalosaurus l.

The iguanadon as portrayed in one of my dinosaur storybooks is my fave rendition. Dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures is the book with a triceratops on the cover. Charming stories about different dinosaurs living their lives. Lots of interesting species too.

Im excited to see what you have me make next. Just finishing up a juvenile allosaurus mod right now on an old broken jp figure. Ill post it here when its done before i list it for sale.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Takama

How about a classic carnosaurian spinosaurus?  make it taller the the T.rex and make seem like the biggest carnivore ever.    I toyed with making it a qaudroped but I don't know how supoorted that was in the old days despite old school depictions.

Also big lardy brontosaurus that can barely walk on land.

Archinto

Quote from: Takama on October 24, 2016, 07:00:33 AM
How about a classic carnosaurian spinosaurus?  make it taller the the T.rex and make seem like the biggest carnivore ever.    I toyed with making it a qaudroped but I don't know how supoorted that was in the old days despite old school depictions.

Also big lardy brontosaurus that can barely walk on land.

Both would be fantastic, as Spinosaurus in my mind is still a bit of a short nosed predator compared to todays accurate standards.... lololol

And yeah, fatzz brontosaurus is one of my faves. I love sculpting the fat rolls and the super muscle-y legs n such. I made a really tiny little one like that and sold it on ebay for more that I thought it would get. I guess theres something intrinsically beautiful about the old skool apatosaurus.

Takama

I think the next model will be spinosaurus. And it will be walking forwards like it's storming through Tokyo.  Yes I want this guy to totally emulate godzilla with his sail.   Now I'm wondering if I should base it on the upper estimate of 18 meter or the lower of 15.

Archinto

Quote from: Takama on October 24, 2016, 08:12:24 AM
I think the next model will be spinosaurus. And it will be walking forwards like it's storming through Tokyo.  Yes I want this guy to totally emulate godzilla with his sail.   Now I'm wondering if I should base it on the upper estimate of 18 meter or the lower of 15.

ALWAYS...... the upper estimate ;) mwuahahahahahhahaaaaaaa

Takama

Quote from: Archinto on October 24, 2016, 09:03:29 AM
Quote from: Takama on October 24, 2016, 08:12:24 AM

ALWAYS...... the upper estimate ;) mwuahahahahahhahaaaaaaa

You should totally base it off of the skeletal drawing made by Ernst Stromer

Dilopho

This one? Bwaahaha! It looks so funny every time I look at it, I don't know why. Maybe it's the tiny limbs?!? I have other ones you could try too, Archinto:

Archinto

Got the eyes built for my Big T-Rex today. Glass Iris with super sculpey eye flesh

1:10 t-Rex WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

Dilopho

Quote from: Archinto on October 25, 2016, 05:54:10 AM
Got the eyes built for my Big T-Rex today. Glass Iris with super sculpey eye flesh
That is truly terrifying. It scared the heck out of me when I opened the page.  :o

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

spinosaurus1

lol, it's been years since i seen that movie. the similarities are uncanny

Dilopho

REMEMBER ME, EDDIE? When I KILLED your brother....
I talked JUST. LIKE. THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Archinto, are the eyes going to stay red?

Rathalosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 25, 2016, 05:32:42 PM
Makes me think of this guy:

HOLY CRAP?!?!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??? It scared the soul out of me. :o :o :o
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Dilopho

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on October 25, 2016, 06:59:50 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 25, 2016, 05:32:42 PM
Makes me think of this guy:

HOLY CRAP?!?!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??? It scared the soul out of me. :o :o :o
He's from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"

Archinto

Im gonna have to watch that again.... i remember that scene! :p

The red will be hidden from view for the most part by its eyelids. I may tame the red a little and vein them a little better. This was kind of a first coat so I could get them put in and keep working. Going to do the gums and teeth next while I continue to flesh out the body. I'm going to try a trick for strengthening his tail using gauze with the water putty. It'll make it better so it doesn't crack when bumped etc.

Archinto

Did some fleshing to the face and eye sockets. At this point hes got no eyelids, so expect changes lol. A bit less creepy eyes now...

1:10 T. Rex WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: