News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archinto's Dinosaur Art & Sculptures

Started by Archinto, January 23, 2016, 04:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

Diadectes WIP by Archinto, on Flickr

I am really pleased with how this big boy is coming along. Its getting very close to the baking point for the legs. The  texture stamp I made worked out awesome!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

irimali

This is awesome!  I love the detail, the skin texture and the muscle, and the whole face is so alive looking!

Silvanusaurus

Your sculpting work is fantastic, I'm not sure I'd ever have the competence or confidence to sculpt something from scratch like that. Might I ask how you created the texture stamp you mentioned? I can get a bit carried away trying to sculpt individual scales myself, but whatever you've used looks really effective; detailed yet subtle.

spinosaurus1

the musculature and detail is amazing. great work and thank you providing a great tutorial on how to sculpt the feet. pretty much answers my questions.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Archinto

Thank you for the kind comments everyone! Im hoping to finish him soon so i can start the painting process. I hope to paint the eyes so they appear to move when you look at the figure from different positions.

Silvanusaurus, i made some different skin stamps from some of my toy dinosaurs. I pressed a pattern them bent the clay into amushroom shaped stamp. It alters the original skin casting and makes for some neat textures.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Archinto on May 25, 2016, 06:56:50 AM
Thank you for the kind comments everyone! Im hoping to finish him soon so i can start the painting process. I hope to paint the eyes so they appear to move when you look at the figure from different positions.

Silvanusaurus, i made some different skin stamps from some of my toy dinosaurs. I pressed a pattern them bent the clay into amushroom shaped stamp. It alters the original skin casting and makes for some neat textures.

Ah, that's simpler than i thought! I'll have to try that on my next sculpting project, thanks!  ;D

Viergacht

That looks really neat! Have you got a color planned for it?

Archinto

I'm planning on painting this guy a grey color with red brown undertones and a fleshy orangey red colored belly. The sculpture is done at this point. I added bulk to the tail and fixed some leg musculature on the third bake. Here it is as it is currently with a grey base coat.

Archinto

Thank you so much! I am really proud of this one. I made its body more like a female, and it looks to be in a somewhat defensive posture. I was considering possibly making the critter defending young or a nest from a predator. It may entice me to build a Dimetrodon to go with it, or possibly a smaller synapsid.

Viergacht

Ah, like a red-bellied newt? Neato!

I think defending a nest would look spectacular.

Silvanusaurus

I want to own it! Such an interesting animal and model of said animal, really supremely done.

Archinto

Itll be for sale once its all finished. :) the colors are looking rather awesome as its progressing. Turning out exactly how i planned so far :)

Archinto

The colors are coming out just as I have planned! The belly is still a basic base coat, but the tones are exactly what I was aiming for. This thing is gonna be epic once it's all finished! The skin tone is still progressing, so expect changes!

RobinGoodfellow

You should think to cast your models in limited quantities and sell copies .  8)

Archinto

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 29, 2016, 08:44:26 PM
You should think to cast your models in limited quantities and sell copies .  8)

Id love to do that eventually down the road. As it is now i cant afford to do it. :/ po po grrl here hahaha!

It would certainly allow people to obtain my sculpts for less cost. :)

Archinto

I got a chance to sit at my table last night and got through steps 5-7 on my tinting process. Figured I'd share him :) the mouth will get more work as well as the belly shading.

Jetoar

You have done a really great work with this figure  ^-^
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: